Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

Anyone get the platinum trophy?

Red_Piano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I was going to get the platinum trophy for this game, but it seems like to get the Hunter's Essence trophy, you have to collect all of the weapons and all of the variants of the weapons as well, which seems insane and absurd and I was wondering if anyone can confirm this because that seems like the hardest trophy to get if it's true.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@red_piano You do not need to get every variant of the weapons, just one of each type, including guns. So just buy everything after you get all the badges, and get the beast claws from the chalice dungeons. It's not too bad.

Red_Piano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takayamasama: But I think I have everything and it didn't give me the trophy...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red_piano: I'd pull up a list, or carefully go through you weapons/firearms. I was stuck for a while with that one, but it turned out I just overlooked the Riflespear, of all things. Bought it and pop, trophy. I only ever had 1 uncanny weapon type and 1 lost weapon type, and it counted for those particular weapons.

Red_Piano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takayamasama: yeah nevermind I'm an idiot, I forgot to buy the threaded cane on this character lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red_piano: I hear that bro, it was one of my last trophys because I had overlooked one of those early weapons. Those and the "collect all hunters tools" one. That one in the nightmare frontier...fuck that thing.

Red_Piano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takayamasama: Yeah, I used the threaded cane on my two other characters so I just totally overlooked that I needed it hehe. Now I just need to kill that chalice optional boss....

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@takayamasama: I died more times trying to get past that stupid brain thing to get that, than I did the rest of the entire nightmare areas combined. Took me forever to finally realize that sedatives are what removed frenzy. Once you know that and you can pop one getting by them is super easy. They are squishy and die fast.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sterling: Yeah, after my first play through, if i was within 100 miles of those damn brain mages, i was in full Graveyard set with a 200+ frenzy resist rune and sedatives at the ready. Easily my most hated enemy in the game. Hell maybe in any souls game.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@takayamasama: How does it work for the Burial Blade? Isn't that NG+ only weapon? Is this trophy only attainable in NG+?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dan_citi: Seems like it. Not sure if you get access to it if you submit, but I refused my first playthrough, so it was available. If you have souls going into NG+, you could buy it the moment you get back to the dream though, so wouldn't take long.

Or you could look up a chalice glyph and try for an uncanny/lost burial blade. That might be possible in ones first playthrough.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.