Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Blade and Soul

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jan 19, 2016

Blade & Soul is a MMORPG currently in development by NCsoft's Team Bloodlust development team. The characters in this oriental style game are designed by the well-known illustrator Hyung-tae Kim.

Giantbomb NA Blade and Soul group

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By slyspider

Poll Giantbomb NA Blade and Soul group (63 votes)

Mushin (AKA the NeoGaf server) (Pop. 19639) 22%
    Poharan (Pop. 4211) 16%
    Jiwan (Pop. 4223) 8%
    Master Hong (Pop. 2183) 3%
    Iksanun (Pop. 1670) 0%
    Hajoon (Pop. 1194) 6%
    Yehara (Pop. 1432) 0%
    Juwol (Pop. 666) 5%
    Soha (Pop. 2005) 0%
    Old Man Cho (Pop. 2745) 40%

Hey Duders, after having such good experiences with the Giant bomb Final Fantasy 14 Free company, and the Giant bomb EVE Corp, playing with duders is my go to way to start any MMO. I was gifted a key to the head start of Blade and Soul by a friend and I want to start a group, or at least a centralized server, for the NA duders so we have something set for when the game launches for everyone on Tuesday.

The question is what server we are going to play on. As this Server stat shows, most people are on Mushin (its 4 times as big as the next server as of writing this). Because NeoGaf pushed this server as the main server, the queues even for the backers are upwards of 6 hours long, and that will only get worse on launch day. I will probably make a person on Old Man Cho to mess with until people finish with this poll.

There are cross server dungeons and I think cross server PVP, so we shouldn't worry about that. I'm not sure how the guild system works, I'll try to figure that out and set something up for us after we pick a server. Also after we pick a server, I'll use this thread, or make another more official idk, to collect peoples names to add them to what ever guild thing we have.

Edit: I just learned that there are server restrictions, and Old Man Cho is now one of the bigger servers although i just made a toon on it and I don't have a queue. You can see the restrictions HERE

Last Edit: FULL THREAD HERE POSTS ON THIS THREAD MIGHT NOT GET READ WE ARE GOING WITH OLD MAN CHO. If you posted below with your name I added you to the table to find people, mods feel free to lock this thread

• 
    grandCurator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got on Poharan for now until the hype dies down and I can move to Mushin (where I figure most of the servers will get merged to). It has reasonably nice folks on it who are willing to have actual discussion. It's also apparently the Aussie server for now, while Jiwan is the Brazilian server.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I picked Hajoon because it sounds like a stupid drug.

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Mushin has had a queue since the first day, and still does, always near 2k. No thank you.

Old Man Cho, while large, has never had a queue for me. I wonder if it's "large" because tons of people realized they could get in and made numerous characters there, and unique characters count towards the population count? Also, it sounds like a hidden martial arts master in retirement ready to kick ass.

As I said in my other thread, I'm happy to hop around if Old Man Cho doesn't work out.

DeathTrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DeathTrap

The queue for now is bad, sure...but once the new game buzz has faded, that will go away. It's kind of nice to be on a server with people - the others will feel dead soon enough. It's what happens in every MMO, particularly F2P ones. I can't speak for everyone, of course, just myself. But I'm definitely going to the most populated one. I've had enough of dead MMO servers. Love to play with the GiantBomb crowd, but I'd love to have people around even more.

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Silver-Streak

@deathtrap: I'm with you, although I think Mushin's scenario seems like it can only get worse. Look at the GAF thread a ton of people didn't get early access, so it'll get even crazier on Monday. (They're even offering server transfers to get off the server right now for free)

Old Man Cho is one of the higher population servers that are still viable, but as you mention it could way even out over time. If everyone goes to another server, I'm happy to hop wherever.

DeathTrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silver-streak: It will probably get worse, but only temporarily. Same situation happened with Wildstar's F2P relaunch. Server was crushed for a while, and people shifted to other servers. Now, however, those other servers are dead and they're clambering to come back to the primary one. It's a slightly different situation, since the plan from the beginning was to merge the split servers, of course. But that only makes it worse - in Blade and Soul, if you're on a dead server - are you able to transfer to Mushin? Or only off it?

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathtrap: Thought I replied hours ago, but the forum "Flagrant error" post apparently ate my response. It is only for transferring off.

kollay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Argh. Should've checked the forums first before jumping into Poharan.

LackLuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I'm on old man cho! Grettir

DeathTrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I'll be sticking with Mushin. Very little queue on there today for Premium players.

Akuyazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I made a character on Old Man Cho, but the wait time for me to login right now is 52 minutes :s

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Silver-Streak

@akuyazi: @lackluster: I have queues on everything today. My main on Old Man Cho is Trayal Mortus a Kung Fu Master, and my secondary is a Blade Master, Geralt WhiteWolf.

Felgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm on Old Man Cho as Svaelyn (Assassin) and Stonesong (KFM). Queue time is 85 minutes right now, but of course because it's release day.

CrocBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whoops! Didn't know there was another thread. Looks like Old Man Cho is the way to go.

btw @slyspider who were/are you in FFXIV?

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crocbox said:

Whoops! Didn't know there was another thread. Looks like Old Man Cho is the way to go.

btw @slyspider who were/are you in FFXIV?

Corhrah Nuhn, Im waiting for more content to reup again, but my friend Cordelia frost still plays and is pretty active

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By vortextk

Played the korean(?) one for a bit. Was super fun, had a partial translation, really laggy and didn't go far with it. Maybe 15-20 hours. I've been in queue since I got home tonight and started it up for the first time since downloading it. About 6 hours and counting. Old man cho server, trying assassin again since that what I played before and it was fun.

Gaminggumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So from the sound of things, duders are heading to Old Man Cho. That said, anyone setting up a clan?

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#18 riostarwind  Moderator

I created a character on Old Man Cho. Miav Rozel who is a summoner. Doesn't look like I'll get much time to play it tonight though with the wait time over 2 hours currently.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know a thing about this game, but I saw MMO, Korean, and potential Giant Bomb squad forming. So I downloaded it right away. Once it's done I'll try to get on the Old Man Cho server, cause that name sounds great.

Edit: Oh man queue times are real. Gonna be a bit before I try this out, hopefully it's a bit worth it. Last "big" MMO I went through queues for was Archage, and boy was that game awful after the day one hype went silent.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I did some research and clans cost 50 silver. Of which i have 0 atm. I'm going to be working on getting more to start the guild. In the meantime I'm Slyspider on Old Man Cho if anyone is on. I'll set a guild up as sonn as I can. In the mean time I'll make a new thread soon with more details for us to gather (without the poll in the way)

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wonder how queue works if you're not at the computer. Like 8 hours later, still in one lol.

Gaminggumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slyspider: A good to know. Well maybe we can pool our funds after we level a bit. My sad level 4 KungFu Master is named "Gumper" also on Old Man Cho. No queue early this am EST, but then the servers went down for 4 hours of maintenance.

Also anyone figured out how to use the inventory expansions you get after completing the Level 4 survey?

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaminggumper: Double click on the bar that blocks the next line of inventory. I think you might need to click the icon that shows up on the bar

rubberluffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

JolyneJoestar the assassin on Old Man Cho. Hit me up, crickets.

Gaminggumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slyspider: Great tip thanks. I'm sure as with most MMOs there'll be a tutorial box in three levels or something. But I'll also probably ignore it.

CrocBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.