Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

Favorite DLC Weapon?

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By mordukai

I really dig the Rakuyo. Great move set and really good reach (could have slightly better reach then the Reiter but I could be wrong @fredchuckdave)

Transform form turns it into a really good Sword/Knife combo without sacrificing a lot of the reach it has. I really like that even While Blade of Mercy still beats the Rakuyo as far as dual handed weapon, Blade of Mercy has a very small reach which can leaves you open.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@mordukai: Rakuyo does better for smaller mobs and possibly PvP, but Reiter's transformed R1 string is the all around king.

As generic as it sounds I actually like the Holy Moonlight Blade the best so far, though the Amygdalan Arm is impressive and the Boom Hammer is probably the most technical weapon in the game which is cool for brain activity purposes.

SomeguyJohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SomeguyJohnson

Holy Moonlight Blade, no question, because of the non-trick moveset.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave: A lot seem to favor Holy Moonlight Sword. Perhaps it's because most players use Ludwig's Holy Blade which, to me, is pretty much a "poor man's" version of the former.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The Moonlight Greatsword. It has a great move set and it is fast. I also really like the Whirligig Saw, it's just a fun weapon to use.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

As someone who liked using greatswords in Dark Souls, the moonlight sword has a really fun move set. If I had a character who could use it, the Bowblade also seems like a lot of fun.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mordukai: Well the weapon is at least moderately interesting, unlike the Holy Blade.

Avatar image for militantfreudian
    militantfreudian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By militantfreudian

From the weapons you find in the first area, I think the Beasthunter Saif is probably my favorite. In its shortened form, it has quite a few gap-closing lunging attacks and it's pretty quick. The transformation attacks are some of the more useful ones too. The weapon's biggest drawback, in my opinion, is the R1 attacks when it's in the long form.

Milijango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

I'm seconding the Rakuyo. The Bloodletter, Holy Moonlight Sword, and Amygdalan Arm all seem great but I need to give them some more time.

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
    ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Simon's Bowblade. So OP, and fun to use. It's made the bosses in vanilla pretty trivial. Double S scaling too,

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one has said the saw yet? It's a fucking saw!

And the L2 move just lets you grind on the enemy

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Whirlygig Saw is the best weapon in the entire game and one of the coolest melee weapons I've seen in a game, love that weapon

Naive_Appeaser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the pizza cutter purely because of how ridiculously broken it is. I'm currently on NG+3 and bosses just drop in seconds.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crayzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whirligig saw but then again, that's the only DLC weapon I heavily use in DLC. Still prefer my Hunter Axe overall.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.