Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Blood Bowl 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Sep 22, 2015

A sequel to the first Blood Bowl. A game based on the Games Workshop table top mini figures game of the same name that pits fantasy races from the Warhammer universe against one another in turn-based American football.

Current state of the game: Better?

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By BBAlpert

When Blood Bowl 2 first came out, I got the impression that it was a bit of a mess. That it made improvements in some areas, but at the cost of several key features/functions/teams from the first game.

Has this been smoothed out at all in the months since its release? Or is it still something to avoid until they come out with whatever "special edition" with the rest of the teams/modes?

I ask because I've been holding off on picking it up, but it's on sale on Steam for 50% off ($22.49, currently).

The fact that there are currently 2 topics on this forum doesn't fill me with much hope, frankly.

XCEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By XCEagle

There have been a few quality of life changes since then: you can turn the grid on and off, see player skills above their heads, and set up is faster now that they teleport, certain skills have been implemented better, dice logs are more extensive, etc. As for teams there are 4 coming out (Norse, Nurgle, Undead, Necromantic) over the coming months that are free if you own Blood Bowl 2 at the time of their release. I don't know if it's worth your $22.49, but while the improvements have been somewhat slow there have been quite a few to smooth some of the rougher edges.

InfamousOnager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blood Bowl 2 has improved a lot since release but in my opinion Chaos Edition is still a much better choice

Chaos Edition is cheaper, has more teams and has a really good career mode.

Blood Bowl 2 has better graphics and way better multiplayer.

they are both incredibly buggy

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Still not as good as Fumbbl!

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, it's been nearly 3 years since the last time this game was talked about and I have to ask: is it any good? It sounds intriguing as hell to me, but most of the offhanded stuff I see is not good and gets mired in some "I LOVE THE GAME HOW DARE YOU" bullshit so I can't tell if it's worth it or not.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.