Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

Bloodborne Leaked Gameplay Trailer (w/ DL mirror)

Fushichou187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Fushichou187

Well, now I get to contribute.

Here's the rehost before it gets taken down:

And a 1080p mirror: [LINK] (Credit: alr1ght via NeoGAF)

Edit: For clarification, this is most likely the trailer they were planning to show at TGS last year but pulled at the last second; the "Project Beast" title card at the end kind of spells that out. Looks a lot rougher than what was shown either at the E3 presser or to journalists behind closed doors but this is still a helluva trailer and we can get a lot of info out of it.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Ohh so this is where the gifs came from then.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Just saw the video in the gaf thread. Fuck me this game is HYPE!

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4  Edited By Seppli

Jesus man, this trailer is so fucking good. I cared so very little for the Bloodborne CG trailer in the conference. I knew the game is awesome, but it did a poor job at conveying that. Really makes me question the sanity of whomever decided against going with this trailer instead.

Oh well, I know what I'll be rewatching a dozen times today.

Edit: I saw dual daggers, a katana, a scythe, and that shotgun/meatcleaver combo from E3. Also - love the blood and gore!

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Corevi

@seppli: It's a giant shaving razor

Looks really fucking cool, the blood sheen on the cape looks especially nice.

Why wasn't this shown? It looks much better than the CG trailer and other than the title card that isn't updated with it's real name seems E3 ready.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Man! I know I've said and I'm gonna say it again, but I'm gonna have to get a PS4 to play this game. That looked amazing!

Hecatomb00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta have that token gina boss! This looks great.

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

That looks so rad. God damn e3 has left me teetering on the edge of buying a PS4. I wanna play Bloodborne and Destiny and Uncharted and No Mans Sky when they come out. The last one will probably come to PC eventually but the rest.... just urrrrrrrgh.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Corevi

@face15: No Man's Sky will be on PC at the same time as PS4, it's the console debut that's on PS4.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By veektarius

Wait, that's a 'b'? I thought this game was called Bloodhorne. Also, I don't think this looks very good.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

This is like Dark Souls + DMC1

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When they said its like the Souls games i thought it would be a little different. This pretty much looks like another souls game, maybe some of the mechanics might be different but the game play looks the same.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

So, with blood everywhere like that, you gotta assume that it's important somehow.

Maybe, being covered in blood is like souls? Like some sort of buff? Heals you?

I'm not sure, but being covered in blood has to be important somehow.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14  Edited By theacidskull

Pretty sad that it's only on a PS4, I'd play this, looks fucking awesome.

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viciousbearmauling: Or the exact opposite; being covered in (bad) blood makes you more vulnerable or slower or something. So you hit an enemy and you have to dodge the blood that comes from your swings as well.

Or it's just a nice detail :)

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

That looks great! It's a shame they didn't show it. I was totally with Patrick in that I was dissapointed they didn't show off the actual game during the conference.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By TheHT

So they just gave my wanderer a shotgun. FUCKING AWESOME.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

That does look rad but it's no surprise they showed cg considering how the game runs in the trailer. I'm sure they will sort all that stuff out.... I hope. I'm looking at you blight town

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So maybe no lock-on no shields? Looks pretty cool regardless.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Graphicly it didnt look amazing so that could be why they went with CG instead but I definately preferred this trailer. But it only really sells to souls fans, anybody else might just look at this and think it was a pretty average hack & slash with a cool atomosphere.

HeyGuys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got chills man, that is how you do a game play trailer!

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if there will be any magic...

Fushichou187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boozak said:

Graphicly it didnt look amazing so that could be why they went with CG instead but I definately preferred this trailer. But it only really sells to souls fans, anybody else might just look at this and think it was a pretty average hack & slash with a cool atomosphere.

I think there are definitely some logical reasons why they decided not to show it; the frame rate here definitely looks rough in patches and while I personally think the fidelity shown here is the same if not better than the Dark Souls 2 pre-release footage, the more recent stuff shown at E3 showed a lot more polish. You also have to imagine that word of Bloodborne would've sucked all of the hype out of the room for DS2-- in part because of the fact that BB is where Miyazaki was concentrating his efforts-- and that could've easily impacted sales negatively.

I mean, this was almost shown to the public nearly two months before the PS4 launched. You think waiting till next Spring is bad now, think about if we had seen this in August of last year. I think after the initial excitement of "Souls on PS4!" died down it'd be replaced with "Welp, guess I'm waiting until 2015 to get a PS4" as some people recalibrated their expectations to reflect that 2014 will likely be a super lean year for AAA games, particularly first party.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

This trailer isn't really doing it for me. Then again, I loved Dark Souls 2 despite not caring for the trailers, so I'm sure I'll be jazzed for this nearer release.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By development

Things I noticed:

-Everyone's left arm is super long

-Hitting enemies (being hit?) will splatter streaks of blood onto the ground

-Your clothes get drenched in blood and might even deteriorate graphically over time (either that or the player was merely wearing different gear).

-Legitimate dual-wielding (the Dark Souls 2 kind... ish) at 00:25

-Turpentine grenades or something similar, effectively coating the enemy in oil so you can light them up with the torch.

-Game still has blocking, as can be seen at 00:31

-0:35 Jumping attack

-Yes, you have multiple weapons to chose from, not just that saw-axe, as can be seen at many points in the video

-You can hear the bell ringing and see every mob seemingly being pulled in a new direction, dog included, as Patrick was mentioning.

-A variation of the "curse" of this game might be lycanthropy. The normal "zombie" enemies seem to be the first stage, with their backs growing more hunched and more hair sprouting out as it progresses, as you can see at 00:49. We've seen screenshots of the fully transformed werewolves already.

-0:52 Player using a magical key. Player is never seen using combat magic themselves.

-1:02 Blood fucking everywhere. Pink blood, but blood.

-1:04 Magic being used by an enemy.

-1:05 Dumb dog AI confirmed.

-1:09 Fireball coming from the sky. Doesn't line up with street light. Might be a flying enemy.

-1:11 Creepy purple-Magic-using witch-thing spraying magic in an arc

-1:12 Dead babies. Miyazaki confirmed.

-1:14 Crown of a king or ruler lying on a ceremonial throne thing on the guy's skull

-1:16 Different kind of werewolf-thing. More demonic. Character using a polearm weapon and is completely covered in blood.

-1:29 Player changing their weapon's mode

Fushichou187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Fushichou187

When they said its like the Souls games i thought it would be a little different. This pretty much looks like another souls game, maybe some of the mechanics might be different but the game play looks the same.

Well right off the bat I think the inclusion of a shotgun ought to change things up. Also, FROM has been very persistent in saying that while Souls players will feel comfortable with some of the mechanics, that patiently waiting for an opening is only going to lead to you getting overwhelmed fast; action will be a lot more aggressive.

Case in point, the sacred backstep can now be used offensively:

No Caption Provided

Also, dual wielding with a shotgun on your back? I'm down.

Avatar image for klragrmndfvrarg
    klragrmndfvrarg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh I don't know guys, wielding heavy armor and rolling sword and board is literally the only way I play these games. Taking those out makes me way less interested in this now matter how much I love the franchise.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This doesn't look very good. I guess this video wasn't exactly meant to be released to the public, though.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sccdemir: That's the only way I play them too, which is why I think Bloodborne could potentially be a breath of fresh air.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sccdemir said:

Eh I don't know guys, wielding heavy armor and rolling sword and board is literally the only way I play these games. Taking those out makes me way less interested in this now matter how much I love the franchise.

I guess I didn't even really think about this. Now that I do, it's easy to see this as a glorification of the "fast roll" playstyle. It'll be interesting to see if this can rope in people like Vinny who just tank the Souls games. For people like me, though, this is just the natural extension of that playstyle. After all, once you learn how fast rolling works there really is no going back. Shields just take too much time and aren't always reliable, while invincibility frames are. Of course... that's assuming "I" frames are still a think in this game.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zombie2011 said:

Well right off the bat I think the inclusion of a shotgun ought to change things up. Also, FROM has been very persistent in saying that while Souls players will feel comfortable with some of the mechanics, that patiently waiting for an opening is only going to lead to you getting overwhelmed fast; action will be a lot more aggressive.

Case in point, the sacred backstep can now be used offensively:

No Caption Provided

Also, dual wielding with a shotgun on your back? I'm down.

I don't know why but i just thought it was going to be a different kind of game. Things are different, but at the same time it's still the same type of game. I thought it would be like Destiny, it's made by the Halo guys by it's definitely not Halo.

I'm not disappointed the game is like Souls games and it's still early and maybe it is a lot different, but with it being a new IP i thought it would be new. Also the first i heard of this game was during the press conference, so maybe it's been a known quantity and i just missed that stuff.

Fushichou187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know why but i just thought it was going to be a different kind of game. Things are different, but at the same time it's still the same type of game. I thought it would be like Destiny, it's made by the Halo guys by it's definitely not Halo.

I'm not disappointed the game is like Souls games and it's still early and maybe it is a lot different, but with it being a new IP i thought it would be new. Also the first i heard of this game was during the press conference, so maybe it's been a known quantity and i just missed that stuff.

Ultimately, this is a new IP and we really don't know much about it. Miyazaki is conscious of both the love there is for the Souls series, but also the need to make things feel fresh; simply making "Dark Souls in the Victorian Age" won't cut it. I bet there is a lot more to the combat, the way the AI interacts with one another and the player, the role that blood will play in the game-- keep in mind the premise that is being touted is that the reason why things are the way they are in the game is because of a blood-borne pathogen-- so you can speculate if it's a good thing or not that all these close-quarter attacks that are producing a lot of blood and splash in the trailer are going to be detrimental to the player, etc..

Miyazaki and his team have been working on it since DS1's Artorias DLC was released, so they've had quite a bit of time to craft a game that both retains particular elements found their previous efforts (Demon's Souls and Dark Souls) while taking things in a different direction, gameplay-wise.

I bet we'll see more in August during Gamescom and a ton more-- hopefully a brand new gameplay trailer-- in September during TGS, to answer our questions.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7530f19fbe4
    deactivated-5d7530f19fbe4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@development: I would keep in mind that the play style in this trailer isn't necessarily the only play style in the game.

GTCknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, with blood everywhere like that, you gotta assume that it's important somehow.

Maybe, being covered in blood is like souls? Like some sort of buff? Heals you?

I'm not sure, but being covered in blood has to be important somehow.

From what I have read on neogaf which had thread full of info from various sources. The blood is how you heal. Basically in order to heal you have to suck up the blood of enemies and some items, but if you suck up too much you will turn into a beast yourself; which will have some kind of negative effect on your control of the character and the only way (that we know of) to turn back into a human will be to drain/suck up human blood.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@development: I would keep in mind that the play style in this trailer isn't necessarily the only play style in the game.

Yup. Thought of that after I hit 'submit.'

From what I have read on neogaf which had thread full of info from various sources. The blood is how you heal. Basically in order to heal you have to suck up the blood of enemies and some items, but if you suck up too much you will turn into a beast yourself; which will have some kind of negative effect on your control of the character and the only way (that we know of) to turn back into a human will be to drain/suck up human blood.

Ohhh, I get it. For a sec I was confused, but the important distinction is that sucking up "demon" blood is bad, while "human" blood is good? Seems like a hard thing to balance without it becoming a horrible chore.

RawknRo11a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Yep, this will be the game to make me get a PS4. Not the only game, but the one I'm most excited about.

GTCknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By GTCknight

@development said:

@viciousanchovy said:

Yup. Thought of that after I hit 'submit.'

@gtcknight said:

Ohhh, I get it. For a sec I was confused, but the important distinction is that sucking up "demon" blood is bad, while "human" blood is good? Seems like a hard thing to balance without it becoming a horrible chore.

Keep in mind what very little we know of the lore right is that the city is afflicted by a blood based virus.

EDIT: just realized that might have come condescending which was NOT my intent. I just wanted to try and make as understandable as possible.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gtcknight: Yep. And if you scan my breakdown of the trailer above I mentioned a few times how much the blood seems to be in the game from purely an aesthetic perspective. Blood be everywhere. My only complaint is that it's too pinkish. I assume that's intentional, though.

Avatar image for klragrmndfvrarg
    klragrmndfvrarg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@development: I'm more in to the aesthetics of it rather than the efficiency of shields or lack thereof. Vinny will move on but that's literally the main reason why I play Souls as it weird as that sounds. Granted, if it ever comes out on the PC, which seems unlikely at this point, I will definitely buy it.

GTCknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@development: It wasn't meant for you, but for everyone who checks out the thread. there's been a good number of people wondering about the blood.

Dixego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely looks like it's gonna be faster paced.
    I like it.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

This game looks SOOOO GOOOOD. HYPE.

Can't wait.

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My god, how much starch did they add to his cloak?

Might wanna rework the cloak/cape physics there, Fromsoft.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a fan of the screen tearing going on there, and also the game looks like it's being rendered in 720P, even though everything looks much better. It's still real early though, so I bet they can hammer out that stuff later. Can't freaking wait.

GTCknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liquidprince: From what I understand this trailer is from last year.

The issues you stated are most likely one of the reasons why they didn't show it before.

Fushichou187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Fushichou187

Not a fan of the screen tearing going on there, and also the game looks like it's being rendered in 720P, even though everything looks much better. It's still real early though, so I bet they can hammer out that stuff later. Can't freaking wait.

Actually, now is later. I really just said that. -_- One of the nice things about this year old trailer is that we can compare it to some of the other gameplay vids that have leaked this week and get a glimpse of improvements they've made with re: to certain animations, frame rate, etc..

If nothing else leaks out, it's going to be a long wait until they potentially show some more gameplay at Gamescom in August or, almost definitely, at TGS in September.

BatmanBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By BatmanBatman

Even though this still has a lot of that, Soul games "feel" to it; it is really cool that being a new IP, this give them the chance to try new things with the combat, while keeping the great atmosphere and tight level design they are known for. At least this is what I expect from the game anyway. Hype indeed...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.