Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

Beasthood, what we know so far.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Getz

I was surprised to hear Brad claim that no one knows what this stat does, when in fact there's quite a bit of info out there.

The problem lies, as it always does with the soul games, with the wording: "transformation." You don't actually transform, you just get a little smoke effect on your character (after ingesting a pellet or while using the Beast Claw). Basically, you trade in defense for increased attack power. As you attack, a meter fills up thereby increasing your attack and decreasing your defense. According to the wiki, this caps out at 60% increase. The Beasthood stat is just a measure of how close to the 60% max you can get.

Honestly, all it takes is a quick google to figure this shit out. Anyway, I figured people might want to know. Maybe there's even more to it that no one knows yet; it wouldn't surprise me.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I thought this was odd of @brad to say as well, but he's probably not as deep into these games as nuts like us. If you're using the Beast Claw I'm pretty sure your left hand will actually transform at some point. You get a werewolf hand. This can be seen on one of the three enemy NPCs in the Unseen Chapel.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By cornbredx

Ya, I mentioned it in my comment to that video:

"The internet does know what beasthood does. You can find the info here, but basically it increases damage and has a whole rigmarole to keeping it going. You never actually become a "beast" per say but there is an arcane item that is pretty cool when it comes to beasthood."

Brad was surprisingly bold in his claims on that video. Usually the things people say that are wrong are minute and I ignore it because it doesn't matter, but he said a lot of stuff that was wrong in that video. I know he could have recorded that a few days ago or yesterday or today or something, but this info was found out at least a couple weeks ago. =P

Ok, to be fair this probably doesn't matter either, but ya. No offense meant to Brad, he's awesome, but wrong on several things in this case haha

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought this was odd of @brad to say as well, but he's probably not as deep into these games as nuts like us. If you're using the Beast Claw I'm pretty sure your left hand will actually transform at some point. You get a werewolf hand. This can be seen on one of the three enemy NPCs in the Unseen Chapel.

Oh word? I never noticed. People seem to think your hand transforms when you do viscerals, but I never see it.

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Even i knew about half way through my play through and brad did not!. shit now i feel fucking awesome.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Zevvion

You're forgetting that Brad's source of information is the people he talks to from the other offices that claim to be way into Bloodborne and other Souls games. But those people are not as much into Bloodborne as people who are actually into Bloodborne. Also made apparent in the Load Our Last Souls video where Ian honestly didn't know what he was talking about more than a few times. So, it's not really his fault. He's probably been told nobody knows what it is.

For what it's worth, I only found out what Beasthood did after my first playthrough, because I do my first completely blind and couldn't figure it out on my own. But you're right, one quick Google search fixed that in 10 seconds.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#8 sweep  Moderator

The weird competitive elitism surrounding those games is insane. People climbing over one another to find out the truth of every aspect of gameplay and losing their minds whenever anyone says anything even remotely incorrect. People need to chill. It's OK to be wrong and it's perfectly reasonable to arrive at those conclusions if you're only talking about it with your friends and acquaintances.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

Look at your character's hand closely as it performs visceral attacks. It's subtle, but it's definitely there. Kinda ties into the game's whole theme of "who is the true beast here?".

It'd be pretty fucking awesome if you could straight up transform like some of the NPCs, but alas.

I can definitely see it too. I understand why it might be harder to spot, but you can really see it going kinda oversized during the visceral attacks. ENB took his gloves off and slowed the video down a ton in one of his playthrough videos and it was a lot clearer to see the hand extending into a weird, claw-like shape.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sweep: I have no problem with people being wrong, except when they make declarative statements from a position of expertise. Then a simple correction is all that is needed.

I'll agree that some people (in this thread even!) take it too far but that's just the internet for you. C'mon man, you're a moderator you know these things.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be fair, no one knew the specifics until the guide came out, but people pretty much had it figured out (do more damage, take more damage) other than the exact numbers and the invisible break points in the beast bar where the damage increments increase.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

@sweep said:

The weird competitive elitism surrounding those games is insane. People climbing over one another to find out the truth of every aspect of gameplay and losing their minds whenever anyone says anything even remotely incorrect. People need to chill. It's OK to be wrong and it's perfectly reasonable to arrive at those conclusions if you're only talking about it with your friends and acquaintances.

Seems in this case OP was just clarifying? The fact you correct someone for saying something inaccurate about this game doesn't mean it's elitism. That's why comment sections and forums exist, for discussion and feedback. It would be way weirder if no one corrected Brad in fear of being called an elitist. It's okay to be wrong, but it's also okay to correct inaccurate statements like the one Brad made.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.