Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 20, 2009

The second main installment of the BlazBlue series of fighting games, continuing Ragna's tale of manipulated time while revamping some of the original game's gameplay systems.

I just started playing...

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By GunslingerPanda

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger! Unfortunately, Continuum Shift isn't out here yet, but I've got it on pre-order.

I think my favourite is Taokaka. She's a spunky catgirl with dangerously large claws, and I like her down>down+C attack. Noel was quite fun, too. And those are the only two characters I've played with.

So, there's a story mode, and it's hella confusing. First of all it seems like there's just a shit ton of clones running around (Noel goes all cloney, and Hakumen spoke to Taokaka as though she were a clone) and secondly, there seems to be a whole bunch of branches depending on the choices you make/winning or losing. I did all the ones I could find yet somehow I'm only at like 80% with Noel and 90something% with Taokaka. Confuzzling.

Also just got DQIX, which is awesome.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By GunslingerPanda

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger! Unfortunately, Continuum Shift isn't out here yet, but I've got it on pre-order.

I think my favourite is Taokaka. She's a spunky catgirl with dangerously large claws, and I like her down>down+C attack. Noel was quite fun, too. And those are the only two characters I've played with.

So, there's a story mode, and it's hella confusing. First of all it seems like there's just a shit ton of clones running around (Noel goes all cloney, and Hakumen spoke to Taokaka as though she were a clone) and secondly, there seems to be a whole bunch of branches depending on the choices you make/winning or losing. I did all the ones I could find yet somehow I'm only at like 80% with Noel and 90something% with Taokaka. Confuzzling.

Also just got DQIX, which is awesome.

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Ace829

For the story modes bleieve you also have to lose certain fights in order to get different endings. Other times you have to make a different choice that's on the screen.

Supermarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Supermarius
    @GunslingerPanda:  you have to lose each fight to hear all the dialog, so you cant get 100% unless you do that too. You dont need 100% though to unlock all the story sections. You just need to get a clear for all the initially selectable characters to get access to Hakumen and Nu-13's story as well as a final story that ties everything together.  The only thing you get from 100%ing a story is access to a secret audio interview with the respective japanese voice actors. While those are neat, they ARENT in english so its hard to follow along.
    Supermarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Supermarius
    Inuzagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Inuzagi
    @Ace829 said:

" For the story modes bleieve you also have to lose certain fights in order to get different endings. Other times you have to make a different choice that's on the screen. "

You also have to finish certain fights via getting a Distortion Finish which you get by winning the match with one of your special moves like Ragna's Carnage Scissors or Haku-Men's Yukikaze  just to name a few or so I believe.
    DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By DocHaus

As I said in the Advice thread, if you want a summary of how to complete each story path and can deal with Kokonoe hating you, then go here.

MMkain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MMkain
    @GunslingerPanda said:
    " BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger! Unfortunately, Continuum Shift isn't out here yet, but I've got it on pre-order.  I think my favourite is Taokaka. She's a spunky catgirl with dangerously large claws, and I like her down>down+C attack. Noel was quite fun, too. And those are the only two characters I've played with.  So, there's a story mode, and it's hella confusing. First of all it seems like there's just a shit ton of clones running around (Noel goes all cloney, and Hakumen spoke to Taokaka as though she were a clone) and secondly, there seems to be a whole bunch of branches depending on the choices you make/winning or losing. I did all the ones I could find yet somehow I'm only at like 80% with Noel and 90something% with Taokaka. Confuzzling.  Also just got DQIX, which is awesome. "
    They are stuck in a time-loop. No joke.
    McQuinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By McQuinn

It's a time paradox.  Ask again after beating the true ending.  It's a lot of text to listen to, but a big part is just if ragna goes into the cauldron with nu-13, they go back in time and create the black beast and restart the time loop. 

continuum shift is like a time shift that continues past the time loop. get it?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.