Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

Bloodborne Teaser and Full gameplay trailer today!

• 59 results
    snakeitachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

http://instagram.com/p/rkZEn9FZDW/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GUz2AmQ3Ro&feature=youtu.be Go to the 4 Min Mark. Hopefully we get some footage from the show floor since it's playable there.

Is you're body ready?

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Loading Video...

I... I need to get a PS4 now. This looks like the Souls game I've been waiting for since Dark Souls.

Avatar image for chumley_marchbanks
    chumley_marchbanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Since this is coming out within the next six months it looks like I'll be getting a PS4 sooner than anticipated.

obcdexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Since this is coming out within the next six months it looks like I'll be getting a PS4 sooner than anticipated.

Me too!

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is it known if it will be a exclusive all the way or if it's coming at least to PC at some point?

Jazz_Bcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jazz_Bcaz

@onarum: It'll be like Demon's Souls. Exclusive all the way baby. Oh my word it's 'bite the back of your hand' gorgeous.

Cubidog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Oh my god I really want to play this! The hype is real!

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well, guess I'll have to get a ps4 after all...

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Oh man, that looks so good. So good. My body is ready.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That lady at the end totally sounds like the Maiden in Black.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, lovely. The scythe weapon looks pretty rad.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I am insanely excited for this. I think the last time I was this fucking hype about a game was like Portal 2.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like the look of the world. Kinda so much that I'd probably also like to explore it in peace, but I'm also down for causing havoc whilst doing so.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht said:

I... I need to get a PS4 now. This looks like the Souls game I've been waiting for since Dark Souls.

More like since Demon's Souls. Bloodborne screams Tower of Latria and that is pretty much perfect.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Hmm... ya I may have to get a PS4 if it's exclusive to that.

This is a system seller for me.

Avatar image for stevetheradroach
    StevetheRadroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im not really into any of this character design but those wolf spiders. It's looks really just like basic fantasy/steampunk monsters fought buy a guy in a weird steampunk cloak.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This is going to be great.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Exclusive...PS4 Exclusive...

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht said:

More like since Demon's Souls. Bloodborne screams Tower of Latria and that is pretty much perfect.

Thank you Panda. I have to kick a baby every time I here someone say "Looks like Dark Souls finally gets a real sequel!". Most of the so called "souls" fans still haven't played the real, and much more difficult in the right ways, original Demon's Souls.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And the general air of superiority in souls game fans continues to rub me the wrong way. Game looks legitimately good divorced from that, though!

Jazz_Bcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad that I have a PS4.

DFL017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onarum said:

well, guess I'll have to get a ps4 after all...

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Welp, that looks pretty great!

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkarov said:
    @gunslingerpanda said:

@theht said:

Thank you Panda. I have to kick a baby every time I here someone say "Looks like Dark Souls finally gets a real sequel!". Most of the so called "souls" fans still haven't played the real, and much more difficult in the right ways, original Demon's Souls.

Dark Souls was different, but in a lot of ways was a solid successor to Demon's Souls. I still prefer Demon's Souls, but I definitely wouldn't throw Dark Souls 1 under the bus.

Dark Souls 2 was shit though.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#26 riostarwind  Moderator

I sorta fell off the souls train after Demon Souls but this looks like it'll pull me back in via style alone. I really enjoy the look of the world in Bloodborne.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By bushpusherr

I love all the Souls games. Super excited for this. Really dig the style of what they are showing so far, I just hope it isn't totally singular. The variety of environments really stood out to me in the previous games. Hopefully they can do it again with a consistent level of quality!

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@karkarov said:
    @gunslingerpanda said:

@theht said:

You Demon's Souls elitists make me smile, I liked that game a lot but you'd have to be in complete denile if you cant acknowledge all the things Dark Souls did bettter. There's a reason the series took off with Dark Souls and it's not that it went to PC & 360. (okay that had something to do with it)

Anyway, Bloodborne looks great. And the emphasis on dodging rather than turtling makes me excited.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

That cleaver sword of his looks pretty bad ass.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Looks very Castlevania inspired imo, hopefully it has better game mechanics than Dark Souls, I can't play those games to save my life.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Sterling

How cool would it be if they released an HD version/up-port of Demon's Souls on the disc with this.

Jazz_Bcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Jazz_Bcaz
    No Caption Provided

That matted fur seems to be a recurring aesthetic theme alongside the beast aspects. It's so well done, it looks amazing. You can almost smell it from here.

And here's some more gameplay folks. 16:46

Loading Video...

Such a goddamn tease.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That matted fur seems to be a recurring aesthetic theme alongside the beast aspects. It's so well done, it looks amazing. You can almost smell it from here.

Whenever I see a huge dude with matted fur I just want to climb up them and stab their sigil.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boozak said:

You Demon's Souls elitists make me smile, I liked that game a lot but you'd have to be in complete denile if you cant acknowledge all the things Dark Souls did bettter. There's a reason the series took off with Dark Souls and it's not that it went to PC & 360. (okay that had something to do with it)

Anyway, Bloodborne looks great. And the emphasis on dodging rather than turtling makes me excited.

Never said it didn't do some things better. But it isn't the "first" souls game and it did not "start the souls games off". Not everything it did was an improvement either, Demon's Souls is still the easiest of all of them to co op in or do proper organized pvp. Most of the reason Dark Souls 1 took off was advertising hype and games media suddenly deciding to care. Giant Bomb itself wouldn't even cover Demon's Souls and never even did a quick look until well after it had been released. Dark Souls? Premium content was out for it on practically day one and at least two of the staffers made extensive posts and videos about it. Wonder why so many Giant Bomb users didn't care until Dark Souls????

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

My hype level is out of control! I need more Bloodborne!

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@karkarov: I dont think you know how quotation marks work.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

After the disappointment of Dark Souls 2, I'm ready to love again.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@karkarov: I'm sorry I wasn't going to comment on your Souls elitism, as you can believe what you want, but parts of your second response are untrue. I can't let that slide.

Giant Bomb itself wouldn't even cover Demon's Souls

Vinny did like it- despite itself. He didn't understand the game very much, though. He talked about it several times on the Bombcast at the time. That was all the coverage they wanted to do as only Vinny cared about it. He even briefly mentioned it during GOTY coverage that year (he didn't want to fight for it, being that he didn't feel he even understood the game well, still, at the time).

and never even did a quick look until well after it had been released.

This is 100% untrue. Vinny completed the game before it was released. Giantbomb did a quick look of Demon's Souls before it was released (helmed by Vinny- video was released on the site Oct 10th 2009, the day after it came out). Vinny has referenced this multiple times indicating this is why he mostly didn't understand the game very well at the time (He says the original quick look is even difficult for himself to watch now- now that he knows what he knows now).

You're opinions of the game are fine, it's your right and all, but I just needed to correct some things you said that are untrue.

Have a nice evening.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@karkarov said:

@boozak said:

Never said it didn't do some things better. But it isn't the "first" souls game and it did not "start the souls games off". Not everything it did was an improvement either, Demon's Souls is still the easiest of all of them to co op in or do proper organized pvp. Most of the reason Dark Souls 1 took off was advertising hype and games media suddenly deciding to care. Giant Bomb itself wouldn't even cover Demon's Souls and never even did a quick look until well after it had been released. Dark Souls? Premium content was out for it on practically day one and at least two of the staffers made extensive posts and videos about it. Wonder why so many Giant Bomb users didn't care until Dark Souls????

Demon's Souls Force assemble! Going multiplatform was absolutely the reason why that series blew up that hard - that and the YouTube boom that blossomed since the release of Demon's. Dark Souls did a few things right, but it also did a-many things wrong. Dark Souls 2 actually did a lot of things to get the game back on track by returning to the roots, but it wasn't a lack of quality that held it back but series attrition.

Bloodborne looks interesting but I hope it's significantly different than their Souls games because personally I've had my fill after 3 very similar games.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jazz_bcaz: Pretty sure I recognise that ladder climbing sound effect.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

I dunno what it was about Demon's Souls, but I could only stand a few hours before I shut it off forever. Dark Souls, on the other hand, kept me engaged right up till the end of the game.

It's kinda concerning hearing from - experts? veterans? - that this new title more closely resembles the former rather than the latter

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I need around six months to beat Demon, Dark and Dark Souls II. Good thing from the footage so far is that the dude doesn't roll with a shield. Implying that, like they've been saying, they do want you to be the aggressor, rather than waiting for an attack to finish and then hitting them on the counter.

And what a lovely handbag.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By TheHT

@karkarov said:

But it isn't the "first" souls game and it did not "start the souls games off".

It's "took off" as in got popular, not "took off" as in got started.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh, call me when they announce The Adventures of Cookie & Cream II.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dunno what it was about Demon's Souls, but I could only stand a few hours before I shut it off forever. Dark Souls, on the other hand, kept me engaged right up till the end of the game.

It's kinda concerning hearing from - experts? veterans? - that this new title more closely resembles the former rather than the latter

Which one did you play first?

Saying that the game is more like Demon's doesn't mean that they forgot all of the lessons they learned in Dark Souls. It's just a shorthand way of describing things.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Karkarov

@cornbredx said:

@karkarov: I'm sorry I wasn't going to comment on your Souls elitism, as you can believe what you want, but parts of your second response are untrue. I can't let that slide.

Giant Bomb itself wouldn't even cover Demon's Souls

You're opinions of the game are fine, it's your right and all, but I just needed to correct some things you said that are untrue.

Have a nice evening.

Really cause I remember tons of bitching that it wasn't getting coverage, got snubbed completely in all GOTY discussion, and I distinctly remember having already beaten the game before I saw a quick look for it. I don't really care either way because my point still stands and it is the Dark Souls fanboi who don't acknowledge the real first game in the series. It goes way deeper than that either way since Demon's Souls was in fact made to be a modern take on King's Field, and the odds of any Dark Souls player even knowing what the hell King's Field is well... let's just say it isn't very high.

@theht said:

It's "took off" as in got popular, not "took off" as in got started.

I do find it sort of ironic that a site that has so much Persona fandom due to the Endurance Run also generates comments like this. Yeah I guess Demon's Souls sold like crap compared to Dark Souls. It was still the highest selling game of all time released by Atlus though. Yes, even more than Persona 4 and the fighting games based on Persona. Also I have to be honest, if it hadn't been so successful Namco Bandai would not have touched it. Dark Souls only got made because Atlus took a risk and proved how profitable Demon's Souls could be.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Devil240Z

Are people actually excited for this game. IT looks really lame to me and if it plays like demons souls then its gonna be even worse than it looks.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

This might be a system seller for me thought I was already sold on the PS4 before this.

coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't played dark souls 2 at all but i think i might just skip it and play this game first.

Really excited to have a new game to play on my ps4

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For some reason it isn't hyping me as much as you guys, but I'm still plenty hyped. That gameplay teaser has everyone's favorite footstep and ladder-climbing sounds, too. To be honest, though, I hope they change that. One of my least-liked things about the Souls series is the way they re-use sound samples, sometimes trying to mask it by upping or lowering the tempo. Maybe it's intentional, for fan-service or something, but I still prefer fresh sounds. Some of them are actually leftovers from the King's Field series.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.