Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

My Top 10 worse bosses in Bloodborne.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By mordukai
    1. Amygdala - Cursed Defiled Dungeon.
    2. Amygdala - Cursed Defiled Dungeon.
    3. Amygdala - Cursed Defiled Dungeon.
    4. Amygdala - Cursed Defiled Dungeon.
    5. Amygdala - Cursed Defiled Dungeon.
    6. Amygdala - Cursed Defiled Dungeon.
    7. Amygdala - Cursed Defiled Dungeon.
    8. Amygdala - Cursed Defiled Dungeon.
    9. Amygdala - Cursed Defiled Dungeon.
    10. Amygdala - Cursed Defiled Dungeon.

Sorry, had to vent. Not my first time with this cunt in this specific dungeon but seriously. I am at a point where I think this boss is straight out a troll on FROM's part. Did they patch him to make even more of a troll?!

He has so much HP and hits like a truck and it doesn't help that since it's a cursed dungeon, your HP is halved so a lot of attacks are basically 1 shot. You'll be doing fine and he gets in and C'YA. Do Better. I almost feel like that every time he kills me he should just bring out a sign that says "GIT GUD." He has the arms to do that.

I think I'll go do someone more productive like washing the dishes and not murdering my controller.

Fin.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

My reaction to Ludwig, despite that dope theme.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@csl316 said:

My reaction to Ludwig, despite that dope theme.

I can just imagine that boss in a Cursed dungeon.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I never managed to get past the Watchdog in the Cursed Defiled Chalice, which ended my quest for the Platinum trophy right then and there. That whole thing is pretty ridiculous.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

They did patch it to make it worse at some point (jump didn't track behind him). At high levels the DLC is immensely more difficult than any possible Chalice + Curse combination.

That said the game only really has like 4 bad bosses, Ludwig, Laurence (the worst boss in any souls game), Bloodletting Beast, and arguably post patch Amygdala; you can fight Amygdala pretty well with Simon's Bowblade and Black Sky Eye though.

Loading Video...

Loading Video...
    Loading Video...

Loading Video...
    Loading Video...

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By odinsmana

I think I found the Watchdog to be a bit worse, but Amygdala was also a real pain. It`s a real bummer that such a cool boss (Yharnam) is locked away at the end of the chalice dungeons considering how much bullshit you have to go through to get to it.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Playing the game at launch, that was definitely the boss that gave me the most trouble, including my NG+1 and 2 playthroughs. Bloodborne is probably the easiest Souls game (amplified by the fact that it's the fourth game and many of us are were very experienced with the series at that point), and that boss is the only one that I didn't defeat within a few attempts at most.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm going to go ahead and say the camera was actually the hardest boss in Bloodborne.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bloodbourne platinum trophy was probably the hardest video game thing I've done. Amygdala really felt like I just had to get lucky with the right pattern. Took me dozens of attempts.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mordukai: I thought the giant fire dog before that guy was WAY harder, probably the hardest boss in the game for me with the exception of Laurence.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same.

I was already exhausted before I got to it.

Derpderpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The easiest was the pig and the blood starved beast. Its like eating pork CHOP!

Avatar image for militantfreudian
    militantfreudian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Can you not cheese the boss by baiting its jump attack anymore? I seem to remember targeting its crotch and standing still whenever it goes for the insta-kill jump attack.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mordukai: you have forgotten to mention the small stage that they used for a boss his size giving you a small room to maneuver.

Derpderpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mordukai: you have forgotten to mention the small stage that they used for a boss his size giving you a small room to maneuver.

uhhhmm.. was it Wet Nurse?

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@derpderpa: i don't remember having a difficulty with the Wet Nurse to the extent that i have forgot it.

On the other hand, Amygdala on the cursed Chalice Dungeon was a pain that i could never forget.

Since the stage was so small for the boss i have died a couple of times because the camera can't seem to figure out how to put us both on the same screen.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jumpy beasts always give me the business. Gascoigne's second form is hard work unless you manage him on the stairs.

Derpderpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@derpderpa: i don't remember having a difficulty with the Wet Nurse to the extent that i have forgot it.

On the other hand, Amygdala on the cursed Chalice Dungeon was a pain that i could never forget.

Since the stage was so small for the boss i have died a couple of times because the camera can't seem to figure out how to put us both on the same screen.

It seems I'm being wimpy on Wet Nurse XD Hated her second phase. The only boss fight I considered a boss fight is with Gehrman. The guy's totally unpredictable. Also btw, Amygdala 2nd phase means removing his hand appendages then use them for clubbing. Is it..... ARMED?

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@derpderpa: Gehrman is one of my favorite Souls bosses. I have lost to him plenty of times but i was not bothered by it because everything about the boss fight was so damn cool.

Derpderpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giant_gamer: your damn right! it is! the least tense boss fight for me is cleric beast when I replay the game. also laurence the first vicar also. although it took me 2 days straight to farm for fire resistant items.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poison-knifed my way past Micolash on NG+. It felt liberating. Nothing worse than dropping down into that room for him to spam Call Beyond.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Update: I've now beaten Watchdog and Amygdala in the Defiled chalice. Both of them are about the gamble but I had 70 vitality to give me the luxury of the odd hit. Watchdog took longer to beat. His moves are mostly telegraphed but there's the problem of getting damage on his head. As soon as it breaks, he's going to charge. It leads to a tense fight / flight response. Decent fight, especially when you turn the charge to your advantage.

Amygdala's range is nuts but the arena's just big enough for you to plan out your distance. That fight's a marathon. In the second and third phases I tended to go for stray arms because the face was too far to punish. As long as you keep strafing, you'll avoid most of the stuff she throws your way. I've been wondering if the HP pool enhances or diminishes the fight. It took me 8 minutes as I waited around for her to do something worth punishing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.