Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Aug 21, 2007

Venture into the mysterious, Utopian underwater city of Rapture and discover what has turned it into ruin in this first-person epic.

No sound when playing the game.

chrisovc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By chrisovc

Pretty much when I start the game i will have sound, but when the plan crashes and I'am in the water there's no sound. I looked a bit online and have seen other people have the problem, but haven't seen a real fix for it yet. Was hoping someone else might have had this problem and found a way to fix it. I'm running Windows 7 64bit.

NicksCorner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By NicksCorner

I had the very same issue. On two different pc's, and with two different copies of the game. I bought the a disc back in the day, and then in a steam sale I got a digital version.

Anyways, the way to resolve may be as simply as to plug in a microphone. That worked for me.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By GERALTITUDE

I also had this issue and it worked when I plugged in a microphone, though I didn't realize that for a long time after. I had the sound problem since release day and only got to it to work in the last few months.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.