Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

PSA: Bloodborne has an (unintentional) easy mode

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Turambar

It has come to light that there is a way to dramatically reduce the difficulty of the game. Due some reason or another (people are assuming its a memory leak), keeping the game running for about a dozen hours in a row results in boss AI acting abnormally, reducing their move sets and such. The end result are bosses that would normally have multiple phases and a variety of different attacks constantly spamming the same moves over and over. The shadow trio won't do their snake thing, Vicar Amelia won't heal, etc.

This reddit thread has pretty good video demonstration of this glitch in action against one of the optional later bosses. I guess for anyone having trouble with nigh impossible chalice dungeon bosses, just keep the game running over night?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't this some weird inverse of a PSA?

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Ya. The hunter is starting to wake up from the dream, and the nightmares have less of an effect on him. Working as intentional.

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Nah, just view it as a glitch warning: if you leave it on too long, a memory leak will cause very abnormal memory behavior.

effache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I fought the shadows, I definitely do not remember a "snake thing" and when I was down to the last brother he just kept dashing to his left, not even attacking. Sounds like I may have been victim to this glitch. Wanted to share the gameplay footage but once again my ps4 wasn't recording (seems to happen whenever something particularly odd occurs, bummer I couldn't upload it)

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By probablytuna

Does putting the PS4 in Suspend mode count? If it does, no wonder the fight against Vicar was so easy, beat her on the first try.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Turambar

Does putting the PS4 in Suspend mode count? If it does, no wonder the fight against Vicar was so easy, beat her on the first try.

According to the reddit thread, suspend mode does indeed count.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@effache said:

When I fought the shadows, I definitely do not remember a "snake thing" and when I was down to the last brother he just kept dashing to his left, not even attacking. Sounds like I may have been victim to this glitch. Wanted to share the gameplay footage but once again my ps4 wasn't recording (seems to happen whenever something particularly odd occurs, bummer I couldn't upload it)

No, Shadow of Yarnham are pushovers. There is only one of them that actually attacks you aggressively (the one with the katana), and one that attacks you if you get close to him (with the flamethrower). The last one just keeps dashing away from you whenever you get close (fireball guy) and he'll only do the 'snake thing' if there is some distance between you. So if you kept on him, he wouldn't do it.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Nah that fight is just really easy anyway. Beat it first go twice in a row (summoning).

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

@bollard: everything is pathetically easy with summoning. I did try suspend once with the game running and I can't really recall if I noticed a huge difference.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Turambar

@humanity said:

@bollard: everything is pathetically easy with summoning. I did try suspend once with the game running and I can't really recall if I noticed a huge difference.

Some boss changes are definitely more obvious than others. Doing my own testing, while Cleric Beast seems to no longer do jump attacks at you and Father Gascoigne seems to just do the same one handed axe swing combo every time instead of moving around all that much, neither are as blatant as the differences in the Logarius fight shown off in the reddit thread.

Avatar image for a_cute_squirtle
    A_Cute_Squirtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

This is disappointing. I thought the, uh, leggy boss (on mobile so I can't get spoiler tags to work) was particularly easy last night. I've been using suspend mode for a while, so that must've been it.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By pyrodactyl

@turambar: Wait, what is logarius suppose to do? I thought it was really weird how Patrick had a lot of trouble with him when for me he did an easy to dodge projectile attack once, a jumping attack in his second phase and a basic 3 hit combo all the time.

Poonz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blood Starved Beast was super easy now i know why.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turambar: Wait, what is logarius suppose to do? I thought it was really weird how Patrick had a lot of trouble with him when for me he did an easy to dodge projectile attack once, a jumping attack in his second phase and a basic 3 hit combo all the time.

He has multiple projectiles and a melee combo in the beginning. At half hp, he gets additional melee attacks, starts using a flying through the air, and sticks a sword in the ground that summons waves after waves of throwing knives.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Hmm. I know I've had the game running for huge chunks of the day. And now I suspend it at the menu screen at night. Normally I'd think that'd reset it but I heard someone say it still did it when they switched characters?

Anyway, the only boss that was bugged was Shadows when the one guy just kept circle strafing and doing nothing else. Everything else has been as unforgiving as ever.. Just reached (a chalice dungeon boss) Bloodletting Beast last night and here we go again.. another ridiculous fight.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is really strange to hear.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I've tested this with chalice dungeon bosses, and I see no difference what so ever. They are exactly the same as if I do a fresh boot of the game. So maybe this doesn't apply to chalice dungeons? Or at all. And everyone is just crazy.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@turambar said:

@pyrodactyl said:

He has multiple projectiles and a melee combo in the beginning. At half hp, he gets additional melee attacks, starts using a flying through the air, and sticks a sword in the ground that summons waves after waves of throwing knives.

I just saw the video and that is for sure not the Logarius I fought. Has all the moves you just mentioned, but the video just has him swinging.

Can this explain how some people are saying they had an extremely easy time with X boss and they just smacked them till they died?

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe this is what happened to Amygala or w/e theyre called when it kept jumping away from me with its back turned for the last third of the fight.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8907c9ada33
    deactivated-5f8907c9ada33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

That feel when you're still on the Cleric Beast and you bought the game at launch.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@golguin said:

@turambar said:

@pyrodactyl said:

I just saw the video and that is for sure not the Logarius I fought. Has all the moves you just mentioned, but the video just has him swinging.

Can this explain how some people are saying they had an extremely easy time with X boss and they just smacked them till they died?

Maybe, I wish my Logarius was like the one from the video. I beat him on my second try but he was constantly doing fast combos, jumping up off screen and divebombing me all while we fought in a tornado of knives that intermittently hit me if I wasn't behind cover.

I also didn't have any bullets like an idiot so the fight dragged on for a really long time. Somehow because all the bosses so far were large monsters I completely forgot that you could technically parry a boss.

Now I'm curious if I should just leave Bloodborne on suspend overnight before I face the final boss.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@humanity said:

@golguin said:

@turambar said:

@pyrodactyl said:

Maybe, I wish my Logarius was like the one from the video. I beat him on my second try but he was constantly doing fast combos, jumping up off screen and divebombing me all while we fought in a tornado of knives that intermittently hit me if I wasn't behind cover.

I also didn't have any bullets like an idiot so the fight dragged on for a really long time. Somehow because all the bosses so far were large monsters I completely forgot that you could technically parry a boss.

Now I'm curious if I should just leave Bloodborne on suspend overnight before I face the final boss.

You never shattered the sword that was stuck in the ground? The sword was the source of the blade projectiles.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@golguin: didn't really think to do that, he kept charging me constantly.

Red_Piano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thhaaat explains why my bosses kept getting glitched.

AzrealInc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the early going, I was having a heck of a time with the Blood-Starved Beast. I would get him down to about a third or less of his health before he just steamrolled me. Put the PS4 in suspend mode and came back the next evening and tried it again. The first phase went normally and when the second phase started he seemed even MORE aggressive then usual. I was running away screaming and popping blood vials. Then I got a nice combo hit on him that brought him down to about a 5th of his health when he just kept rearing up on his hind legs and screeching. He just screeched over and over, no attacking or even facing me. Just screeching.

Killed him and moved on. Bastard.

effache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion: Well the last brother that glitched out was the one with the flaming sword, I took out the fireball guy first as he was causing the most headache.

Watching footage of the Micolash battle, I definitely had the glitch going on there at the very least. In the first phase he did not attack at all and in the second it was all very easy to avoid and parry physical stuff -- none of his AOE magic or tentacle spell. Something might have been going on with Wet Nurse as well, but she seems super slow and predictable in any case so I'm not sure to what degree it was happening there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.