BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle is a 2D fighting game developed and published by Arc System Works for the PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC (digitally) in Japan (on May 31, 2018), North America (on June 5, 2018), and Europe (on June 22, 2018).
A tag-team crossover fighting game by the team behind the BlazBlue series, Cross Tag Battle features characters from not only BlazBlue: Central Fiction, but also the fighting games Persona 4 Arena and Under Night In-Birth EXE:Late[st], as well as the animated series RWBY.
The game is notable for having its base roster split in half, with one half as part of paid DLC Character Packs released shortly after. Additional characters were added later, including characters from other guest franchises such as Arcana Heart, Akatsuki, and Senran Kagura.
The game was also released on arcades (running PC-based Taito Type X3 hardware with NESiCAxLive2 digital distribution) in Japan on April 25, 2019.
The base game includes 20 playable characters from four separate franchises. Additional characters were added in paid DLC Character Packs (with only two characters added separately as free DLC), some of the later ones coming from other guest franchises (such as Arcana Heart and Akatsuki).
As of the Ver 2.0 Expansion Pack, the game includes 53 total playable characters.
- Orie (added on June 5, 2018 as part of the Vol. 1 Pack)
- Carmine (added on June 18, 2018 as part of the Vol. 2 Pack)
- Vatista (added on June 18, 2018 as part of the Vol. 3 Pack)
- Merkava (added on August 6, 2018 as part of the Vol. 4 Pack)
- Yuzuriha (added on August 6, 2018 as part of the Vol. 5 Pack)
- Mika (added on August 6, 2018 as part of the Vol. 6 Pack)
- Seth (added on May 21, 2019 as part of the Vol. 7 Pack)
- Hilda (added on November 21, 2019 as part of the Ver 2.0 Expansion Pack)