Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

Ledge Item near Amelia (pic)

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

No Caption Provided

The run to the Amelia boss fights takes you up some stairs and on the way there you rub by a ledge with an item near the edge. I've just reached the final headstone (without early warp) and I still haven't found a way to that item. Is it something that I haven't done yet that I will eventually do or did I miss something? There is also a locked door past the giant with the morning star that I'm not sure how to get to.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61
    deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

@golguin: You'll get there eventually. A previously locked door in a nearby area (Cathedral Ward) will open after defeating a particular boss (Blood-Starved Beast). You'll get to that ledge by traveling through the unlocked area.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Ares42

If you've killed the blood-starved beast you can get to it, but it's a pretty obscure secret passage.

As for the door, if it's the one by the chest after the room with a bunch of urns, it never opens. The fact that it's usable but locked is a lore thing.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Humanity

@golguin: If you want step by step instructions:

From Cathedral Ward hang a right and take the elevator up. Past the room with the Wheelchair run across the bridge and take a right, fall through the broken path to the lower level. Enter the room around the bend and navigate the broken beams and such to drop all the way to the bottom - kill the beast then open the doors. Follow the streets there and you'll eventually come out that balcony area.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah, I know the area. I was actually went there as soon as I noticed the door opened, but I couldn't figure out a way to get down to the bottom without killing myself. I assumed the door up top that was locked (near all the urns) would allow me to reach the bottom. Once I got the key and went back I was of course broken by the Insight stealing Cthulu demons and I believed my trip to the dark bottom was postponed until I killed them.

I have now done the thing and seen the source of the dream.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Speaking of obscure things like this, or out of the way things. Did anyone ever find a way to open the locked door all the way down the path from the very first axe giant you meet. If you go down and face the crows and the two big dues, and go right you find another giant sitting on the ground. Then to his right is a stairway down to a chest. But there is a locked door in there. Anyone find a way to open it?

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@sterling said:

Speaking of obscure things like this, or out of the way things. Did anyone ever find a way to open the locked door all the way down the path from the very first axe giant you meet. If you go down and face the crows and the two big dues, and go right you find another giant sitting on the ground. Then to his right is a stairway down to a chest. But there is a locked door in there. Anyone find a way to open it?

People have been saying that it's a door to the Great Bridge. Apparently some players found ways to clip the camera through the door and they report that there is nothing on the other side. Most likely it was supposed to be a shortcut to somewhere else (and the Great Bridge makes sense in relation to the door's placement) and it got cut for whatever reason.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sterling said:

People have been saying that it's a door to the Great Bridge. Apparently some players found ways to clip the camera through the door and they report that there is nothing on the other side. Most likely it was supposed to be a shortcut to somewhere else (and the Great Bridge makes sense in relation to the door's placement) and it got cut for whatever reason.

Door to DLC? I've been periodically going back to that door waiting to see if it unlocked since so many other doors in the game have timed locks on them.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@golguin: DLC door is definitely possible, although I don't think From would be so brazen about it; essentially planting a giant tease in the middle of an early area like that. I guess we'll know eventually. We're still only in the early weeks of banging against this game after all.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

That little area past the guy with the wrecking ball felt weird as hell. I was sure I missed something. There's really nothing aside from the chest down there?

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

How the hell do you even fall down that broken tower without dying? It seems like the wooden boards next to a door are the ones you wanna fall down to eventually, but I can't seem to get there.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How the hell do you even fall down that broken tower without dying? It seems like the wooden boards next to a door are the ones you wanna fall down to eventually, but I can't seem to get there.

Pull out your torch so you can see further down below. You'll see what boards are safe to fall onto. You'll want to reach the very bottom and the door that's about 3/4th of the way down.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.