Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

Reason for UK release date?

Finalcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Does anyone know why people living in the UK are forced to wait an additional 2 days seeing how the rest of EU gets it on the 25th? These release dates just does not make sense at all and honestly annoy the hell out of me. Just because of this I am forced to evacuate the internet for almost a whole week in fear of spoilers.

Sincerely,

A sad Brit =(

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Mister_V

Probably some stupid deal they had to do with retailers that prevents then selling it before Friday. I know Game have a history of throwing their weight around with stuff like this.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@finalcell: Traditionally media items like games, movies and cds used to all get released on a Friday because it was associated with payday. People have just gotten paid and they'd be happy to drop cash on a new entertainment product because of "that Friday feeling". So shipments are scheduled to get the games to retailers midweek so they have them in time for release.

It's just a relic of a bygone time, though some places (mostly retail) will still pay their staff once a week on a Friday.

Finalcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finalcell: Traditionally media items like games, movies and cds used to all get released on a Friday because it was associated with payday. People have just gotten paid and they'd be happy to drop cash on a new entertainment product because of "that Friday feeling". So shipments are scheduled to get the games to retailers midweek so they have them in time for release.

It's just a relic of a bygone time, though some places (mostly retail) will still pay their staff once a week on a Friday.

Wow if that is the case I don't even know what to say, we have to wait because the retailers think they have a bigger chance of selling games if the release day aligns with payday? Haha, that is so absurd I can't do anything except laugh. In my world I would buy the game on payday regardless of when the game is released, but I guess it's like you said "a relic from a bygone time".

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finalcell: There's a pretty good Eurogamer article from a year or two back that covers the subject pretty well.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

All this does is make people resort to buying prepaid PSN gift cards for the US PSN and then downloading it from there... Which just cuts the retailers who probably initiated this out of the loop entirely. Different release dates for different regions is so archaic I can't believe it's something we still have to put up with for such a trivial product to manufacture - even worse that digital releases must abide to the dates for literally no reason other than to appeal physical shops. Makes me hope they all go outta business some day.

Substance_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because Murica!

Finalcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bollard said:

All this does is make people resort to buying prepaid PSN gift cards for the US PSN and then downloading it from there... Which just cuts the retailers who probably initiated this out of the loop entirely. Different release dates for different regions is so archaic I can't believe it's something we still have to put up with for such a trivial product to manufacture - even worse that digital releases must abide to the dates for literally no reason other than to appeal physical shops. Makes me hope they all go outta business some day.

And in this case it doesn't even end there, they follow some ancient ritual from way back when to align the release with "payday". Like a game being released on the same day as I get paid would increase the chance of me buying said game, I would buy it when I had the money regardless of when it was released. I'm trying to wrap my head around the logic used to enforce this, but I'm coming up short.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's what you get when you drive at the wrong side of the road i guess ? It's probably a logistics thing.

Goldone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_v: Dying Light was available digitally for a month before you could buy a physical copy in the UK, in fact most big releases on the EU PSN are available on a Wednesday now as opposed to Fridays in stores. I only know this because on my way home from work the past few weeks I've seen posters up in GAME saying that such and such game is available for download now and you can get the credit to buy it in store.

Also I don't get what's funny about the Friday/payday thing. After I've paid all of my bills at the start of the month I am a lot more likely to buy something like a game so I can work my budget out from there as opposed to the middle of the month where my money is typically tighter.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.