Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock

Franchise »

Bioshock is a series of award winning first person shooters published by 2K Games. The first and third games were developed by Ken Levine's Irrational Games, while the second installment was handled by 2K Marin.

I found a Bioshock 1 Remastered Bug. Does anyone know the name of the type of bug it is? (Image Attached)

zabattacks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By zabattacks

To preface this post, I am definitely not trying to go all hate-mode on the game. For the most part, I'm enjoying the 60FPS and improved visuals.

SO, as you can see in the images attached, you get a square in multiple colors (green, red, black) that are clearly covering ONLY the reflections from the light on the VITA chambers. Not all of them do this, but it got me thinking, why would it do this if on certain angles, the reflection is represented correctly? Does anyone know what would cause this (from a game devs perspective).

Has anyone found additional glitches/bugs for this game?

Thanks GB!

PS: Please let me know if I need to clarify the question! :D

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I would guess missing textures since they normally have crazy colors when they are missing, and if its consistent with only the Vita chamber reflection, but not %100 on that.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

Hey I encountered the exact same glitch in the exact same spot!

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NTM

Just curious, what system are you playing on (PS4, Xbox One, or PC?) Not that I can help, but I'm curious because I played it on PS4, and I didn't have it. However, I was playing Infinite earlier, (or was it Minerva's Den that I encountered it?), and there was a very, very small section of a sign I was looking at up close, that on the lower half, there was what looked like four or five enlarged pixels glimmering as I moved the camera around.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Cirdain

I imagine its a bug with the post-processing somehow. That is a funny one though.

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess it's not really a bug but for some reason you can't have more than 10 saves in Bioshock and Bioshock 2 combined. Because I had 10 saves in 1 it didn't want to save in 2 at all. Had to quit the game, delete a couple of saves, boot the game and play through the intro again. This was on PS4.

flippyandnod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's an arachnid.

WheresDerrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found a bug with a texture; in Arcadia, near the beginning where the houdini splicer keeps teleporting, there's a part under there with a few steps leading down into what is suppose to be a flooded area with a few tables; on the right half of the ground, you can see the proper water texture, however on the left half, it seems the texture's properties were screwed up, and instead you see the normalmap texture. It is very hard to miss because it sticks out, but its in a fairly nondescript location.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pc? Tried verifying cache to see if any files are missing?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.