Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

Bloodborne Discussion (Spoilers)

kylenalepa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By kylenalepa

Beat the game today. Really liked it! Got the "bad" ending, so I need to go through again to do all the umbilical cord stuff. Also, I'm not sure I agree with the whole "higher Insight = higher difficulty" thing. I beat the game with tons of Insight (80-something, maybe? I never spent a single one) and didn't find it that hard at all. One-shotted several bosses and even the most difficult of bosses took no more than a few tries. I'm no Souls master or anything either - beat Dark Souls once but that was it, and I never grinded or anything in Bloodborne.

EDIT: After doing some research, it looks like I was a victim of the memory glitch that makes the AI for the bosses go stupid easy, which explains why I was able to breeze through the game without much trouble. Kinda bummed that I didn't get the "real" Bloodborne experience. Here's hoping From Software gets around to fixing it sooner rather than later.

MeMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Does anyone have any tips for Gerhman, The First Hunter heis is so fast and hits hard I can't beat him.

Avatar image for lemmycaution217
    Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#203  Edited By Lemmycaution217

Been working my way through the Chalice dungeons before finishing my first playthrough. The Cursed Chalice was pretty rough. Currently one floor away from getting to the trophy boss.

Avatar image for deactivated-5daa2dc0c43a6
    deactivated-5daa2dc0c43a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the tips on Martyr Logarius, every time I'm having trouble with a boss it's a situation where I'm thinking "alright whats the trick to this guy.." and the best trick turns out to be get all up in their face. I just took out Ebrietas, Daughter of the Cosmos (she was the worst) and there's that dead spider in the back that allowed me to revive Queen Annalise. I really hope that DLC in the future incorporates this thing. Maybe as a way of reviving some other long lost monarch after finding their remains? Some of the story beats in the game are pretty interesting. Martyr Logarius was the leader of the executioners and Alfred was trying to avenge him by killing off the vilebloods, but Martyr Logarius was in front of the hidden throne room obviously defending it so him and the Queen must of had some sort of relationship? Or she manipulated him? Alfred reminds me a bit of Solaire from DS1. I'd be interested to hear any thoughts on this or some of the other story lines scattered throughout.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@memonk said:

Does anyone have any tips for Gerhman, The First Hunter heis is so fast and hits hard I can't beat him.

Parry the fuck out of him.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, fuck some of these chalice dungeons. I spend an hour fighting through a really tough area, only to be rewarded with fucking mold. Then I get to level 3 and the boss is Rom, in this small ass room. And his magic can one shot kill me. This is bullshit.

Avatar image for lemmycaution217
    Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got the Platinum today. The Chalice dungeons were by far the most difficult part of the game. Fighting Amygdala with half health is dumb.

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sterling said:

Man, fuck some of these chalice dungeons. I spend an hour fighting through a really tough area, only to be rewarded with fucking mold. Then I get to level 3 and the boss is Rom, in this small ass room. And his magic can one shot kill me. This is bullshit.

I've found a variety of codes for Chalice Dungeons with actual weapons in them, if you want those.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crembaw: Nah. I don't want the weapon variants. I just want something. Something to feel like I did something worthwhile. Not some stupid ingredients for more chalice runs. I don't get the point of these treasure chests setups if there is never going to be anything worthwhile in them. The same weapon with a different rune setup is lame. How about items in large quantity that are rare. I also get tired of getting low level runes. How about special weapons that are not apart of the regular game. Or large amounts of echos. Something. Fucking mold. Ugh.

bceagles128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#211  Edited By bceagles128

So.... the One Reborn = the new Jabba the Hutt? What a complete joke that guy was. Especially after getting my ass handed to me repeatedly by the three hunters, they follow up with that?

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#212  Edited By Seikenfreak

@sterling: Lol I just did this exact run today. I got into the room with Rom and was like.. hm.. okay.. Died and then said eh I'll play this later.

Also, there is one unique weapon that seems to only be in chalice dungeons. The claws or whatever.

On a different, more positive and funny note, I heard the Cannon was OP and Ebrietas was still being a piece of shit, so I got it to +9 and went in there haha. First try. Took her down to half health, immediately switch to Cannon popped a Bone Ash, BLAST her right in the face, repeat as fast as I can before she finishes changing modes and raging out and BAM shes dead. Cannon is OP lol One shot did like 3300 damage with the ash which was about 25% of her health. This is at lvl 75 and 35 STR. I imagine it will absolutely wreck any of the other bosses as well. Was going to try it on chalice Rom but died before I could.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@sterling: Rom's not even the worst of it. There are some really fucking hard bosses in the chalice dungeons. And I agree with the lack of good loot in them for the most part, but the occasional level 16+ blood gems can be worth it.

Bezerker85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I just unlocked the Platinum ^_^. For the last few days I have been pulling my hair out with the trophy for completing the Layer 5 Pthumaru chalice which was my 2nd to last trophy (along with getting the true ending). I had been trying to do everything with 99 insight so I decided to drop it down to below 10 and I was doing a heck of a lot easier.

The timing was pretty great as in the morning I will be picking up my PS4 copy of Dark Souls 2.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#215  Edited By gaminghooligan

Hey guys, has anyone started a lore discussion thread yet? I feel like it would be fun to discuss this stuff with the community, but this thread seems dedicated to gameplay related discussions.

Edit: I think I'm going to try to get as much out of the game before I finish my first playthrough as I can since I'm fighting Micolash and I figure I'm close to the end. I can see myself doing a new game + but probably in a month or two. I think I've only got five bosses left in the game including the secret one. Is there anything you guys would absolutely recommend I not miss? I don't care about spoilers, I want to find everything I can for the lore.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.