Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock Infinite

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 26, 2013

The third game in the BioShock series leaves the bottom of the sea behind for an entirely new setting - the floating city of Columbia, circa 1912. Come to retrieve a girl named Elizabeth, ex-detective Booker DeWitt finds more in store for him there than he could ever imagine.

The "Ultra" level in PC is a sham...

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Aurelito

It's just softer and smoother lighting, why was it advertised so much?

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Because Ken Levine hates you.

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By killacam

JUST softer and smoother lighting? The less fortunate than you would kill for such things!

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Aurelito

@killacam said:

JUST softer and smoother lighting? The less fortunate than you would kill for such things!

I doubt there are people less fortunate than me. I'm playing on ultra with a 3 year old GT 450, I get a maximum of 25fps.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Milkman

you're a sham

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

That is gold right there ^ If only the GB site didn't think the Surface was a mobile device and let be quote it forevermore.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I'm pretty sure this should be in a game-specific forum, but I have literally no clue what game the OP is referring to. Someone else mentions Ken Levine, so is it BioShock Infinite?

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@aurelito said:

@killacam said:

I doubt there are people less fortunate than me. I'm playing on ultra with a 3 year old GT 450, I get a maximum of 25fps.

Yah, I see those commercials all the time where that girl from Double Jeopardy asks me to donate to a charity so some poor African kid can play Battlefield 3 at 60FPS. I would donate, but I just don't know how much of my money is actually going to that kid.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By pr1mus

Such a detailed and specific topic.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Winternet
    @chaser324 said:

I'm pretty sure this should be in a game-specific forum, but I have literally no clue what game the OP is referring to. Someone else mentions Ken Levine, so is it BioShock Infinite?

You know what, I don't even think that's the case.

Anyway, lock! or move!

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Aurelito

AWWW such embarrassment. I meant to create this thread in BS:I fora.

KILL ME OR MOVE THE THREAD.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I wish I had a good enough Pc to complain about the Ultra level being a sham. Try playing the game on medium and low, with an occasional very low in the more graphically intensive sections.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish I had a good enough Pc to complain about the Ultra level being a sham. Try playing the game on medium and low, with an occasional very low in the more graphically intensive sections.

OP is playing on Ultra at a framerate of maximum 25 fps. I don't think that qualifies as a good pc.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By EXTomar

The fact it runs smoothly at all on a GT 450 is an interesting fact. The GT 450 was never even the a "bleeding edge" card when the 400 series was modern.

killerclaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I think he means the post-processing setting that isn't normal. It says normal is "the way it meant to look". I can see a discernible difference with the ultra setting which my 660ti has trouble handling because of the apparent 1GB VRAM cap.

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Aurelito

@extomar said:

The fact it runs smoothly at all on a GT 450 is an interesting fact. The GT 450 was never even the a "bleeding edge" card when the 400 series was modern.

I have to switch to Very High in battles, I get a a smooth 50fps then.

This game is built on a 7 year old engine anyways.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By EXTomar

I wouldn't say that but that it is built to handle a wide range of hardware which includes your old hardware. Why is that a problem? Are you not going to be satisfied if new games still work for you? What an odd stance to take and a bizarre thing to complain about.

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'm using a Radeon HD 5770. If it looks better than the console versions and goes at 60fps I'm usually happy enough.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Sooty

I run on ultra nice and smooth on a GTX 470, rather impressive considering I bought this card over two years ago. (heavily overclocked though)

Ambient occlusion being set to low gives me around 60. Make sure to turn off vsync, it's badly implemented and will lower your framerate even below the display's refresh rate. Stupid, vsync should not do that, most games have it so that you'll never go higher than 60 but it won't negatively affect your performance otherwise.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Canteu

I'm running a 450. Game runs amazing with everything up to DX10, so, high for lighting and shaows, ultra for everything else.

Nvidia says this card supports DX11, but they lie!

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sooty said:

I run on ultra nice and smooth on a GTX 470, rather impressive considering I bought this card over two years ago. (heavily overclocked though)

Ambient occlusion being set to low gives me around 60. Make sure to turn off vsync, it's badly implemented and will lower your framerate even below the display's refresh rate. Stupid, vsync should not do that, most games have it so that you'll never go higher than 60 but it won't negatively affect your performance otherwise.

I tried disabling Vsync but the screen tearing makes my eyes bleed.

@canteu said:

I'm running a 450. Game runs amazing with everything up to DX10, so, high for lighting and shaows, ultra for everything else.

Nvidia says this card supports DX11, but they lie!

Same here, except I get regular lags with texture filtering set on Ultra. I have to set it on High. No complaints though, 450 is an old worn out card but most games today are made for consoles. Not to sound like a conspirtard but I think video game designers intentionally bloat PC versions of their game so people would buy hardware.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was advertised ?

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Aurelito

It was advertised ?

To my recollection, a couple of news stories and interviews hyped the shit out of it.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@chaser324: I think it's worth pointing this out:

He hates PC gamers? What a ki... what a douche.

This is a pretty obvious and pretty disgusting antisemitic joke. He's obviously saying "kike". I don't think this is okay in the slightest.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

looks pretty cool and the game is amazing, who fucking cares!?

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a pretty obvious and pretty disgusting antisemitic joke. He's obviously saying "kike". I don't think this is okay in the slightest.

So, you noticed it. Now for 99% of people who noticed it, yet didn't care at all because they understood it's a rather playful hint at the game's racism (which excludes anti-Semiticism, surprisingly). Levine is not even Jewish.

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aurelito said:

@mariachimacabre said:

So, you noticed it. Now for 99% of people who noticed it, yet didn't care at all because they understood it's a rather playful hint at the game's racism (which excludes anti-Semiticism, surprisingly). Levine is not even Jewish.

Except he is.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aurelito said:

@mariachimacabre said:

Playful?

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Aurelito

@mariachimacabre said:

@aurelito said:

@mariachimacabre said:

Except he is.

Really? I didn't know.

@jasonr86 said:

@aurelito said:

@mariachimacabre said:

Playful?

Yes, and keep in mind that I'm not American so I don't share your sensitivity on these issues.

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@aurelito said:

@mariachimacabre said:

@aurelito said:

@mariachimacabre said:

Except he is.

Really? I didn't know.

@jasonr86 said:

@aurelito said:

@mariachimacabre said:

Playful?

Yes, and keep in mind that I'm not American so I don't share your sensitivity on these matters.

Your culture has no concept of racism? Not even an hour ago, your avatar was Adolf Hitler and a year or so ago, you made a post explaining how misunderstood he was. Don't feign naivete. It's not fooling anyone. And, as a man with Jewish ancestry, I find your behavior despicable.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
    SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aurelito said:

@jasonr86 said:

@aurelito said:

@mariachimacabre said:

Playful?

Yes, and keep in mind that I'm not American so I don't share your sensitivity on these issues.

That's not how racism works. Nor is it how treating people works.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aurelito said:

@mariachimacabre said:

@aurelito said:

@mariachimacabre said:

Except he is.

Really? I didn't know.

@jasonr86 said:

@aurelito said:

@mariachimacabre said:

Playful?

Don't take this personally dude but, unless I'm talking to an active troll which in that case 'bravo', maybe you should keep from trying to use humor or say anything that could be taken the wrong way until you develop some semblance of tact.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aurelito said:
    @mariachimacabre said:

Your culture has no concept of racism? Not even an hour ago, your avatar was Adolf Hitler and a year or so ago, you made a post explaining how misunderstood he was. Don't feign naivete. It's not fooling anyone. And, as a man with Jewish ancestry, I find your behavior despicable.

No, because I'm not from a country with different races, just different ethnic groups. Besides, we ourselves are subject to discrimination in every white country. It's hard to be sympathetic when everyone (specially Juden) hates you. If you are going to be politically correct, you have to accept the fact that others don't share your values. Your culture is not superior.

@siroptimusprime said:

That's not how racism works. Nor is it how treating people works.

I said I'm not racist against Jews. I have my own prejudices (I hate Arabs) but that doesn't concern you. It's my culture to hate Arabs.

Again, tact. Don't say much until you learn how tact works. It might take some time dude. You're really lagging behind.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aurelito said:

I said I'm not racist against Jews. I have my own prejudices (I hate Arabs) but that doesn't concern you. It's my culture to hate Arabs.

OH BOY

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aurelito said:

@jasonr86 said:

Again, tact. Don't say much until you learn how tact works. It might take some time dude. You're really lagging behind.

Who exactly am I offending here? It was a goddamn joke, take the joke. Jew, Goyim, all equal (except Arabs of course). That's what I believe. Unless if a Jew or a Goy hates me because of my ethnicity, I will hate that person, not his whole race.

No Caption Provided

Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hey guys, what's going on in here-

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a twenty year old overweight boy living in a third-world country and self-righteous first-worlders expect me to share their values on racism (what's funny is that they probably hate my ethnicity, better not tell them or they'll cyber-lynch me).

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aurelito said:

@chibithor said:

I'm a twenty year old overweight boy living in a third-world country and self-righteous first-worlders expect me to share their values on racism (what's funny is that they probably hate my ethnicity, better not tell them or they'll cyber-lynch me).

Uh-huh. There seems to be plenty of rational reasons to dislike you if this thread is any indication. And what third-world country are we talking about here? I'm supremely interested.

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Aurelito

@jasonr86 said:

@aurelito said:

@chibithor said:

Uh-huh. There seems to be plenty of rational reasons to dislike you if this thread is any indication. And what third-world country are we talking about here? I'm supremely interested.

Sorry if I reveal it even these self-righteous people itt who order me not to be racist will act racist towards me and flag my every post, and mods will ban me solely because of my nationality. So no. Imagine me as a clone of Hitler, then you'll have less prejudice towards me.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aurelito said:

@jasonr86 said:

@aurelito said:

@chibithor said:

Sorry if I reveal it even these self-righteous people itt who order me not to be racist will act racist towards me and flag my every post, and mods will ban me solely because of my nationality. So no. Imagine me as a clone of Hitler, then you'll have less prejudice towards me.

Oh, ok, troll. Got it. Carry on then.

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonr86 said:

@aurelito said:

I'm not trolling, I really feel uncomfortable sharing my nationality because it will certainly ensue much discrimination and prejudice. Despite what you believe, we live in a world fueled by prejudice.

SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aurelito said:

@jasonr86 said:

@aurelito said:

I'm not trolling, I really feel uncomfortable sharing my nationality because it will certainly ensue much discrimination and prejudice. Despite what you believe, we live in a world fueled by prejudice.

If anything, we're going to flag you because what you're saying is easily construed as trolling and not because of your ethnicity (which, to be fair, no one brought up other than you).

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aurelito said:

@jasonr86 said:

@aurelito said:

If anything, we're going to flag you because what you're saying is easily construed as trolling and not because of your ethnicity (which, to be fair, no one brought up other than you).

What I'm saying, is that you should accept cultural differences. Not everyone on the internet is a white Western European/North American.

SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aurelito said:

@siroptimusprime said:

@aurelito said:

@jasonr86 said:

@aurelito said:

What I'm saying, is that you should accept cultural differences. Not everyone on the internet is a white Western European/North American.

Okay. Just because it's "your culture" doesn't make it globally an okay thing. I'm sorry, but it's not just Europe that disagrees with racism on the whole. It was "my culture" to hate white people just a few decades ago, and to be honest it probably still is, so I don't know why you're assuming I'm a white European/North American.

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay. Just because it's "your culture" doesn't make it globally an okay thing. I'm sorry, but it's not just Europe that disagrees with racism on the whole. It was "my culture" to hate white people just a few decades ago, and to be honest it probably still is, so I don't know why you're assuming I'm a white European/North American.

I have to assume everyone is from Western Europe or North America (and white) because all English gaming websites mostly attract such demographic. You're probably not going to find a Pakistani Salafist on this site.

And there's one thing, if you aren't privileged enough you can't be racist. I'm from a country that doesn't have privileged people, so my racism is moot. Only white people can be racist.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.