Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Blaster Master Zero

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Mar 03, 2017

A loose reboot of the original Blaster Master by Inti Creates, utilizing elements from the original game, the "Worlds of Power" novelization, and the original Japanese version.

What's the beef with the top-down segments?

sunie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

So I am REALLY enjoying Blaster Master Zero. Every single bit of it so far and I think I'm actually almost done with the game.

So what's the beef with the top down segments, from this and the original?

I can honestly find no fault with them and the crew sadly doesn't take the time to elaborate on their views. If it was just Jeff I'd wave it off because hey, opinions differ, whatever. But then Will Smith and Peter Brown agree with them and no-one bothers to ask why. I'm not trying to slam them, I'm just genuinely curious what they find so bad about them. I guess Peter said he didn't like that you couldn't jump, but I personally don't see the need for a jump button in those segments.

Like I said, I really like those segments, the ones underwater in particular because i just LOVE the visuals that come with those.

Anyone share the crew's opinion and care to elaborate? I'm stumped.

Avatar image for deactivated-987696
    deactivated-987696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I have always liked the top-down segments ever since the original Blaster Master on NES, so I can only assume, but on that version there was a lot of flicker in the top down segments so maybe that was a factor in the original hate. Also there were no save points in that game, making it quite difficult to finish. Just my 2 cents.

Edit: I quite like the remake, but I've only played about 30min so far as Zelda is taking up a lot of my time on the Switch.

sunie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Hmm yeah I dunno, a bit of flicker wouldn't make people say it's garbage, right? Tons of NES games had flicker back in the day.

I play the game as a palette cleanser in between BotW sessions. It controls so well!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.