Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Blizzard Entertainment

Company »

Blizzard Entertainment Inc. (formerly named Silicon & Synapse) is an American video game developer and publisher currently based in Irvine, CA. As of July 10, 2008 they are a division of Activision Blizzard.

Battle.net Account Merges Have Started!!!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jakob187

Do ya play WoW?  Well, I DO!  I just went over to www.worldofwarcraft.com, and that they are starting merges for Battle.net accounts.

Now, I understand that this means we'll have a more streamlined system for account names and passwords and yadda yadda...but I'm kind of afraid of merging my account just yet.  Why?  Well, how do I know what kind of heinous plans they have down the line beyond leeching my $15/month?

So, I raise a question that...*ugh*...Levio once brought forth:  is the merging of all Blizzard games under one account setup a wise choice for the end user?  Station Pass is an alright service that SOE provides for all their games, but at the same time...it seems that ActiBlizz has other ideas in their agenda from what all the rumors say...
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Karmum

I think it might be great for people who play multiple different Blizzard-online games. It doesn't bother me, as long as Diablo III is free online.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Geno

Can't see anything wrong with it.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jakob187
    Geno said:
    "Can't see anything wrong with it. "
    Well, the problem that's been talked about is that Blizzard is considering monetizing portions of Battle.net for clan support, VOIP, and other options...as well as offering microtransactions for their games.  This could potentially hurt them, as we've been used to Battle.net being free online for so long now.

Karmum, as for what you were saying, I'm under the belief that Diablo III will be free to pay online, but things like clan support, VOIP, and even potentially premium dungeons or new areas might cost the player some ends.  That would be bunk as shit!

So it's kind of a scary thing, but with the success of single account setups like Steam and Station Pass...which offer very few pay-to-play microtransaction-based features...this could very easily be a good thing.

My only issue right now is I don't know how smart it would be for me to merge my WoW account with Battle.net.  Has anyone done this yet?  I know we've got SOME WoW players around here (*cough*SNIDE*cough*...), so maybe someone could say "yeah, this is what it's about".  I'm curious how well integrated it is with other games that are featured on it like Diablo II and such.

*EDIT*  Oh, and on a slightly related but not completely related note...

WTB MANTLE OF THE LOST PROTECTOR!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.