Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioWare

Company »

BioWare is a game company that is currently owned by Electronic Arts (EA). It specializes in making role playing games that usually involve deep and engaging stories.

Bioware's Newest and Funniest QR Code

HubrisRanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By HubrisRanger

So as everyone knows at this point, the Bioware folks have been having some fun with the QR code stuff leading up to their announcement at the VGAs of something that is assumed to be ME related. The clues have become increasingly random, running the gamut from the atomic weight of iron to a compilation of the UK punk band the Clash. Their newest one, however, is probably the biggest clue of all: a red herring. 

For those that don't know, a red herring is a phrase for something is to divert attention away from what really matters, typically a plotline that has little to no relevancy to the main thrust of your narrative. As far as I can tell, there are two possible responses to this: 

1) We all been trolled, yo, which I'm sure from BioWare's perspective has been hilarious to watch
     OR
    2) This is a clear reference to one of the greatest comedy films of all time, Clue, of which the most famous line is "Communism was just a red herring."  This connects with some theories going around that this game may in some way be related to the Cold War, though at this point, the signs seem to be pointing more towards this all just being a giant meta-gag about pre-announcement teases.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.