Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioWare

Company »

BioWare is a game company that is currently owned by Electronic Arts (EA). It specializes in making role playing games that usually involve deep and engaging stories.

Bioware at E3 : Where are they?

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By demonbear

What's the deal with Bioware this year. Only one lousy Old Republic trailer? Really?

wheres Mass Effect 3 or Dragon Age 2. I mean i know they are not for this year but It would've been cool to see a small trailer or something. Maybe I missed something?

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By sagesebas
    @demonbear: They may not have shown much cause they are pretty confident in those games The Old Republic is their first foray into MMO territory. 

I wouldn't worry though when those things get show it will be epic 
    demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By demonbear

Really weak E3 for Bioware in my opinion, I expected more out of them.

General_D23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By General_D23

A little too early for ME3, and maybe even the next full, series entry DA, no?

I'm hyped for TOR already, personally, so it's all good for me when it comes to Bioware's showing.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By RE_Player1
    @demonbear said:
    " Really weak E3 for Bioware in my opinion, I expected more out of them. "
    They released Dragon Age Origins, an expansion pack for Dragon Age, Mass Effect 2, dlc for Mass Effect, and have been hard at work on one of the most expensive games ever, The Old Republic. They have done tons in the past year or so and do have The Old Republic on the show floor. What did you expect Mass Effect 3 and 4? 
    penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By penguindust

I'm wondering if they had much to show for those two games.  While DAO2 has a release date of February 1, 2011, I'm not sure how far along they are in Mass Effect 3.  This March 2010 article from 1UP speculates they're pretty early in the development cycle or at least too early for anything worthy of showing to the media.   I wonder if Bioware was ready to announce the games and if that errant EA financial report which exposed their existence set their press schedule off track.  Either way, they came with just one game because that was where they wanted all the media attention to be focused.  Star Wars: The Old Republic is rumored to be the most expensive video game ever made and for that type of investment, they need it to be a success.  "Keep your eyes on the prize" as the saying goes.  All coverage and all questions are directed at their MMO project with little to no wasted public mind share on last year's hits.  

I don't need to see something about ME3 or DAO2 just yet.  As we get closer to the end of the year, then I wouldn't mind some DAO2 stuff.  A trailer and information on gameplay changes.  As for ME3, I don't expect it to drop until Holiday 2011, so next year's E3 is soon enough for that one.

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By demonbear
    @RE_Player92 said:
    " @demonbear said:
    They released Dragon Age Origins, an expansion pack for Dragon Age, Mass Effect 2, dlc for Mass Effect, and have been hard at work on one of the most expensive games ever, The Old Republic. They have done tons in the past year or so and do have The Old Republic on the show floor. What did you expect Mass Effect 3 and 4?  "
    I think you dont get me here.

They pushed a lot of software in the last year i'm with you on this so no i'm not expecting them to put out new games for the next year BUT since we do know for sure there will be a Dragon age 2 and there sure as hell will be a Mass Effect 3, It wouldn't hurt to get a trailer or two up there, just to get the hype going you know?

And Old Republic, the trailer was cool and all but shit was it useless. Show me the game, show me elements of the game, scenes, voice acting, a beta date, ANYTHING but christ something about the game.
    vilhelmnielsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By vilhelmnielsen

ME2 and DA aren't even a year old, they'll show up next year.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RE_Player1
    @demonbear said:
    " @RE_Player92 said:
    " @demonbear said:
    They released Dragon Age Origins, an expansion pack for Dragon Age, Mass Effect 2, dlc for Mass Effect, and have been hard at work on one of the most expensive games ever, The Old Republic. They have done tons in the past year or so and do have The Old Republic on the show floor. What did you expect Mass Effect 3 and 4?  "
    I think you dont get me here.  They pushed a lot of software in the last year i'm with you on this so no i'm not expecting them to put out new games for the next year BUT since we do know for sure there will be a Dragon age 2 and there sure as hell will be a Mass Effect 3, It wouldn't hurt to get a trailer or two up there, just to get the hype going you know?  And Old Republic, the trailer was cool and all but shit was it useless. Show me the game, show me elements of the game, scenes, voice acting, a beta date, ANYTHING but christ something about the game. "
    Read previews of the people who get to play the game... They have shown tons of gameplay footage for Old Republic and are letting the press write about it. Also you have to understand that Bioware is a part of EA. Why show a trailer for Mass Effect 3, a game that will likely come out in 2011 or hell 2012, when they have games coming out this year in need of attention. Do you really want to be teased and have to wait a couple years to even see the game? 
    demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By demonbear
    @RE_Player92 said:

" @demonbear said:

" @RE_Player92 said:
    " @demonbear said:
    I think you dont get me here.  They pushed a lot of software in the last year i'm with you on this so no i'm not expecting them to put out new games for the next year BUT since we do know for sure there will be a Dragon age 2 and there sure as hell will be a Mass Effect 3, It wouldn't hurt to get a trailer or two up there, just to get the hype going you know?  And Old Republic, the trailer was cool and all but shit was it useless. Show me the game, show me elements of the game, scenes, voice acting, a beta date, ANYTHING but christ something about the game. "
    Read previews of the people who get to play the game... They have shown tons of gameplay footage for Old Republic and are letting the press write about it. Also you have to understand that Bioware is a part of EA. Why show a trailer for Mass Effect 3, a game that will likely come out in 2011 or hell 2012, when they have games coming out this year in need of attention. Do you really want to be teased and have to wait a couple years to even see the game?  "
    They shows trailers of mass effect 1 two years before its release, and im pretty sure i've seen early trailers of mass effect 2 way before as well. But hey, whatever man. Fact is all they had was a lousy trailer and I feel its a bit weak.

And I know they wrote about the game but im lazy, i dont wanna read, i want a FULL ON demo onstage, kinda like Dead Space 2. That was cool
    Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I was hoping for ME3 or DA2 or anything related, but meh, can't have it all.

They did show off a new DLC for DA I think? Something with Leliana? Not sure if that's hard fact or just mods or rumors.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RE_Player1
    @demonbear said:
    " @RE_Player92 said:

" @demonbear said:

" @RE_Player92 said:
    " @demonbear said:
    Read previews of the people who get to play the game... They have shown tons of gameplay footage for Old Republic and are letting the press write about it. Also you have to understand that Bioware is a part of EA. Why show a trailer for Mass Effect 3, a game that will likely come out in 2011 or hell 2012, when they have games coming out this year in need of attention. Do you really want to be teased and have to wait a couple years to even see the game?  "
    They shows trailers of mass effect 1 two years before its release, and im pretty sure i've seen early trailers of mass effect 2 way before as well. But hey, whatever man. Fact is all they had was a lousy trailer and I feel its a bit weak.  And I know they wrote about the game but im lazy, i dont wanna read, i want a FULL ON demo onstage, kinda like Dead Space 2. That was cool "
    Yes they showed trailers of those games but not months after the previous one came out. Also the first Mass Effect 2 teaser was in February 2009, about a year before the game came out. Mass Effect 3 is at least 2 years away so why tease it when they still have to support Mass Effect 2. Its like the equivalent of showing the Wii 2 and saying it will be out in 5 years, no one would buy a Wii because they know the new one is coming out and is better. 
    newt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By newt
    @demonbear said: 
    Trailers and gameplay don't materialize from nothing.  Add to this the fact that MMO gameplay isn't all that exciting, and they've previously released some videos of it.  From what I can tell, it looks like the video they released might be the opening video for the republic commando or something.   They also announced/showed player ships and armor progression.

Hopefully we'll see the beta sometime this year.  It will probably be a /real/ beta, with servers crashing constantly and skills not working properly along with requests to do some specific random shit.
    Schuultz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Schuultz

Well, what other games is Bioware developing at the moment, Old Republic aside? Mass Effect 3, but they're not announcing anything about that just yet. Dragon Age 2, maybe? 

Anyway, last holiday and this spring saw their big games come out, so maybe they just took this E3 off until they have something more solid to show for. Maybe TGS or GC?

ngdavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ngdavis

While I didn't really expect any announcements, at least a tease of something would have been nice. I believe there was some new Dragon Age DLC announced, though, concerning Leliana. Did I just dream that?

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By FreakAche

I'm pretty sure that The Old Republic was playable, so there was more than just a trailer. That game is probably going to be their main focus for a little while.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By penguindust

G4TV had a long on-stage presentation of Star Wars The Old Republic game play during the show and more videos of game play on the website.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#18  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

Dude they just released Dragon Age and Mass Effect 2 and believe I wish they had shown DA 2 and ME 3 at E3 but do you really want them to work on these game for a year and a half and then release them?

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By demonbear
    @Mr_Skeleton said:
    "

Dude they just released Dragon Age and Mass Effect 2 and believe I wish they had shown DA 2 and ME 3 at E3 but do you really want them to work on these game for a year and a half and then release them?

"
    You clearly just read the first post, did ya?
    sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By sagesebas

They will put it out, it will be good 

but it may take some time

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.