Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

Play this now, or finish Dark Souls?

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By NekuSakuraba

I've had Demon's Souls and Dark Souls for a while but have never finished playing them, but after seeing Bloodborne, I'd really like to play it. However, I'm not sure if I should play Dark Souls, or ever Demon's Souls, before going onto Bloodborne.

These games have a big online aspect right? Should I go into Bloodborne while it's full of life, but risk the chances of Dark Souls being empty, or finish Dark Souls and not have a chance to experience Bloodborne near release?

What would you guys suggest?

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

You can play any of the games without having to play the prior ones in the series, so you can start with the one that is most appealing to you.

Bloodborne has the least online heavy aspect out of any of the games, because invasions have been massively scaled back and co-op happens a lot less too, from my experience. If you want a lot of online capabilities, I suggest Dark Souls II easily. It has the best online system out of all of them and the most active one.

If you don't care much about that stuff, you can go with any game you want really. Bloodborne is pretty skimmed compared to the other ones, so it's a pretty good entry point though.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Bloodborne is a very similar game and I'm not sure how much of that sort of gameplay one may endure back to back. Some can't get enough. I personally like the games a lot but need a break in between entries to shake off the fatigue that goes along with playing them.

The online aspect is only pertinent if you actually summon people for boss fights or want to engage with PVP. If you never summon help then online is irrelevant for the most part. If you're looking for some good PVP then Bloodborne is probably not the best choice to do that with Dark Souls 2 probably being a better choice. I don't know how alive Dark Souls 1 is but hey, people are still playing Demon's Souls so you know.

Ultimately if you just want to experience the newest "thing" and be in the conversational zeitgeist then just play Bloodborne. Although I'm sure many will not agree but I think for the most part these games are pretty interchangeable with one another. Bloodborne has the least variety despite whatever people might say, but at the end of the day it is just Demon's Souls 1.4 - From Software has been largely iterating rather than innovating at this point.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

@dudeglove: There really isn't anything known at this point that someone who hasn't completed the game at NG+7 is going to figure out. You're not part of anything anymore. Everything you're going to do in Bloodborne will already be known.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.