Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Blackwater

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

A Kinect-based rail shooter for the Xbox 360 based on the controversial PMC.

Do Not Purchase This Game.

• 85 results
    FUMN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FUMN

This is propaganda at his finest form. Blackwater is company that makes money off of killing and war. Think about it.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By SomeDeliCook

Never even heard of this game before. It looks completely terrible anyways

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Wow, this game looks like ass.

No Caption Provided

And it's on Kinect! I demand a quick look.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Afroman269

OK

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

I'm going to buy it now, I don't own kinect or anything but this thread just pissed me off.
    iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By iDarktread

It's just a video game.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Samaritan

It's from the dudes who made Blacklight Tango Down, so, you know.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Slaker117

I had no idea this game even existed before seeing this post.

musclerider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By musclerider

@Slaker117 said:

I had no idea this game even existed before seeing this post.

This.

hoossy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By hoossy

I was clueless to this... but yeah, I wouldn't support Blackwater... but I guess my tax dollars already have

Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Teran

@FUMN said:

This is propaganda at his finest form. Blackwater is company that makes money off of killing and war. Think about it.

Why would that be a factor? Nearly every game out there promotes an ideal without being completely honest about the consequences. If propaganda were a factor in our purchasing decision we wouldn't purchase anything.

Beyond that, your argument is idiotic. Blackwater may make money off of killing and war, but a lot of game developers make money off of glorifying those same two things. Of course what you forgot to mention is that while Blackwater does operate in combat zones and was caught up (rightfully so) in controversy, they provide a wide range of services both military and civilian in nature. We know they protect VIPs and materiel however they also operate in disaster zones providing logistical support and transportation to those in need. They have also provided specialized security related training to people in certain professions. Is Blackwater a company with a questionable past? Yeah... but that doesn't mean they haven't done a few good things along the way.

What you should have said is:

"Don't buy this game, it will suck."

Avatar image for solarisdeschain
    solarisdeschain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By solarisdeschain

That doesn't really change the fact, though, that they've wantonly murdered non-combatants and have been described by sources inside the company as being run by a "Christian crusader tasked with eliminating Muslims and the Islamic faith from the globe" and that Blackwater "encouraged and rewarded the destruction of Iraqi life." I have an acquaintance who knew somebody who briefly joined Blackwater. He soon left, saying they were reckless and irresponsible. There are two reasons not to buy this game: 1. Don't support these people. 2. It will suck.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By probablytuna

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Oh, well alright.

fullmetal5550

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By fullmetal5550

Didn't Army of Two already cover the whole PMC thing? Also, this game looks silly.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Mkay.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#17  Edited By BeachThunder

I had never heard of this before, but now I'm going to buy 10 copies.

W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers

I like dipping my balls in ice water.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Vodun

I'm looking forward to the Haliburton construction sim.

FUMN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By FUMN

@Teran: For you to say that my argument was idiotic is silly. It was only 1 sentence, I did not believe it needed elaboration. For you to dismiss Xe's past work as only questionable shows how unattached you are.I like how you imply that game developers that glorify war are on the same level as these monsters. You ignore the difference between actually making money off of killing and making money with a game that has killing in it, which is a complete disregard for logic.

There is nothing questionable about killing peoples mothers and fathers for no reason.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#21  Edited By Video_Game_King

I'm not sure that this was a major enough issue that it constituted a thread. After all, I've never heard of it, and I haven't seen a lot of evidence suggesting that other gamers have.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Thanks, I was going to buy a few copies but this thread changed my mind.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By bybeach

Blackwater doing good things..shooting a bunch of civvies and making it shit for us, and in the proccess getting paid way more than our soldiers? pffff.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Getz

@Teran said:

@FUMN said:

Why would that be a factor? Nearly every game out there promotes an ideal without being completely honest about the consequences. If propaganda were a factor in our purchasing decision we wouldn't purchase anything.

Beyond that, your argument is idiotic. Blackwater may make money off of killing and war, but a lot of game developers make money off of glorifying those same two things. Of course what you forgot to mention is that while Blackwater does operate in combat zones and was caught up (rightfully so) in controversy, they provide a wide range of services both military and civilian in nature. We know they protect VIPs and materiel however they also operate in disaster zones providing logistical support and transportation to those in need. They have also provided specialized security related training to people in certain professions. Is Blackwater a company with a questionable past? Yeah... but that doesn't mean they haven't done a few good things along the way.

What you should have said is:

"Don't buy this game, it will suck."

Dude, did you really just defend Blackwater? The same company that has multiple officials who've been charged with weapon smuggling, drug smuggling, extortion, human trafficking, and killing civilians. They've done a few good things along the way? What could they possibly have done to outweigh the heaping shit-ton of bad karma they've accrued over the years?

Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Teran

@Getz: Unfortunately for your argument, being charged with something doesn't make you automatically guilty. For example, based your lack of reasoning I could make the charge that you are five years old. You might be, I don't really know for certain, but the fact that I have made that charge doesn't mean you are five years old... simply that you I think you lack maturity and the ability to critically think.

In the case of your example, lets go through them one by one.

Weapons smuggling: The investigation has been going on for five years. There have been no convictions.

Drug smuggling: The only web site talking about this was democraticunderground.com . Do you always get your information from propaganda sites? If so I'd recommend doing a little actual research before spouting off what you learned from a bunch of people who don't let the facts get in the way of the truth.

Extortion: Blackwater has not been charged, nor is under investigation for extortion. One of their former employees attempted to extort Blackwater, but somehow I doubt this is what you meant when you said "multiple officials who've been charged with...."

Human Trafficking: I can't find anyone making this claim, looks like you pulled this out of the usual place...? The only reference to Blackwater human trafficking I could find at all was simply using the term to describe their training people and then sending them into a warzone. It had nothing to do with the criminal nature of human trafficking (as in Coyotes smuggling people across the border, or slavery).

Killing Civilians: This is the only part of your post that has even a sliver of truth in it... but we've already talked about this.

What could Blackwater have possible done to outweigh their bad karma? Protected food shipments and medical personnel on humanitarian missions. Protected high level members of foreign governments who were risking their lives to bring stability and peace to their country. Lots of arguments could be made focusing on the positive things Blackwater has done over the negative but doing so would create a post just as stupid as the one I responded to originally.

Blackwater isn't perfect or probably even "good" but I'm tired of idiots spouting off what they heard on a web site that cares nothing about truth and just wants a bunch of mind slaves that will do their bidding and spout their drivel all over the internet. If killing a civilian were the sole basis by which any organization were judged and demonized, particularly in war zones we'd have no more armies, no more red cross, no more police, no more government period... and once we lacked all those things we'd see civilians killed in numbers no one believed possible.

@FUMN said:

@Teran: For you to say that my argument was idiotic is silly. It was only 1 sentence, I did not believe it needed elaboration. For you to dismiss Xe's past work as only questionable shows how unattached you are.I like how you imply that game developers that glorify war are on the same level as these monsters. You ignore the difference between actually making money off of killing and making money with a game that has killing in it, which is a complete disregard for logic.

There is nothing questionable about killing peoples mothers and fathers for no reason.

People often do not believe their arguments need elaboration when they have no evidence to back it up. Simply muttering the name "Blackwater" might be enough of a buzzword for you and others who get their propaganda from certain web sites but in the real world it's not. The fact that you think Blackwater glorifies war at all shows how detached from reality you really are.

Blackwater doesn't make money off of killing. They don't get paid a bounty for each dead body, instead they make money off of protecting. Sometimes it is materiel, sometimes it is people. Killing someone just makes their job harder because it brings with it media attention and a degree of scrutiny they'd rather not have, especially after previous controversies.

You talk about the company as though it instigated a conflict and is now profiting off of it. You don't seem to care that they were hired to do a job and continue to receive employment despite earlier controversies. Perhaps your misguided rhetoric is directed at the wrong organization. Video game developers on the other hand aren't typically hired to make a game about a war. They do it because they feel they can glorify it and create a product people will buy.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Spoonman671

I'll buy what I want.

wickedsc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By wickedsc3

@Teran: And the fact that you are arguing with him about it is just as dumb as this topic. I'm glad your doing your part to protect the internet lol.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By Jimbo

I only endorse Whitewater.

largo6661

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By largo6661

@Teran: best reply ever!

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By McShank

@solarisdeschain said:

That doesn't really change the fact, though, that they've wantonly murdered non-combatants and have been described by sources inside the company as being run by a "Christian crusader tasked with eliminating Muslims and the Islamic faith from the globe" and that Blackwater "encouraged and rewarded the destruction of Iraqi life." I have an acquaintance who knew somebody who briefly joined Blackwater. He soon left, saying they were reckless and irresponsible. There are two reasons not to buy this game: 1. Don't support these people. 2. It will suck.

Not everyone in that company is a complete asshole. There is no sign saying "If you join Blackwater, you must kill everything that is not American! YEEE HAAAAA" Yea, the company has some underhanded methods but so does every other company.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

This topic went downhill fast.

Gav47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#32  Edited By Gav47

I think Blackwater is a pretty cool guy. eh kills civilians and doesn’t afraid of anything…

Also, why in the name of fuck does this have Kinect support?

Edit: Oh god, just read the wiki page, its a goddamn rail shooter. Who decided it would be a good idea to make a light-gun game without the light-gun.

kurtkless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By kurtkless

@Vodun said:

I'm looking forward to the Haliburton construction sim.

This

solarisdeschain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By solarisdeschain

@McShank said:

@solarisdeschain said:

Not everyone in that company is a complete asshole. There is no sign saying "If you join Blackwater, you must kill everything that is not American! YEEE HAAAAA" Yea, the company has some underhanded methods but so does every other company.

Not "every other company" has engaged in the wanton murder of civilians.

solarisdeschain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By solarisdeschain

@Getz: It's KBR that was sued for human trafficking.

Juicebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Juicebox

Well thanks OP for letting everyone know about a game that would have otherwise gone unoticed

Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Teran

@TaliciaDragonsong: This topic didn't even start on a hill...

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
    tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#38  Edited By tim_the_corsair
    @Teran

Well argued.
    Klaimore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Klaimore

Well.. There is a business for just about anything out there War easily one of them specially when War never changes.

VanillaPlant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By VanillaPlant

Haha, I actually want to try this game now. By the time I get a Kinect it will probably be in the bargain bin (if it's not already.)

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#41  Edited By Hailinel

Is this game even being published in the U.S.?

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By stonyman65

@solarisdeschain said:

@McShank said:

@solarisdeschain said:

Not "every other company" has engaged in the wanton murder of civilians.

Not "every" company, but they all have had problems. In a war zone it is hard to distinguish between civilians and combatants sometimes, especially when the combatants hide among civilians. Like stated above, the majority of their jobs is transportation and private security. The only engage when they are fired upon. Also, they are no longer allowed to operate in theater - at least not under US command.

The majority of work they do now is domestic (private security, emergency response). The days of Blackwater/Xe operating in war zones if pretty much over.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8b49bb7fea7
    deactivated-5f8b49bb7fea7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uhh... guys? I just went from knowing nothing about this game to buying five copies, but I just realized THAT WAS THE OP's PLAN ALL ALONG.

He played us like fools.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#44  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Well, now I have to not buy this game now. I mean, I've never heard of it before and it looks terrible anyways, but now I have a cause! Since, you know, ragging on PMCs is relevant and not at all something that stopped mattering 2 years ago.

Jumanji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Jumanji
    @FUMN said:

Blackwater is company that makes money off of killing and war

So does General Dynamics, Raytheon, Boeing, KBR, Lockheed Martin, Honeywell, any manufacturer of a severe-duty truck powertrain, etc etc etc. GUISE DON'T LEAVE THE HOUSE OR PAY TAXES OTHERWISE YOU'RE SUPPORTING PEOPLE WHO MAKE MONEY OFF OF KILLING AND WAR
    Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#46  Edited By Dagbiker
    @solarisdeschain

so your saying you knew a guy who new a guy who joined blackwater good source.
    Jumanji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Jumanji

Anyways more on-topic:

Blackwater are obviously vultures and anyone who argues otherwise is a tool. They saw a chance to engage in rent seeking in the hideous morass of evil that was OIF and they took it, over and over and over.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#48  Edited By Hailinel

@Jumanji said:

Anyways more on-topic: Blackwater are obviously vultures and anyone who argues otherwise is a tool. They saw a chance to engage in rent seeking in the hideous morass of evil that was OIF and they took it, over and over and over.

Glad to see that you're so open toward debate.

Jumanji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Jumanji

Whatever dude... Argue that OIF was justified. Argue that "freedom isn't free" and that while we regret that we killed a million Iraqis post Gulf War 1 it was necessary and we're more morally upright for it. Argue anything you want along those lines. I'm telling you it will make you a tool.

Avatar image for christiancastillo
    ChristianCastillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@W0lfbl1tzers said:

I like dipping my balls in ice water.

I thought I was the only one!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.