Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

Patch 1.07 is here

• 70 results
    Milijango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Milijango

And it's 9.4 gigs - most of which is the content for the upcoming DLC. Neogaf knows more about this than I do.

Here's what's been found so far:

• Co-op covenant (oath rune is useless))
    • New NPCs, hostile and otherwise
    • More attire
    • Summonable NPCs in main game and chalices (some even use DLC equipment)
    • Non-root chalices now have a standard glyph (i.e. everyone can coop together)
    • New hunter's tool
    • The formerly useless hunter tool Augur of Ebrietas now parries
    Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By Humanity

I'm kind of interested in the upcoming DLC. Thoroughly enjoyed Bloodborne and I'm slowly coming to terms that I still don't like Bethesda RPG's because each day I have less and less enthusiasm to keep slogging through Fallout 4 so this would, theoretically, fill up my time until Just Cause 3.

EDIT: Hahaha +2% oh man. "Why even give the bonus" my thoughts exactly.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wow I didn't know the patch added so much, I thought it was just the covenant and a few more summonable NPCs.

Can't wait to jump back in, it's been too long and this DLC looks rad as hell.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a guy currently at the Shadow of Yarnham, none of this changes will strike me. More summonable NPCs is welcome. I've only seen Alfred outside the Blood Starved Beast.

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
    ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dudeglove: Wow this DLC could be really cool. 16:10 wtf is that? Badass!

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ivdamke

I didn't think I'd be interested in playing the DLC when it came out but I think I might jump back in and give it another shot. I found Bloodborne engaged me significantly less because the PVP was so limited that the whole game didn't feel anywhere near as worthwhile. Hopefully this DLC coupled with the patches since launch have added enough to the game to improve that.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@dudeglove: Peeve Peeverson? Didn't he play with some Oro something guy through an insane modded version of Dark Souls?

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

With the way Fallout 4 has already fizzled out for me, this Bloodborne DLC couldn't come at a better time.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dudeglove: Ah okay. Man, that was a really fun series they were doing with the Aggression Mod. I might watch that again while playing through some Bloodborne this weekend.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't realize how much I wanted to play more Bloodborne until now. Just wrapped up Tales of Zestiria so I could do with another reason to turn my PS4 on again this month.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Of the 7 people I co-op'd with yesterday all 7 of them were using Ludwig's Holy Blade. That Souls game playerbase creativity, so inspiring.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Just started playing Bloodborne again today and I'm streaming it all again as I make my way to the The Leage area. It's fun to come back to this year's GOTY with new fun content.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anybody know how to access the DLC if you just started New Game plus? The PS blog is not very helpful on this matter.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe there's a portal near the Amelia fight. That Hunter spawning outside the Forbidden Woods bonfire felt like From taking the piss. Then he fell down a lift shaft. This game is alright. Still annoyed Valtr didn't turn up to aid me on the Shadow fight but it turns out I didn't need him. Holy Blade. Sorry, @fredchuckdave.

Loading Video...

I fancy a whip and heavy insight run on my second playthrough.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By golguin

@stryker1121 said:

Anybody know how to access the DLC if you just started New Game plus? The PS blog is not very helpful on this matter.

It sounds like after you Kill Amelia you need to get grabbed by the first Old One you encounter. You should know the one. At least that's how I've understood it.

EDIT: You also need to go back to Hunter's Dream to get an item. Then you go get grabbed by the first Old One you encounter next to Oedon Chapel.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember as soon as I started New Game+, I used all my Insight stuff to get to 99 for some reason.

How much will I regret this?

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:

I remember as soon as I started New Game+, I used all my Insight stuff to get to 99 for some reason.

How much will I regret this?

It's fine. I've been near max insight for most of the normal run and now I'm at 91 or something at start of NG+.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@golguin said:
    @stryker1121 said:

It sounds like after you Kill Amelia you need to get grabbed by the first Old One you encounter. You should know the one. At least that's how I've understood it.

EDIT: You also need to go back to Hunter's Dream to get an item. Then you go get grabbed by the first Old One you encounter next to Oedon Chapel.

OK thought that might be the case, but wasn't sure if I needed to start a normal character to access. Thanks much for the feedback!

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@golguin said:
    @stryker1121 said:

OK thought that might be the case, but wasn't sure if I needed to start a normal character to access. Thanks much for the feedback!

I thought I read that there's a quicker way? I know the Souls games required some progress, but I could've sworn that you just needed an item.

Wait, wait. Just found the official steps here.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@shindig: How darest! Shadows is the hardest fight in the game on higher NG+'s, though apparently I was fighting it in the hardest order for a long time; still a challenge even with a good order though.

@dudeglove A boss dropped a Blood Rock on one of my co-op runs, so that was nice, no clue if that's new to this patch or not; I've done a few Chalice runs in the past few months and it has always been chunks. Also this happened:

Loading Video...

Avatar image for a_cute_squirtle
    A_Cute_Squirtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder how hard it will be to find/access this stuff if you've been out of BB for a good long while. It was one of my favorite games of this year, but I never did the Chalice stuff and only ever found Alfred (I think?) as an NPC. Never even saw him as a summonable ally for a boss fight. Wonder if I'll come across the new ones more easily.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@a_cute_squirtle: Assuming you find the shortcut in the forbidden woods it's hard to miss the new covenant guy.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave: What can I say? I'm a fan of bigger numbers. Before this patch I'd only seen Alfred as a summon. Oh. Man. I could've brought those two summons in for Rom. Food for thought if those spider babies bum rush me.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So if you're currently on NG+++ and enter the new DLC area, is that place going to be NG+++ as well?

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Technician

@humanity: I hope so. I just started NG++ yesterday and got myself to right before the Vicar Amelia fight to be ready to jump into the DLC. I'm worried that the DLC may be too easy for my NG++ character though. Gascoigne was one of my toughest fights in NG and NG+ and I just walked all over him yesterday. I didn't really level up much at all during NG+ and spent most of my blood echoes on vials and bullets, so I don't think I'm overlevelled. I wonder if the best way to experience the DLC is to start from scratch and jump into it after the Amelia fight with a new character; I want to make sure I feel some sort of challenge.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just Beat Amelia last night on my NG+ run. I'm really excited for the dlc.

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it just me, or are there some hidden balance changes in this patch? Poison resistance seems a lot lower now, and some enemies poison now that I don't remember (like the werewolf at the bottom of Old Yharnam). I also feel like I'm just taking more damage over all, and dealing slightly less. Or maybe i'm just a crazy person.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad they're making co-op better and better, one of the most fun parts of the game. I don't think I'll go back it until the DLC is out proper since I kind of burned out on the game and Fallout still has me bustling forward.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soldierg654342: He always poisoned. He gets buffed by the shreiky shower curtain woman thing.

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
    ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does the DLC have pre-loading?

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I figured it might be five down to the trophies.

Milijango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Milijango

@frostyryan: Patch 1.07 is the pre-load. The DLC download itself is going to be ~10mb.

Also, I missed a huge change regarding Chalice Dungeons: ALL materials become available in the insight shop in NG+ (possibly excluding the Living String). Ritual Blood (5) and Tomb Mould (5) are also for sale for blood echoes.

I've confirmed this on a NG+ character that has only completed the first dungeon.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milijango: Well that would have been great when I was going for the Platinum trophy and had to do a LOT of backtracking and stuff because I didn't follow any guides and put myself in a really shitty corner regarding some of the rarer materials.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I'm not watching the QL yet but did they mention or does anyone know about what level you're expected to be at for the DLC? I want to prep a character but I don't know if I should stop at Amelia when it becomes accessible or if I can keep going and not be over leveled?

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

65 which might as well be endgame for me. I'm in the fifties.

Avatar image for militantfreudian
    militantfreudian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By militantfreudian

I started a new character for the DLC, but I stopped playing right before Amelia. I just might attempt the DLC areas with a level 30-35 character and see if it's feasible. I'd rather not play the DLC for the first time on new game plus.

Edit: Nope! The DLC is definitely not intended for an early nor mid-game character. Even with better bloodgems, it takes me three to four parries to kill a single hunter, and they can easily kill me in three to four hits.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People are saying that the DLC is pretty rough on NG+ or higher. You have no idea how happy I am to hear that.

I ... need ... PPPAAAAAAAAIIIIIINNNNNNN!!!!!!!

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People are saying that the DLC is pretty rough on NG+ or higher. You have no idea how happy I am to hear that.

I ... need ... PPPAAAAAAAAIIIIIINNNNNNN!!!!!!!

My LV 99 in NG+ is ready for what they have. Just a few hours left. Unlocks at 9PM pacific time right?

Milijango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Milijango

I'm in Australia so it unlocked about 14 hours ago. I'm a bit over halfway and it's very good so far - this whole package really has an eye for spectacle. I'm NG Level 66 with Beast Claws and plan on staying at that level to the end.

16 deaths, 10 of which came from one boss.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Started a new playthrough since my only other one was NG+4, and went to the DLC area as soon as it opened. Seems like tmy level 40 dude shouldn't be there.

The basic enemies are taking, like, 10 parries to even go down, and one hit takes off 75% of my health. It's definitely doable, and I've gotten a bunch of really good damage gems that have made the main game stuff I'm up to completely trivial. I've died more times in the DLC than I have playing up to the Forbidden Woods, and I haven't even encountered a boss yet.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NG+ is no joke. The enemies have very different attack patterns with long windups that are difficult to dodge and parry due to their hectic animations. Hunters hit like a truck as well. 2 hits and I'm dead. Really enjoying it so far. Haven't fought a boss yet, but I'm getting wrecked all the same.

The level of difficulty feels good and it's harder than anything in the normal game or Chalice Dungeons (I got the Platinum). I would simply gun parry my way through everything the normal game has to offer. I can't do that here...yet.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Given how much I'm hating Hunter fights, I might skip this.

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So am i just fucked as someone who completed the game once?

Do i have to fight back through to amelia on new game plus and then will i be under leveled for the dlc on new game plus?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Fredchuckdave

NG+8 is fun, though it's probably not the proper way to learn bosses. Regular enemies are perfectly fine, easier than most tougher regular enemies in the main game/chalices, even.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of the 7 people I co-op'd with yesterday all 7 of them were using Ludwig's Holy Blade. That Souls game playerbase creativity, so inspiring.

Pretty much how I feel about Katanas in every souls game. Well, save Demon's Souls. Out of all the souls games Demon's is the one where I encountered the most verity as far as weapon usage.

I guess it really depends on personal experience.

I think so many gravitate to Ludwig's Holy Blade is cause most people just run straight STR builds. I'll admit. ATM, I am also using Ludwig's Blade cause that the weapon I get the most damage output. But I do have another character that's a Threaded Cane user but she's only level 63 and I the DLC is a bit too powerful for her right now.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Technician

@golguin: I'm at 108 on NG++, just got to the first boss (no name just in case that would be a spoiler). Right now I'm being really stubborn and just sticking to untransformed Saw Cleaver R1 attacks. Dying a lot but slowly figuring him out and getting that rhythm down bit by bit. That mid-range lunging attack he does always seems to come when I'm about to make a decision and I feel like I'm moving in quicksand for that split second.

After I handle this business I'll go back and step to the chump with the beast claws ... he ain't shit

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mordukai: Beast Claw does way more DPS than the Holy Blade, various other weapons are comparable.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.