Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bit.Trip RUNNER

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released May 14, 2010

The fourth installment in the Bit.Trip series sees CommanderVideo, the series' protagonist, running through levels in search of piles of gold as he avoids various obstacles.

This game makes me sad.

Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Sanious

This just came out for PC yesterday and I snatched it up right away because ever since I saw the QL for it on here I was super excited for it. My problem, I cannot for the life of me cannot for some reason beat 1-4. I have 2 hours logged in and just cannot beat it. :( I would say an hour and a half of that went to trying to beat this level. I know I'm not bad at video and played hard games before. I feel like sometimes when I press jump it just doesn't register, or there is just some sort of pattern I'm missing.  

Anyone have issues with this particular level or any of the early levels in the game?

Allison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Allison

Part of it could be you're not tapping the jump button (since if you hold it, you kind of float in mid air and can't get up stairs fast enough).

Also once you start sliding under the caterpillars you can let go of the slide button and prep for the stairs.

Really, though, it's a big issue about timing.

rjpelonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By rjpelonia

Timing.

It's all about timing.

Though I can't remember how 1-4 looks like anymore, just try to time your jumps a little bit sooner or later. After a while, you'll get it.

Also, you can pretty much just slide forever. Sliding won't prevent you from jumping and your hit box doesn't change. Not really a useful tip, just something to amuse yourself with.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.