DLC came out, thoughts?

• 110 results
#101 Edited by betterley (220 posts) -

@asilentprotagonist: I felt the same way about Maria's weapon. I went into the DLC pretty blind and when I saw her using the Rakuyo I was stoked, especially since I built my character around Bloodtinge. I got the weapon and realized it has DEX scaling, not BLD... MEH!

I LOVE the DLC though, it's the best part of Bloodborne in my opinion.

#102 Posted by golguin (5469 posts) -
Loading Video...

I felt there was so much stuff in the DLC in regards to the lore and how it connects back to the main game, but after watching the latest video from vaati I can see there were so many things that I missed that seemed obvious.

Example? The Fishing Hamlet sits directly above the Hunter's Nightmare, which is why that snail thing falls from the sky and how all the brain dudes keep hearing the water above them. You can also see the Hunter's Nightmare if you look into the water. Another obvious thing in retrospect is that the spear weapons wielded by the fish people in the Fishing Hamlet are the same spears carried by the statues on the way to the Vicar Amelia fight.

#103 Edited by Honkalot (1038 posts) -

I'm getting close to finishing up the DLC and then I just have the end game left. I was wondering: If I were thinking about collecting all the trophies I need to see all the endings.

The description for one of them says "defeat Gehrman without ever having consumed three thirds umbilical cord". Do they literally mean "without ever" or is that flavor text? I am wondering if I need to do the endings 1-2-3 in order for the trophies to be available. The description for that one seems to say you can't ever unlock that trophy if you do the third ending in your first playthrough.

#104 Edited by golguin (5469 posts) -

@honkalot said:

I'm getting close to finishing up the DLC and then I just have the end game left. I was wondering: If I were thinking about collecting all the trophies I need to see all the endings.

The description for one of them says "defeat Gehrman without ever having consumed three thirds umbilical cord". Do they literally mean "without ever" or is that flavor text? I am wondering if I need to do the endings 1-2-3 in order for the trophies to be available. The description for that one seems to say you can't ever unlock that trophy if you do the third ending in your first playthrough.

There is a way to get all 3 endings in a single playthrough with the help of a USB stick and your save file. Save your game to the USB stick before you fight the final boss. You'll know it's the final boss because a very obvious change will occur.

The first ending you'd probably want to get is the "Submit" ending. Get the ending and pop the trophy. Now use the save file from your USB stick to go back to before the boss fight starts.

The 2nd ending is the "Refuse" ending. Do the thing, pop the trophy, and reload that save file on your USB stick.

The final ending requires that you consume three umbilical cords (there are 4 total in the game) before you fight the final boss. Consume 3 umbilical cords, "Refuse", and then see what happens to get the final ending.

#105 Posted by Honkalot (1038 posts) -

@golguin: Smart!! Great tip, thank you so much!

Also I need to say somewhere that getting the rakuyo is the single most fucked thing in this entire game.

#106 Posted by csl316 (14946 posts) -

Got to the last boss and really enjoyed it. This DLC really had its own unique vibe from the main game. Very well done. Now I'm curious to check out some of the past add ons they've done.

#107 Posted by Fredchuckdave (10824 posts) -
#108 Posted by golguin (5469 posts) -

@honkalot said:

@golguin: Smart!! Great tip, thank you so much!

Also I need to say somewhere that getting the rakuyo is the single most fucked thing in this entire game.

Just make sure the save on the USB stick is only being used to overwrite the save on the PS4 and then pull it out. You don't want to accidentally keep the USB stick in the PS4 as you get an ending and save over it.

#109 Edited by Honkalot (1038 posts) -

@golguin: Pro tip! I'm at that point now and copying the data for the initial backup. Something's weird with their firmware, it'st looking like it'll take an hour to transfer 32mb... It got about halfway and slowed to a crawl, I'll leave it on for a while and try again if it fails.

@fredchuckdave Haha no shame in that method, I'll try that out! :P

Edit: Couldn't lure them over... But I was finally able to do it with a good run and the shaman bone blade.

Now I am running the final boss, and am keeping up with my method of getting them down to 1/3 without use of vials only to then be stunlocked to death over and over. :P

#110 Posted by Fredchuckdave (10824 posts) -

Simon's Bowblade seems pretty good:

Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.