Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

Not a Spiritual Successor.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I've seen this around the web and it irks me a bit. People have been calling this a spiritual successor to the past Souls games and I couldn't disagree more. I think this is just a straight sequel in the Souls line of games. Same look, same combat, (yes I know it's plays faster), same obtuse game design. It does nothing to make you think other than this is the 4th game in that series. Hell, when ever I die I always say I have to get my Souls back, not Blood Patches.

Avatar image for thehuntsmen5434
    thehuntsmen5434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

The story is too different, that's why it isn't a sequel. Dark Souls was not a sequel to Demons Souls. Parallels in gameplay does not make it a sequel. Hence why people are calling it a successor, because you can draw more differences between the Souls games and Bloodborne then similarities easily.

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.