Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Blade and Soul

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jan 19, 2016

Blade & Soul is a MMORPG currently in development by NCsoft's Team Bloodlust development team. The characters in this oriental style game are designed by the well-known illustrator Hyung-tae Kim.

Blade & Soul MMO Looks Visually Impressive

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

I don't like MMO's, they've never really done it for me, even games like Champions Online which has a premise I love still has little effect at tempting me. Another member here recently tried to wrangle me to join her on it, but I just couldn't bring myself to get on board. In my eyes the MMO's of today lack a level of realism I would want/demand from such an experience. The way I see it, one day I will probably play an MMO, but only when the realism is stepped up significantly in all aspects of design. I'm certainly no graphics whore, but I do know that graphics will play a significant role in providing that realism.   

Blade & Soul by NCsoft, brings the genre slightly closer to the realism I would want. I think the graphics rendering seen here is extremely impressive for a game of this type. Do check out the eleven minutes of video footage below if you have an interest in such games.

The heart and goal of the gameplay, is to offer players a high standard of PvP combat in the games imaginitively designed open world.

Blade & Soul (PC)

NCSoft has recently announced that the MMO would not come out in Europe or America at least until another two years.     

Blade & Soul Official Site:
    http://games.plaync.co.kr/bladeandsoul/ 

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Geno

Yeah it does look pretty good. Makes me sad that GW2 doesn't look as good or better. 

Nogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Nogert

Looks nice graphically, but I fucking hate anime. 

Although I have always asked my self this, why the hell do the people design MMO's always forget graphics, physics, and gameplay features, why are there no MMO's with a smilar combat style to Gears of War, why can't you navigate through large city's like Altair in Ac.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pause422

Good graphics, and if that one part where the dude is picking the guy up after it looks like hes lost the fight, and just for the hell of it can throw him like 200 ft away, that is pretty cool...but it doesnt do anything for me really, and I totally am not into that style of game. Those characters, I could never get around that. In terms of something really different, Im hoping Secret World ends up looking pretty good visually and doing something crazy. What I know about the game so far(next to nothing as far as how gameplay goes) setting wise is pretty damn cool.

SpaceDandie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By SpaceDandie

character models remind me of Magnacarta

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Nogert said:
    " Although I have always asked my self this, why the hell do the people design MMO's always forget graphics, physics, and gameplay features, why are there no MMO's with a smilar combat style to Gears of War, why can't you navigate through large city's like Altair in Ac. "

There may have been technical limitations in the past, but perhaps that's slowly but surely becoming less of an issue with advances in GPU technogy and Internet connection speeds.  

I know, they seem so rigid, there's very little experimentation as far as I can make out. The developers seem uneasy about merging gameplay forms found in various other genre's.
    02sfraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By 02sfraser

visually that looks amazing. the same sort of jump Aion did. but i feel with MMOs the high quality graphics will alienate people who don't have high speced PC or a Mac. i will stick with WoW :)

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @pause422 said:

" Good graphics, and if that one part where the dude is picking the guy up after it looks like hes lost the fight, and just for the hell of it can throw him like 200 ft away, that is pretty cool...but it doesnt do anything for me really, and I totally am not into that style of game. Those characters, I could never get around that. In terms of something really different, Im hoping Secret World ends up looking pretty good visually and doing something crazy. What I know about the game so far(next to nothing as far as how gameplay goes) setting wise is pretty damn cool. "

When you see footage of the game, let me know,  because I'm quickly losing interest. I now find it comical how there's has been no footage of the game, yet we still see these highly polished CGI trailers that suggest something visually awesome in on the way.   I do like the premise of the game, I just wish they would show a fricking glimpse of the game, a few seconds even. It was shown at GDC this year behind closed doors..but no footage has leaked, not to my knowledge anyway. 
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Al3xand3r

Pretty environments, awful character design, and as for the gameplay it doesn't really tell anything. How are they pimping a MMO with just 1-2 characters shown on screen? A lot of that was in-game btw, not CGI. Realism is not a factor to me at all, I just want an interesting setting and an interesting combat system that allows for fun character development and I'm set. That said, after Ultima Online, only WoW offered that to me, and after I gave it up no other MMO has attracted my interest beyond the trial (I mainly tried GW, Conan and Warhammer, the best of which was the last, but it was too much like WoW for me so I quit that also). I may try one of the upcoming space MMOs since they look pretty unique, nothing else on the horizon looks really interesting. Well, maybe GW2 since that has no fees so I barely consider it a MMO, more like Diablo really. And of course I'll be playing Diablo 3 too whenever that arrives but yeah, that's a long way off. Oh, I forgot FFXIV. Maybe Square will do it good this time. Other than that, yeah, I don't really need a MMO anyway, if one that's fun comes along great, if not I'll make do with non-MMO online games or single player.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Diamond
    @MrStool said:

character models remind me of Magnacarta

Same character designer, I'm pretty sure.

@Linkyshinks said:
    NCSoft has recently announced that the MMO would not come out in Europe or America at least until another two years.
    What's up with that?  I've heard a lot of Korean developers making similar decisions lately.

Anyways, technically amazing for a MMO, and I like the style (way better than any MMO I can think of, at least).  This was on of the few MMOs I had some interest in, but now that the Western release is delayed 2+ years, I'll probably never play it.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ryanwho

Boobs.

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12  Edited By Cerza

I've had my eye on this since it was first announced. It looks really good. It's a shame they aren't going to release this until after Guild Wars 2 comes out. By that time it will dated.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By pause422
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " @pause422 said:

" Good graphics, and if that one part where the dude is picking the guy up after it looks like hes lost the fight, and just for the hell of it can throw him like 200 ft away, that is pretty cool...but it doesnt do anything for me really, and I totally am not into that style of game. Those characters, I could never get around that. In terms of something really different, Im hoping Secret World ends up looking pretty good visually and doing something crazy. What I know about the game so far(next to nothing as far as how gameplay goes) setting wise is pretty damn cool. "

When you see footage of the game, let me know,  because I'm quickly losing interest. I now find it comical how there's has been no footage of the game, yet we still see these highly polished CGI trailers that suggest something visually awesome in on the way.   I do like the premise of the game, I just wish they would show a fricking glimpse of the game, a few seconds even. It was shown at GDC this year behind closed doors..but no footage has leaked, not to my knowledge anyway.  "
    Yeah..I definitely took that into consideration as well..that its been fucking forever and still no game footage at all shown to us. I would like something to pop up soon, but I definitely understand that. I actually forgot of the games existence until a week or so back browsing my favorites. I was glad I remembered it then, but seeing no new info for the longest time is surely a little disheartening.
    Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @MrStool said:
    " character models remind me of Magnacarta "
    Same artist as MagnaCarta, that's why.
    SpaceDandie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15  Edited By SpaceDandie
    @TheMustacheHero: awesome, I always liked the artist's work so I might look into this.
    PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By PufferFiz

wait so is this PvP only? I hope not.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By Skald
    @Nogert said:
    " Looks nice graphically, but I fucking hate anime. "
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

The only thing I'm interested in with NcSoft is Guild Wars 2, Aion turned out to be junk and does nothing to stand out with the rest of the Korean mmo market but have pretty graphics.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By End_Boss

A visually impressive MMO that banks on its PVP to succeed? Hm...

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#20  Edited By jacksukeru

I wanna hate on it just for it's character design but actually it looks... 
    ...no I'm just gonna hate on it. 
    It looks cool enough to keep an eye on for awhile until then: 

@End_Boss:  I'm gonna try that endless trial, daaamn you!! :P

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Linkyshinks

I'm going to try out that trial also.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.