Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

Bloodborne Pushed Back Until Late March

patrickklepek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By patrickklepek
    No Caption Provided

For a moment, things were perfect. My birthday is on February 7, and Bloodborne was scheduled for February 5. I'd spend my 30th birthday dying over and over in a game. Sadly, it's not to be, as Bloodborne's now moving back to March 24.

"While development continues unabated, we would like our team to deliver the best possible final experience," said producer Masaaki Yamagiwa on the PlayStation Blog. We were gratified by the feedback and data we received from those who participated in our limited Alpha test. The extra production time will also allow us to better integrate these learnings."

Yamagiwa did tease some "exciting" Bloodborne news in early December. We still don't know much about how Bloodborne's handling multiplayer, so perhaps details are coming soon on that front.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By EXTomar

Meh, pushing back a month isn't a big deal and maybe even be an advantage hitting the sweet spring period. I would be way more concerned if they pushed it back several months.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

More reason for people to buy Lords of the Fallen! I might have a job in March, but presumably the Witcher 3 will take longer than a couple of weeks to go through. My sister's Birthday is February 5th.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, another month before I have to invest in a PS4

bmccann42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am always fine with games getting delayed if it has an effect on overall quality and stability. Game being pushed to make a date, versus when it is actually completed, is something that needs to go away, although I fully understand that games can't just suck up unlimited time and resources, but release the game when it is done, not when some arbitrary date comes around.

Annualized games I am looking at you!

Lausebub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm actually glad they're taking their time, but I suspect that it will come out around the same time as FF Type-0. Now I'M gonna need time. Anyone know of a wormhole that leads to a planet with time dilation akin to the Hyperbolic Time Chamber from Dragon Ball?

Darlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bloodborne is one of my most anticipated games, but this is just as well; I don't know how on earth I could have gotten to Witcher III and Bloodborne in the same month.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No problem with this at all. It hasn't been that long since DSII and I wouldn't want them to speed up Souls games releases. Take your time and make good games, From Software (I'm looking at you as well, Bamco). You don't want the Ubisoft/Activision franchise release schedules.

Andheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Andheez

@belegorm: HA! Thats exactly what I said, maybe the price will drop or bundle before then, so good news everyone!

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
    Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Will give me time to play The Witcher 3 because holy shit I guess this game's gonna be long.

TWISTEDH34T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm kinda sad. This game is one of the reasons I want to get a PS4.. Guess I'll wait a little longer with buying it then.

DevourerOfTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 65

Any game that gets delayed that isn't a competitive fighting game I basically rejoice nowadays. I need more time to dive into that backlog.

MannyMAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MannyMAR

Bloodborne a day after my birthday, I'm down for that. I just hope, MGS V is a April release to ease any wallet pains.

flakmunkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrickklepek awe, but now it's not coming out the day before my birthday. Yours too if I'm not mistaken.

lolandorder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

More time to save up for that PS4!

GordonDaniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Patrick still hasn't played Demon's Souls? He should really get on that.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My birthday is Feb 24th, so I was also looking forward to the good times. I think a bunch of people (myself included) just pushed their PS4 purchase to March.

Fushichou187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was between The Witcher 3 and Bloodborne for me as to what I'd buy at launch, but now I don't have to choose since they're a month apart now.

Also, this was likely going to happen to Bloodborne since both it and The Order were slated for February. Even though Bloodborne is easily the more anticipated title for many, they're both still PS exclusives that Sony was going to need to find a way to successfully market without cannibalizing each other's sales; and since The Order had already been delayed once, it seemed more likely that Bloodborne would be the one getting bumped.

Late March is also nice in that BB's initial sales will cross over into the next FY for From and Sony.

cthomer5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cthomer5000

@belegorm said:

Yes, another month before I have to invest in a PS4

My thoughts exactly... I'm one of the few people who may view this as a positive.

doe3879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was surprised to hear it coming that soon after the anousment. More time to consider getting a ps4 or not.

ninjalegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's cool. I will be a busy duder playing Assassin's Creed and maybe working my way through far Cry 4. I also am now interested in Dragon Age as it looks like a good game once again after 2 was kind of bad. Then there are the 2 re-released games I must have with GTAV PS4 and Valkyria Chronicles for the PC. Smash Bros after that and I have yet to buy Bayonetta 2.That is just this year. The Witcher 3 will need at least 2-3 weeks to itself. This will fill in the gaps nicely before the summer games come out.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Too many games to play through at this point anyways, I could use the extra time. Shit I probably won't even get it come March as I'll be busy witchin, but some time after that no doubt.

dr_monocle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mannymar: Me too! Happy Birthday, us.

As long as this runs nice and smooth when it comes out I don't care about a little delay (despite this year being kinda infamous for that). Plus, like others are saying, I've got a lot on my plate game-wise.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

BREAKING NEWS: 2014 has been pushed back to 2015.

What's next?

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By coaxmetal

this is great news, it will give me time to play the witcher 3. There are too many games in feb.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Will give @patrickklepek a nice break in between that and Demon's Souls when he plays that this winter! :p

Basm321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I for one am glad. This means I won't have to choose between either 3 and bloodborne

baconbutty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DG187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let me tell you what else happens in March, I will borne the blood out of some mothafuckas if I don't win that green card lottery.

divergence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that's all well and fine for me. I recently been playing Dark Souls 2 again, will be my second playthrough and I'm nearing the end. Once I'm finished I'll be tackling all three DLC packs. So that should keep me plenty busy until Bloodborne arrives.

Stimpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It might be fine with everyone else, but I think it's pretty shitty news! As someone who has owned a PS4 since February, I'm waiting with bated breath over here.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#34  Edited By Brendan

Don't matter to me. I'll have plenty of time to catch up on all the next gen titles (and hitherto unexperienced HD rereleases) I've missed. Still looking forward to it!

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A month isn't long enough for Demon's Souls.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#37  Edited By crithon

at this point in game development the word "delay" is the best news to read. Time to polish it up

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mes0 said:

I don't really care that it's your birthday when the game was supposed to release. I just want to know when it's pushed.

Did you register just to post that sweetheart of a comment? Now you know when the game's coming out, and you can send Patrick a nice b-day gift, too! I call that a win all around.

Benmo316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what has been said about Bloodborne and it not running that well I'm fine with waiting another 7 weeks. And with The Order 1886 coming out on Feb 20 (I believe) that gives both Sony games time apart so people have a better chance to play both.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have they shown anything other than that transylvanian town environment? Just hope the rest of the game looks more or less as fabulous.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This will give me time to start demolishing my huge console game backlog so i'm glad this got pushed back.

killer2m8o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From has already released enough games that are just awesome enough to make their janky underbellies really disappointing. I don't need another almost from them, they should take their time.

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

#45  Edited By MormonWarrior

In other news, my plans to get a PS4 have moved to around March sometime. Guess I'll use tax return money!

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

r.e. Demon Souls, go for it Patrick! Make it a site feature - Loads of us would be up for watching a playthrough.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#47  Edited By hermes

Damn...

On the other hand, more time for me to save money for a PS4... wuu huuu

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.