Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

Get Bloodborne or Dark Souls II (PS4)?

r3beld0gg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By r3beld0gg

I've never played a Souls game. I was not really too interested in playing them for a long time due to what I had heard about the difficulty. As I've gotten older, I've started playing games on lower difficulties a lot of the time and just finding I don't have patience for banging my head against stupidly hard sections any more.

That said, I decided last gen I wanted to get in on Dark Souls after hearing enough people talk about the games and seeing stuff on GB. Never got around to it, but I did enjoy Lords of the Fallen on PS4, which was supposed to be pretty similar.

Now that Bloodborne is out, I'm considering it again. DSII comes out soon on PS4, though, as well. I think the faster paced Bloodborne looks more fun, but for people who have played both games, which do you think is the better choice to start with?

I'm not in a rush to buy anything now. There's not a ton coming out that I need and I have a crazy backlog. Going to be a couple of weeks at least before I'd consider buying Bloodborne anyway.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Bloodborne. It's a new IP so might as well start there rather than play the inferior Souls game.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

DSII is worse than DS. Apparently Bloodborne is fantastic. Haven't played it yet, but it seems the right choice.

mach_go_go_go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't get DS2 if you haven't played DS.

Also, play DS.

CreepingDeath0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say Bloodborne. There's nothing quite like playing one of these games at launch, when everyone is discovering things at the same time.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

@creepingdeath0: this. Pick DS2 up later, still a great game but since Bloodborne is fresh this is the optimal time to play one of these games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.