Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

Minor annoyances in the game?

• 67 results
    Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

@giant_gamer: Nah, that's an AOE, not a targeted attack. You were pretty clearly in the shockwave.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Giant_Gamer

@zevvion: that was a shockwave attack?! If it really is then i think it is actually worse but even if it is a shockwave my character was above the ground during his attack.

Anyway the hit box is really messed up and i'll upload another clip later today which is clear enough and i'll link it in this thread.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giant_gamer: I will grant you that visually you weren't hit, but 'gamer-sense' is telling me it is appropriate you took damage there. Unlike some other instances where you were missed 'for real'. Also, I am completely incapable of explaining my thought process here it seems.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giant_gamer: Nah, that attack has a huge hitbox and you need to be a bit away from it, dodging once doesn't clear it. The annoying thing about it is that visually it doesn't look like a large area attack at all so it seems cheap.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

The only thing that really stands out to me is having to farm blood vials.

The rest of the complaints in this game don't bother too much. I love this game a lot.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Giant_Gamer

@zevvion:I really didn't understand on what you are going for there but my gaming sense always tell me to always jump when shockwaves occurs.

Anyway this is the one i promised, i was trying to figure out a different tactic than the one i did in the story mode since the stage is too small for his final transformation.

Loading Video...

@theblue: The player, in this case will never know the range of the attack. This why i said it is worse because now it is a design flaw.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giant_gamer:

@theblue said:

@giant_gamer: Nah, that attack has a huge hitbox and you need to be a bit away from it, dodging once doesn't clear it. The annoying thing about it is that visually it doesn't look like a large area attack at all so it seems cheap.

This is what I meant. It was clear to me you didn't dodge the attack.

Also, the video you just posted just shows you getting hit? Yes, the leg misses you, but you should understand that giant creatures always cause damage also beside the point of impact. Which would explain why you thought that first video you posted also missed you. That's what I meant with 'gamer-sense'. I can't think of a single video game where a large creature doesn't damage the surrounding area as well when its foot hits the ground.

In addition, this has always been part of the Souls series at least. All of the dragons in these games basically do this. Centipede Demon did it. Stray Demon did it. Iron Golem did it. Ceaseless Discharge did it. Countless of them did it. Whenever they were huge, basically.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Giant_Gamer

@zevvion: i played every souls game and i fought against every single boss twice or more (excluding dlc bosses) and i remember that when a shockwave occurs there's always a visual effect to warn the player. Let's take Tower Knight as an example here, when he does the shield slam you will see flying deprees and wave that marks the danger zone. Now, what's great about this attack is that you could stand behind the shield and you will be completely safe since the visual effects occur in front of it.

This is how i remember shockwave attacks in souls games, anything else is just hit box bug as long as there is no feedback to tell the player about the danger zone.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giant_gamer: Yes, but that visual effect is still here. It might be less apparent though, but you can still see that 'wind'.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Giant_Gamer

@zevvion: you can see similar effects from most enemies in the game once they hit the ground. The way i know it shockwaves in soul series are rounded and clear for the player to spot during the game.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giant_gamer: Hm, well I'm not going to defend it to death; I can see your point. I just didn't have a lot of issue with this myself.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion said:

@giant_gamer: Hm, well I'm not going to defend it to death; I can see your point. I just didn't have a lot of issue with this myself.

In all fairness he has a point. Almost every attack in the game does the "wind" thing but it doesn't always mean there is an aoe. Take the fat axe dudes for example, they can get that wind effect but many of their hits are just straight "it touched you or it missed". Then you have the REAL best example Ebreitas who is almost impossible to dodge on the charge even if you dodge 3 times if you dodge right you always seem to get hit no matter what.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkarov said:

@zevvion said:

In all fairness he has a point. Almost every attack in the game does the "wind" thing but it doesn't always mean there is an aoe. Take the fat axe dudes for example, they can get that wind effect but many of their hits are just straight "it touched you or it missed". Then you have the REAL best example Ebreitas who is almost impossible to dodge on the charge even if you dodge 3 times if you dodge right you always seem to get hit no matter what.

Perhaps I don't see a hitbox that is larger than is visually apparent to be that big of a problem. Sometimes it takes being hit by one to realize, "Oh this will hit me even if I dodge once, when I see it coming now, I'll get the hell outta there." As far as Ebrietas goes, I always dodge to the right and never get hit. As long as you time it properly and dodge at the last second it's not a problem. So what others may see as a cheap hitbox, I see as my poor dodging screwing me.

I'm not trying to add fuel to the fire here as really, this is (as the title of the thread claims) just a minor annoyance.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Giant_Gamer

@zevvion: totally understand, i've beaten fallout:new vegas and i still don't know what's all the hate it was got for. I think it all comes to the player play style and what ticks him off.

@karkarov: During my fight with the bloodletting beast i found out that the roll have better chance of evading than the quick step. So whenever he charges i unlock roll then lock again.. It was as painful as it looks.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#65  Edited By Svenzon

Having to grind for healing items is a bit annoying. There are a few good places to do it, like Central Yharnam and Cathedral Ward, but later you run into places where Blood Vials rarely (if ever) drop. It wouldn't be half as annyoing if the devs just let you warp between lamps, instead of having to go back to the Dream every single time.

Another small annoyance is FromSoft's obession with poisonous swamps. I'm in the Nightmare Frontier right now, which started out fairly easy until you have to cross the swamp. While it's not Blighttown or Valley of Defilement levels of frustrating, I wish they'd just retire that trope.

LaudaSolem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

a double-edged sword here (no pun intended) but the clipping issue when you stand behind a ten foot thick pillar and the monster behind it can still hit you w/wide arc swings; on the other hand, you can hit him/her/it too if your weapon is long enough

cthomer5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By cthomer5000

I found Forbidden Woods to be, by far, the best grinding area. When i needed to raise some quick cash, I would go there, immediately throw out my Small Resonant Bell, then start working my way through the level.

I find that zone to be the best bang for buck in terms of enemies you can kill when careful vs. # of souls received in reward. And if you are summoned in to help someone, you are fighting without risk. Even if you die you will return to your world. It also seems like a very common area for people to be seeking help because it's very large and can be difficult in a few key parts if you're not playing carefully.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.