Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

Co-op: is anyone still playing?

DoubleKR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I never actually finished this game, thought I'd finish it before DS3.

The real question is anyone still playing?

I'll be using the GB community password "vinnco"

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've seen some people on Twitter still playing. I'm personally taking a spin through DS2SotFS

Avatar image for militantfreudian
    militantfreudian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I doubt you'll have much success summoning or being summoned into someone's game using the GB community password. That has been my experience in the months after the game's release. Anyway, I came back to the game in the past couple of weeks, and it seems like there's a decent number of people still playing it, it didn't take long for me to invade, be invaded or be summoned to help someone with any particular boss.

Avatar image for deactivated-582d227526464
    deactivated-582d227526464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

People are playing, but probably not with the GB password sadly.

Napstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been trying to finish the Chalice Dungeons before DSIII but I don't think I will. Farming ritual materials so I can go to higher dungeons is becoming a slog, and I'm done fighting the same enemies and bosses and such.

Might still go through the campaign with a new game + character, probably not balanced to get summoned for co-op.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The password system really only works if you're trying to match with someone in particular and you know that they're in the same area as you and close enough to your level.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

close enough to your level.

Im pretty sure they patched it so that passwords can summon whoever you like. I know for one tough fight early on in my first play my lvl20/30 dude summoned my friends NG++ character since he was logged in already.

JasonMasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have recently returned to Bloodborne after stepping away for a few months (terrible idea). I have seen plenty of phantoms running around. Though maybe they are just the same few over and over. I haven't tried to summon, or be summoned by anyone, so I can't speak to that.

I wish I could sit down and put a bunch of time into it but work and all my friends playing WoW put it low on the list.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By rorie

I'm still working my way through it, but I haven't ever co-oped anything in it, alas.

AngryHobo321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I seemed to have a harder time finding players in Bloodborne even when the game was newly released. I don't know how they segregated the matchmaking based on levels, but I always seemed to match with the same few people throughout my entire playthrough. My guess would be that since the game has a lower replay value (in my opinion) than other From Software games you're going to have a harder time finding people in your level range that are still active online.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

I got some help for the first time ever the other night against Martyr Longarius (?). Was really useful. Then I got invaded in the Nightmare of Mensis, which kinda sucked - so it balances out. I don't know what the vanilla game is like, I bought the version of the game that had the Old Hunters DLC included. Outside of most boss fights is a little area to call in an Old Hunter for help and that has been pretty useful.

mattschwabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started a new character this weekend and have been playing co op pretty much the entire game. This is public, not using the GB password.

It seems pretty obvious they cleaned up whatever processes they use for matchmaking quite a bit. I am finding more matches, faster, compared to back around when the game was released.

So I would recommend if you wanna play co op don't use the GB password. Lots of people still playing.

JasonMasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I recently leaned about all of the "password" business and gave it a try. I couldn't find anyone. When I turned the password off and went global, and I had no issues getting people. I would rather play with the giant bomb community.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I recently leaned about all of the "password" business and gave it a try. I couldn't find anyone. When I turned the password off and went global, and I had no issues getting people. I would rather play with the giant bomb community.

They are all busy playing Dark Souls 3.

JasonMasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mordukai said:
    @jasonmasters said:

Point taken.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@mordukai said:
    @jasonmasters said:

Point taken.

I'll coop with you if you want. Much rather play BB then dark souls 3 tbh.

JasonMasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mordukai: Right on. Can you connect through the PS4 friends list or it is a crap shoot?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.