Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

Problem with coop in chalice dungeons

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pyrodactyl

Is the coop in chalice dungeons as fucked as it seems? For now I'm only able to match with friends by using the bell of beckoning and waiting for like 5 minutes on the first floor for our bells to connect even though we're the only 2 people in that particular dungeon. After we're done with the first floor the host is the only one that can progress to the second floor. That means you have to beat each boss 3 times if you want to do the whole dungeon in coop with 2 friends since you can't match between different floors.

That wouldn't be that big of a deal if you could connect to each other instantly but yesterday I was waiting around for upwards of 5 minutes for the connection to establish. If you consider the length of the 4 levels of dungeon I've cleared (15 to 25 minutes excluding the boss) the wait time is really problematic.

Welding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't tried any Chalice Dungeons or summoning yet, but I think the Soul series really wasn't designed for co-op play in a traditional sense (getting together with several friends and playing together for a long session). Rather, the game is designed for you to summon strangers to help you with an immediate problem you are facing.

Hell, maybe there's totally a way you can do that stuff. But I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Yeah sometimes it can take up to a few minutes and sometimes my buddy and I can connect instantaneously. It was pretty inconsistent as we went through the first dungeon together.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@welding: You can match with specific people using network passwords in this one and it's really easy to coop in the regular game where I want to do everything alone. The part designed for coop is not coop friendly at all though. Really weird

maniacjim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ive tried everything to connect me and my friend in a chalice dungeon. We can even see eachother running around. NOPE!! STILL WONT CONNECT US!! Fucking annoying

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Ive tried everything to connect me and my friend in a chalice dungeon. We can even see eachother running around. NOPE!! STILL WONT CONNECT US!! Fucking annoying

Are you close to each other in blood level? I don't know if its still 10 levels up and down or if they add the +10% of your level but if you are lv 35 and your friend is lv 22 you probably can't connect. If you are close in level and you are using the same network password then there shouldn't be any issue.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.