Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

I need Orphan of Kos Help ASAP

oneangryzeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Tried 100 times probably. If anyone can come help, I'd be greatly appreciative!

TheRizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Finally beat him solo after about 2 solid weeks of trying at least 2hrs a day. Don't give up skeleton!

I would offer to help you but I deleted the game afterwards :(

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

It's been a while, but rest assured—if you're good enough to reach the Orphan, you're good enough to beat the Orphan. Don't despair.

I don't recall specific details about the fight as well as I'd like, but always remember the fundamentals of Bloodborne:

• Dodging into your enemies' attacks is often more beneficial than dodging away.
    • With humanoid enemies, the Orphan included, parries are tremendously effective. Try to fire your gun during the downswing.
    • Be sure to use your best weapon AND your best gems.
    • Don't be afraid to use Bolt/Fire Paper to boost your damage.

I finally beat the Orphan after slamming my head against it for two days straight. It was not easy and there were several attacks I still hadn't figured out. Fight in the water for the most space.

There's no shame in using a guide to break down boss attacks. This is a good step-by-step account to help you learn what the Orphan has in its arsenal.

blackichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It took me over 30 tries, but I finally beat him labbing a bit. I took several runs just finding out which of his moves were parryable and which of his moves left him wide open to be punished. I'm not sure which weapon you're using but I've beaten him with the whirligig saw, the bowblade, and the hunters axe. I found a hunter's axe to be slightly easier, because it can be buffed with paper and it's two handed Power Attack puts him on his ass if you can charge it up. He still is massive dick, but don't give up.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I fought him about five to ten times, then was like '... I'm just going to go finish the game now.' So, unfortunately, he is one of the two bosses from Soulsborne games I never beat. The other being Nameless King from DS3. I can do it, I just need time and motivation. Not sure when or if I'll fight Orphan of Kos again since I'd have to get all the way through Bloodborne again, but I didn't start a new game on DS3 so I can keep trying Nameless King. I've reinstalled both games relatively recently and played them for a while, but they're not my main games right now.

tfarcevol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used several guides but the best tip I found was using any rune that steals health on visceral attacks. Kos seems glitched and even the weakest rune will give you a massive healing surge. I believe I had the weakest of those and two increase visceral damage runes with an increase stamina in the special rune slot. Sorry but I cannot remember any names at the moment. He is fairly easy to counter in the first phase and his second is mostly comprised of 3 or four moves only. They are fast and miserable though. I fought him about twenty or thirty times before I beat him and I never an to fight him again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.