Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

PVP Moments

Based

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I thought we might as well have a place where we can show off some cool PVP fights.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Loading Video...

I've essentially been recording all of my Bloodborne playthrough, but I haven't really run into a match that I've felt was very impressive. My very first PVP fight was an invasion where I was in a 1v2 situation, but I just used the enemies to take them out both. Since that early part of the game I haven't had an opportunity to fight 1v2 again.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Giant_Gamer

Never had a chance to pvp, never invaded, never been invaded. It feels like the matchmaking code doesn't see that my connection is fit to pvp.

Any tips for pvp-ing?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@giant_gamer: I've just about wrapped up NG+ with only the final boss left and I've still never been invaded once. In fact in NG+ it was even tough to summon people in and I rarely saw ghosts of other players. Maybe not a lot of people are seeing much sense in playing the game over again, I know I did it basically out of boredom.

Micolash was extremely annoying in NG+

Based

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@golguin: I always seem to get 1v2 situations lol

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It kind of stinks that there are only 2 areas in the game that let people invade without having to deal with co-op friends. It's interesting because every time I've gotten to either nightmare, I get invaded almost instantly, but then nothing. I don't know if there's some kind of cooldown after you get invaded, but it stinks to have to reload the area or even the game to get another match going, and that doesn't always work.

I've had some really fun matches otherwise. I wish that the lag wasn't so bad though, 20 vials vs 20 vials can get ridiculous if the lag prevents accurate heal punishing. I was really excited before this came out to dive into pvp as I've done very little in the souls games, but Bloodborne is not geared very well for it unfortunately.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: matchmaking is solely based on level range. I've beaten this game twice with two different characters and never had a pvp experience while i do quite easily get summoned to co-op sessions.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@giant_gamer: I've just about wrapped up NG+ with only the final boss left and I've still never been invaded once. In fact in NG+ it was even tough to summon people in and I rarely saw ghosts of other players. Maybe not a lot of people are seeing much sense in playing the game over again, I know I did it basically out of boredom.

Micolash was extremely annoying in NG+

What is your level? I can go to the nightmare areas and find pretty consistent PVP fights at level 86.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giant_gamer: I know it is level based, which is probably why there is less of a chance of it happening in NG+ unless you just stop leveling yourself intentionally.

@golguin: If you are level 86 in the nightmare areas on NG+ then you are artificially limiting your level progression. Sure I could go read up on what the hot new PVP level standards are for Bloodborne and head to the designated meeting spot, but it would be nice if it worked organically. I don't remember my level but it is definitely in the high 100's, which isn't really surprising since just a few dogs will net you 10k souls in NG+ and what else am I gonna spend it on. The way they give you a maximum limit of items for your storage is also pretty ridiculous since it means you can't even stock up on blood vials etc for the long run.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By RonGalaxy

Damn, I had a pretty funny PvP encounter, which I saved, but I deleted it because I figured I'd never use it.

To sum it up I invaded someone in hypogean gaol in the outside area. I got in their world and had trouble finding them. Then I see a guy standing on one of the carriages waving at me. I run up the stairs to get at em when all of a sudden another player, who was hidden behind a corner attacked. They both went at me until I was dead. They did dumb gestures over my body, because why wouldn't you, when all of a sudden an undead amalgam attacks them from off screen killing one of them. Then the bloodborne loading screen came up at the perfect time. It was one of those moments that perfectly exemplify what these games are. Really should have saved it

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@giant_gamer: I know it is level based, which is probably why there is less of a chance of it happening in NG+ unless you just stop leveling yourself intentionally.

@golguin: If you are level 86 in the nightmare areas on NG+ then you are artificially limiting your level progression. Sure I could go read up on what the hot new PVP level standards are for Bloodborne and head to the designated meeting spot, but it would be nice if it worked organically. I don't remember my level but it is definitely in the high 100's, which isn't really surprising since just a few dogs will net you 10k souls in NG+ and what else am I gonna spend it on. The way they give you a maximum limit of items for your storage is also pretty ridiculous since it means you can't even stock up on blood vials etc for the long run.

In Dark Souls 1 and Dark Souls 2 I was running around with tens of millions of souls on me to maintain a specific soul level. Soul Memory in Dark Souls 2 made level range pointless, but I still maintained my level.

Dark Souls 2 was the only Souls game that allowed for organic PVP since invasions were always active for the most part and you could do things to ensure you were constantly invaded. My sin level in Dark Souls 2 was Wretch so I was invaded by Blue Sentinels every few minutes. The invasions never stopped. There was also the bonus of the arenas and the consensual invasions via red signs and dragon eyes.

Bloodborne is not very keen on allowing players to get invaded. With the new expanded audience it's become clear that the majority of people can't handle invasions. You don't need to look too hard to find topics with people complaining about the invasions in the Nightmare areas since that's where the PVP is currently concentrated. We need to do quite a bit now to set up PVP fights. Some people are heading to the designated PVP chalices, while others are moving into NG+ and leaving the optional area bosses alive.

I just checked the trophy list and only 51.1% of the online player base has defeated Vicar Amelia. The vast majority of people are no where near your soul level. If you aren't looking for PVP in the right areas I don't see how you are naturally going to find it.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

Not PvP, but still cool:

Loading Video...

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Humanity

@golguin: Well personally I am not looking for PVP as I always thought 9/10 times it was a bad experience. The lag and rubberbanding destroy any semblance of strategy you've built along the way. At least you're no longer fending off a frontal attack and then instantly getting backstabbed anymore - I assume since I haven't had a single PVP experience. I merely find it strange that it's this difficult to find a good match. Just last week there was a news story boasting that Bloodborne sold 1 million units. I find it hard to believe that out of, theoretically, 1 million people playing the game theres just so few of them at around level 150 in NG+ in the very last portion of the game that I can't get matched with them.

@zevvion the butt plunge for the pigs is probably the most satisfying backstab in the entire game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.