Originally known as BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II Plus, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend is essentially version 1.05 of the original BlazBlue: Continuum Shift. However, instead of a patch, a brand new retail copy is being made for the Playstation Vita, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, with additional features not found in any previous versions of the game. Toshimichi Mori said that this was originally going to be a retail release for the PS Vita only, but later decided to release it on disc for the major consoles as well.
- Network mode has been adjusted to allow online team play in 2v2, 3v3 and even 2v4 matches.
- Additional scenes in Story mode provide added backstory for all characters in the BlazBlue canon, especially those who either had small roles or were left out of the original stories of Calamity Trigger and Continuum Shift, like Makoto, Valkenhayn, and Platinum.
- Abridged version of Calamity Trigger's story with revised cutscenes designed by nitroplus, allowing new players to catch up on Blazblue's canon.
- Challenge Modes that test the player's ability to perform increasingly difficult but damaging combos with each playable character.
- Re-balanced gameplay to accommodate new character (see below).
- All downloadable characters from the previous game unlocked at the start for no extra charge.
- PS3 and PS Vita versions will be able to share save data for use in story mode.
- Abyss Mode--a sort of survival mode where one player fights a long string of CPU opponents in sudden-death matches, with RPG-like buffs/debuffs awarded along the way as the player progresses into The Abyss.
- Unlimited Mars mode: a single player mode that pits the player against a string of difficult AI opponents using Unlimited characters.
The father of Carl Clover and a master roboticist. He turned his own daughter and wife into murderous, robotic puppets, and helped to create the Murakumo units (like Lambda-11 and Nu-13). He is one of the Imperator's most trusted servants, though he is working with Terumi towards some unspecified goal.