Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

Bloodborne Character Creation: Hot or Not?

• 76 results
    golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By golguin

People really seemed to like the topic I made for Dark Souls 2 so its back! Show off your hunter or huntress! I spent around 1 hour making my character and I've played quite a bit without a hat so I could see her face.

Does anyone know if there is a consensus on BloodFashion or FashionBorne?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Zevvion

I wouldn't date her. She looks psycho. So... I actually would date her.

Mine is available in 56 seconds! Will update this post later to post mine!

EDIT: Nevermind, it appears I won't be playing this game today at all. I forgot the PS4 is a shady system. Apparently it only downloaded 10GB of the 29GB game, even though it isn't downloading anymore and I cannot redownload it, which won't allow me to play online. Whoever thought digital is better than physical is crazy.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Karkarov

Cute yes. Hot no. Be happy I couldn't find a way to make a male character who didn't look 40+ and trust me I tried. Also Fashionborne is definitely where it is at.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Strife777

I gotta say, from the images I've seen, From Software sure hasn't improved their models (physically, clothes are fine). They basically look just as bad as the previous games. Females are better than the males.

Edit: Oh and your character. 10/10. Would bang.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

There's a bit of alien freakiness going there with the lamp-like eyes. I did the same thing in DA:I, where I thought my character looked better in the creator with larger eyes and then looked a little odd in the world.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I have no idea if the Bloodborne creator is bad or not. All I know is that my guy looks like John Cleese. No idea how it happened, but it's great.

Avatar image for militantfreudian
    militantfreudian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By militantfreudian

@golguin: You're pretty good. I messed around quite a bit with the character creator, and the more time I spent, the less human my character looked. I thought the character creator was almost as bad as Dark Soul's, but I guess not?

Edit: So here's my character.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How the hell did you make a character that doesn't look like Hot Garbage?

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ezekiel

I gotta say, from the images I've seen, From Software sure hasn't improved their models (physically, clothes are fine). They basically look just as bad as the previous games. Females are better than the males.

I wish they'd just stop. The characters they themselves design usually look good. Well, the faces. I wanna play as one of their characters. They could design a few for the player to pick from. I think they do it mainly to make everyone unique in multiplayer. But I don't like the multiplayer anymore. The AI is too stupid for mutliple opponents and with the RPG elements and lag there is too much potential for a fight to be ruined. I also dislike the dudebro taunts and the silly way the players act, which ruins immersion.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

@militantfreudian said:

@golguin: You're pretty good. I messed around quite a bit with the character creator, and the more time I spent, the less human my character looked. I thought the character creator was almost as bad as Dark Soul's, but I guess not? Anyway, I'll update my post with pictures later.

Sounds about right. Every game that has a character creator makes me feel entirely incompetent and reinforces my notion that I don't know how people are supposed to look. I've stopped trying to mess with sliders and just use the presets, changing small things like eye color and hair styles but nothing else. My Bloodborne character is just that: changed the hair style/color and added glasses. Easier than going crazy trying to make it just right.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@crembaw said:

How the hell did you make a character that doesn't look like Hot Garbage?

Bloodborne's character creator is better than the other games.

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd post mine but I didn't really mess around much with the sliders working from one of the presets, just changed a few things around. I'll do that for another character, I was just really anxious to start the game. I like how long hair sticks out from under the hats, I can't recall if that was in the other games.

Klopzi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Klopzi

Here's one I put together last night:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

And that's the limit of my artistic sense. Back to chopping up monsters...

DrPeatore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A huge improvement over the potato faces from Dark Souls I and II.

Looking forward to From's next game that makes it to PC. Glad to see PS4 users enjoying this one.

MrAbomination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't make a Souls game character that doesn't look like shit to save my life, so I tend to just go with one of the default faces on a burly lady. That's really good, though, golguin.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Has anyone seen if the "masks" that goes over the face reflect how large a nose is? Like that ridiculous nose they made on the QL.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@zevvion: It's still downloading. It downloads the minimum needed to launch the game. Downloads the rest in the background.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

Considering how easy it is to make an absolute monster in that creator these are surprisingly tasteful. I don't know why they bother having such a robust tool when you almost never see your character. Especially as a hollow in the previous games.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By golguin

@klopzi said:

Here's one I put together last night:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

And that's the limit of my artistic sense. Back to chopping up monsters...

That is pretty amazing.

Klopzi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Klopzi

@golguin: Thanks! I don't know how you were able to make a character that looks like an honest-to-goodness human. My first character looked like a mix between my grade 11 English teacher and an (ugly) duck.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I was able to make my old man Hunter look really good. The face wrinkle tech is far superior to Dark Souls 2.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

It's a very robust character creator, unfortunately, I think it is kind of hard to use. I had trouble getting what I wanted. If you want a specific look, be prepared to spend some serious time creating your character.

Luckily, the option to save templates is present and I think I am going to love the shit out of that.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just happy my character has heterochromia

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's no Black Desert character creator, that's for sure!

Jokes aside, I've seen people creating awesome looking characters in the past but I can't never seem to make anything that looks human.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like most rpgs it's pretty hard to make a black character , but i ended up with a character i liked after an hour messing around lol

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you can change your Hair?!

must have missed that : (

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I've finally found a hat I can wear! I was starting to get worried about the hat options.

LisaTiffany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By LisaTiffany

Great job Gulguin she looks awesome. Mine was done in about 20 minutes or less, I never go too deep into character creation because I figure I'll be wearing full armour soon enough and I really wanted to just get started on the game. Didn't Dark Souls II have an option to redesign your character half way into the game? It would be cool if Bloodborne had something similar.

No Caption Provided

burgavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I spent about 20 to 30 mins creating my first character, I usually don't take that much time on the characters in the souls games, just some minor tweaks to a standard template. I wanted to go for a stern looking lady, had her as middle aged at first but still felt she looked a little too old and wrinkly, so went with youthfull instead. I am kind of bummed they didn't have any better options for glasses but hey. I've been having a lot of fun making screen caps in the game, since it's so easy this time around on consoles.

No Caption Provided

TimothyJiso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@golguin that's such a sexy looking character. I've been tinkering with character select for a while now and can't come up with anything remotely good looking.

Do you happen to have your character saved to favorites? If so, think you can post what your sliders look like so I can have a good starting reference? Thanks!

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

No Caption Provided

Reminds me of Cassandra from DA:I, I only realized until after the fact. Just with pinkish hair

CasaBlanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By CasaBlanka
    Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great job Gulguin she looks awesome. Mine was done in about 20 minutes or less, I never go too deep into character creation because I figure I'll be wearing full armour soon enough and I really wanted to just get started on the game. Didn't Dark Souls II have an option to redesign your character half way into the game? It would be cool if Bloodborne had something similar.

No Caption Provided

She looks kind of like Janet Jackson.

No, the only thing you can change in Dark Souls II is your sex, which is useless with the name and body customizations remaining the same.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@golguin that's such a sexy looking character. I've been tinkering with character select for a while now and can't come up with anything remotely good looking.

Do you happen to have your character saved to favorites? If so, think you can post what your sliders look like so I can have a good starting reference? Thanks!

You can look at the start of this video as I go through the Bloodborne character creator. http://www.twitch.tv/golguin1/b/640815939

SvenCalBayan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SvenCalBayan2
    Decoy_octopuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Decoy_octopuz
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

My first character in Bloodborne. Sunglasses are OP, what do you guys think?

thomasnash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been really struggling with chins in this one. It seems like all the presets start with a very weak chin, and I find it really difficult to bring it back.

r3beld0gg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By r3beld0gg

This is Joseph. I usually play female characters and generally like to go dex/glass cannon type builds. I started with Rose (below) but found I was getting my ass kicked pretty bad. Joseph is my strength build and has been doing well by me. Went back and played Rose some last night and found I was doing better. Never played a Souls game, so I guess I just needed more time with her. Not sure if I'll do more than one playthrough, but I can't delete Rose.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#41  Edited By Y2Ken

Here's a couple of shots of my huntress, the aptly-named Sasha Gunzz (named after my short-lived GTA Online character). I ran into similar issues where I made a face first time and the more I tweaked it the further from a recognisable human it became, eventually to irreparable levels. Had to restart eventually and build from the ground-up, trying to make smaller adjustments. Didn't end up quite how I'd envisioned but I was pretty happy. Definitely agreed that their defaults have real nothing chins that are hard to build out strongly. Compare that to my Dark Souls II character who had a fantastic jawline (and I seem to remember having no issues making a great looking character there). You're never going to give me an option to have different colour eyes and not see me take it, though.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    XaviVarg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By XaviVarg

Just stumbled upon this post! haha This is my first character (male "Balen Morholt") and my low level coop one (female "Alexia of Rhyia") both took me a looong time to create... XD definitely easier than in Souls, specially Demons, those were some ugly SOB's!

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xavivarg said:

Just stumbled upon this post! haha This is my first character (male "Balen Morholt") and my low level coop one (female "Alexia of Rhyia") both took me a looong time to create... XD definitely easier than in Souls, specially Demons, those were some ugly SOB's!

I do believe that Bloodborne has the best character creator in the Souls series or games. It can always get better though.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#44 sweep  Moderator

I wasn't really paying too much attention but I think I accidentally made Grace Helbig.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Choi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Choi

@sweep: Yeah, right... "accidentally"... Sure buddy...

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#46 sweep  Moderator

@choi: In fairness I did make an effort to make her look hot, but the Helbig thing was completely unplanned. She's great though, so I don't care. Believe what you want.

Dave Snider rule of character creation: If you're going to spend hundreds of hours staring at a virtual avatar then you'd better make sure they look attractive.

Choi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sweep: I was just pulling your leg ^_^
    I totally agree with you and Dave and I haven't watched a lot of Grace, but she seems super likable and charming.
    I made a chubby guy (sorta built like me) for Dark Souls 2 and totally regretted having to watch his chubby ass the whole game :D

r3beld0gg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dudeglove: Thanks. I'm pretty happy with him. He's got that old man strength. Originally I wanted to make the old man from The Strain comics (Abraham) but my other character already had the cane and I decided I didn't care for it much. Thus Joseph was born. :) I'm also the kind of weirdo that formulates a back story for my characters... I don't really know much of what's going on in Bloodborne, but I know all about the grizzled old hunter Joseph and the white scar he got as a young man... he still hunts for the beast that killed his family and left some of it's essence in his eye.

@xavivarg said:

I dig that armor set, man. Where did you get it? I'm not sensitive to spoilers, I just want to keep a look out for it in case it's missable.

I wish this game did like Diablo 3 where you could set the armor that is visible, but take the properties of the better armor. Or like Dragon Age: Inquisition where you could lose the hat without losing the protection. Hey, it's not dress up with dollies. It's a very manly video game. I just want to look pretty.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c148ccea785b
    deactivated-5c148ccea785b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

meet glottus

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.