Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

I've bought Bloodborne (without the dlc)

• 74 results
    Richardqx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Can't wait to play this, tomorow. Hope it's realy such a great game. R there any fps drops? Does it matters that i've bought the basic edition without the DLC Hunters? And can anybody tell me what size is the update? I got just a little space. Only 120 gb and i am gonna download MGSV today, as it's free 4 ps+ members.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
    Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Redhotchilimist

I think all of the DLC stuff is extra hard endgame content, so I'd just buy it near the end of the game if you would like a little more. It's good stuff.

PS Bloodborne is really freaking great

Indigomaterie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you have a Pro there are less frame drops, but overall there are generally only minor ones that didn't bother me.
    No worries, it doesn't feel like blighttown. ;)

Regarding the Size, the game currently occupies 36.65 GB of Storage on my PS4, if this helps.

As mentioned before, the DLC is hard AF but you get the whole "Story" without it.
    See it as the Bloodborne Directors Cut if you can't get enough after three endings and all Chalice Dungeons.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hayt

The framerate isnt bad for a Souls game but its pretty bad. There's no Blighttown equivalent though. Certain spell effects killed FPS at times. The DLC houses the toughests fights in the game and (I dont mean to sound like a wanker here) some of the only really challenging fights I had in my non NG+ run. I'd recommend getting the DLC if you get far enough in that you can tell you really like the game.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You don't need to download PS+ games. You can add them to the library and download them whenever you feel like it.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

If you do plan on getting the DLC down the road don't wait too long before getting to it. All those areas and bosses scale with your level and at some point they outscale you in a really dumb way that they should have accounted for but didn't.

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By odinsmana

@humanity said:

If you do plan on getting the DLC down the road don't wait too long before getting to it. All those areas and bosses scale with your level and at some point they outscale you in a really dumb way that they should have accounted for but didn't.

Isn`t that only a NG+ problem. I think I remember the best time to do the DLC being right before the final boss on a non-NG+ playthrough.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Frame rate isn't the problem, it's frame pacing. If you were able to enjoy any of the previous souls games on consoles, you'll be fine. It's, personally, my favorite of the "series".

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, they only scale when you advance to NG+ and beyond. Chalice dungeons do not scale so you can roll through them whenever.

blackichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man I'm definitely jealous you get to play this for the first time. I definitely feel Bloodborne as the best of of these games. And you definitely should get the DLC at some point even if it's just for the weapons alone. Nearly all of them are amazing.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't remember any frame drops, but the framerate looks really bad even though it's supposedly locked at 30. It's perfectly playable though, i never beat the main game or played the dlc so i can't comment on that.

kblosnack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kblosnack

You should buy the DLC, it's really amazing content

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@odinsmana: it is but this is a game where you might get wrapped up in doing a NG+ run and thinking you can just go over to the DLC stuff later and you really can't - it has to be on the first playthrough unless you want to make it needlessly difficult to the point where there is zero room for errors.

echasketchers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@humanity: this is exactly what happened to me when the DLC first came out. I went in with my original character who was in NG+ and got creamed. Ended up starting a new character and playing the DLC with that one, it was a much smoother experience. Old Hunters is amazing though and should not be missed.

Bloodborne is probably my favorite game of the generation so far. It always warms my heart to see more people getting into it for the first time. Enjoy, sir.

Rastopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Rastopher

Oh man. Bloodbourne was so good. It's the only game I've ever gotten platinum on. I would recommend grabbing the DLC and tackling that before you do the final boss. Like @humanity and @drachmalius already mentioned, the DLC is merciless if you try to make NG+ your first experience of it. I did too and hoooo boy, it was rough. They fully expect you to know what you're doing by then.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was in NG+ or ++ before I got the DLC and it murdered me. I've still yet to finish it.

Richardqx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So i've played it 4 the 1st time. In 3 hours maybe, i've died like 20 times. But it is not a bad game. I like it.

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The DLC is required if you want to know more about the lore and the weapons you get in the DLC are really good.

Richardqx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So i have to say, ive never played such a bad game. Any tips for the game?

Milijango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@richardqx: I might be able to drop some knowledge if I knew what was giving you trouble ("everything" is an acceptable answer).

Bloodborne is awesome, and you'll pick up a lot of it naturally over time but I know a lot of people never get far enough for that to happen.

Richardqx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Richardqx

Yeah, just about everything in the game makes me angry :) 30 dies in 3 hours? Wtf? I can't save it? Wtf?

Milijango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richardqx: The game is always saving your progress. You can quit at any time and you'll come back exactly where you left off. Enemies that you killed will stay dead until the next time you die or leave the area.

Dying is normal when it's your first time. Experience is the only thing that will ultimately allow you handle long stretches of regular enemies. Things that may help:

• use the trick form (L1) of your weapon for big groups as it has more reach
    • parry larger enemies with your gun (L2), then visceral (R1) as they tend to be resilient to normal attacks. Experience parrying is always good, too
    • attack enemies if there's an orange part of your hp bar to get it back. when there aren't any other enemies around you can get a few extra swings during the enemy's death animation for extra hp
    • there are items called Blood Stone Shards scattered throughout the first area. You can bring those back to the Hunter's Dream and use them to increase your weapon damage. The first upgrade costs 3, the next one 5.
    • (this one's important) you're invincible for a good portion of your dodge. Don't dodge away from enemies, dodge against the direction of their swings and counterattack
    • you can sprint away from encounters if you really need to. Enemies don't pursue you for long distances in the game.
    csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

The DLC is fantastic and highly recommended. Some of the coolest stuff in the game, to be honest.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richardqx: The game is always saving your progress. You can quit at any time and you'll come back exactly where you left off. Enemies that you killed will stay dead until the next time you die or leave the area.

Dying is normal when it's your first time. Experience is the only thing that will ultimately allow you handle long stretches of regular enemies. Things that may help:

• use the trick form (L1) of your weapon for big groups as it has more reach
    • parry larger enemies with your gun (L2), then visceral (R1) as they tend to be resilient to normal attacks. Experience parrying is always good, too
    • attack enemies if there's an orange part of your hp bar to get it back. when there aren't any other enemies around you can get a few extra swings during the enemy's death animation for extra hp
    • there are items called Blood Stone Shards scattered throughout the first area. You can bring those back to the Hunter's Dream and use them to increase your weapon damage. The first upgrade costs 3, the next one 5.
    • (this one's important) you're invincible for a good portion of your dodge. Don't dodge away from enemies, dodge against the direction of their swings and counterattack
    • you can sprint away from encounters if you really need to. Enemies don't pursue you for long distances in the game.

This a million times. It makes no real world sense but with a lot of the really aggressive enemies and bosses the best move is to dodge forward into them as they attack. If you time it right (and its pretty generous) you'll end up behind them and they'll be facing the wrong way flailing like an idiot. Also you've likely already picked a weapon but I think the Hunters Axe is great due to its reach. The leaping attack while holding it in two hands (R2 and forward at the same time) has a bit of stun on it and can deal with many foes before they can recover.

Richardqx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Richardqx

Thank you guys for the tips and for the infos . ^_^

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had never hard about the scaling issues, I beat it at about 80 on ng++ first time and it really didn't seem that bad. I may have been overlevelled a bit. Regardless I think you should get dlc and play through it, it's pretty good.

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just remember the first section is designed to be hard for new players. Once you get leveled and get familiar with your weapons things will start to click.

JasonMasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also bought vanilla Bloodborne and super enjoyed it.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely get that DLC, my friend. Just play it towards the end because it's very hard

Richardqx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hm, i can't force myself to continue. I am still stucked in the central yharman or what's the name of this town. Last time i died three times, i turned it off and since than, i do not want to start it again. Seriously, i don't wan't to exaggerate, i died 30 times, maybe. Last time i killed so many moth*******rs, including a miniboss, and after some time of a plenty of kills and travelling, i was killed by an ordinary guy. I've made such a great progress this time, just to die and get back to the f*****g point, where i am stucked for a few days. It's so much frustrating. Oh hell, how pissed i was. I don't wan't to try it again, just to be angry. Do u guys kill everything u see, or u also run away? If only there were more of the savepoints...

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate bloodborne for a ton of reasons but that atmosphere isn't one of them. Now balance of damage and enemy HP on bosses, every char being a mildly different flavor of another, waiting until 40 hours in to give you options in weapons and some waiting until you finish the whole fucking game. That atmosphere and art style though...

GordonDaniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richardqx: Hey, don't feel bad about sidelining the game for a while. I had to start and stop Demon's Souls three time before I finally got the feel of the game down. And in my opinion Bloodborne is much harder than Demon's Souls was. My suggestion is put the game to the side, play something else to cool off, and in a month or so give it another go.

Four things I will suggest if you ever decide to come back to it.

One watch some videos of others playing the game. Not "pros" just people playing the game for the first time. Everyone sucks in the beginning. But as they get better watch what they do. Every enemy in Bloodborne has pretty obvious tells, but it takes some time to learn them. This is coming from someone who takes a long time to learn. The game is quite rewarding, but it is also quite frustrating at first.

Two, don't be afraid to grind the early enemies for levels. Purists will tell you grinding is necessary, and they are right, but it can help when you hit a wall.

Three, learn to parry. Parry timing can be hard to get down (again video of the timing might help here) but it will pay off big time as the game goes on.

Four, this might seem counter intuitive, but take your time. Try to fight enemies one at a time or at least in single file. Don't be afraid to run if you are out numbered. Also watch the stamina bar. Try to keep a number of how many time you can swing/dodge before you empty your bar, and try to do one less than that. An empty stamina bar will get you killed faster than just about anything else.

Don't feel bad about taking a break. These games are designed to punish you until you learn the game, and that can get super frustrating. And the more frustrated you get the worse you will play.

Richardqx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Richardqx

@GordonDaniels: Thank u very much 4 your tips. I realy appreciate such a long post. I don't give up, just that i am pissed off, lol xD The game would be realy addictive, once i am able to handle the difficult.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, all my first runs of the games have been complete car crashes. Execution and knowledge is the only thing holding anyone back. And the parry system allows you to get the timing from a safe distance.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
    Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Redhotchilimist

Souls games can be frustrating. I watched like two let's plays of Dark Souls 1 and watched a friend play it before I tried it myself, hahah. Don't be afraid to look up some videos yourself if you're in trouble. Just having some more knowledge can help out if you're completely stuck in a spot.

Richardqx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Richardqx

Haven't been playing it for some time. Hard to force myself, when i know i'll loose again my progress many times, still at the same location. Gonna to try it again, and if i'll not make any progress than i'll not touch it for another 1 month or more. This game is ... I don't even have a name.

Richardqx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So i've been playing it for about 40 minutes... I died couple of times and after my last death, i was so angry that i've punched myself in my cheek, three times. Just lightly, though...

Still stucked at the same point, i've lost my molotov coctails... I wish it wasn't this much frustrating. It's just too much.

My playtime is 5 hours or so, by now. Not much in 2 months.

Ketta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Ketta

FYI, if you have found the first boss (named Cleric Beast), I think you should just run straight to him and fight him until you win. After you beat the first boss you will be able to level up, purchase items, and begin to make real progress towards winning that should help you pick up momentum. I never really understood why they stop you from having those features at the beginning.

Basically, until you have beaten the first boss, I would just ignore the enemies along the way because you can't use their blood echoes (or souls) for anything useful.

Also, if you haven't found the boss yet, you should know that there is a shortcut to him (the locked gate to the left of the central Yarnam lantern) that makes it a 20 second run each time. Not too bad.

MattGiersoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MattGiersoni

There's also an alternative way of getting insight instead of beating the boss(currency in the top right corner) There's an item in a sewer area nearby called Madman's Knowledge that will also give you insight and let you lvl up. Then return to the hunter's dream (the house hub area) by using a lamp or hunter's mark and the doll lady will be awake and let you lvl up. Also why are you torturing yourself if you clearly don't enjoy it and getting angry, physically hurting yourself? Maybe it's just not for you? No game is worth raging and hurting yourself. For example, I tried sim racers and they just aren't for me. Play something else, life is short! :D

Loading Video...

Richardqx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys, finally i've made a progress. I've managed to get over two huge black monster wolfs standing somewhere and opened a gate to another point. It's pretty hard there, too but i'm glad for the advance. I've still haven't encountered the first boss, though. I'm just happy now and i've turned it of for now. Thanks 4 the tips. In the end, i haven't taken any hidden shortcuts. I'm excited to get rid the Yharnam of the boss and finally be able to develop my character. I just lost 8k of blood echoes but nevermind. Am 6 hours in the game, after 2 months or so.

Richardqx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So the game is starting to grow on me, at last. Its gothic environment, disturbing and fantastic level design, difficulty and great boss battles. Not that i am generally addicted to it, like i was to some other games, but it's getting better and better!

I play it in offline mode. Don't want here any online things that only intrude on my experience of the world.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why? Invasions are an opt-in situation. Unless you don't want messages as well and want to figure out your own way, which I can respect.

Richardqx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cause.... Ui don't want any online players disturb my experience. Don't know how to express more. I dont wana there any online elements disturbing my gameplay.

HugoBossk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As neat as the online features are, you really aren't missing much by having them off.

Glad it's growing on you! Technical issues aside, it's still one of the best games this gen. Oh and if you haven't already, definitely pick up the Old Hunters, some of the best content in the game right there.

Richardqx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Richardqx

Damn it! I think i've went into a wrong place. I probably should had to open a gate at Cathedral Ward with some item, but i didn't know and now i am stucked at unseen village from where is no escape. There are really tough enemies and i'm too weak. :/ I wish i'll finish the game, though really don't want to restart it. :/

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I think all of the DLC stuff is extra hard endgame content, so I'd just buy it near the end of the game if you would like a little more. It's good stuff.

PS Bloodborne is really freaking great

This was mostly my feeling. I beat Bloodborne but I didn't get too far into Old Hunters as it was pretty punitive. I don't think I even made it to the first boss.

MattGiersoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By MattGiersoni

@richardqx: You can't get stuck at any point, there is a way out, just explore a bit, it's extremely easy to get out of there. You don't have to restart. Here's a hint if you don't want to find it on your own: There's a lamp fairly close to the start, go left out of the cell and just search for round stairs and follow them until you get to another set of round stairs.

GordonDaniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richardqx: Did you get warped to the Unseen Village by being stuffed into a sack? If so just keep looking around eventually you will find a lamp that will warp you out. Also that place is tuned a little higher than were you are in the game. The kidnapper enemies in particular hit extremely hard. If you are having trouble with these guys, here's a tip. When the kidnappers get to about half health the will buff themselves which makes them much faster and more aggressive. (You really don't want to fight them like this.) However the animation for them buffing themselves is long enough that you can walk behind them and hit them with a fully charged R2 attack and then a back stab. This should do pretty great damage, if not kill them outright.

Good luck.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.