Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

Save Data Corrupted

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

My launch PS4 has some issues. Whenever I do not turn it on for a week or so, it simply refuses to turn on at all. I'll have to keep trying for a couple of hours until it finally manages to turn on. It also sometimes powers down for no reason. You may have guessed by the thread title, this happened during me playing Bloodborne. This happened a couple of times and I didn't lose anything, but just now it happened 3 times in a row for some reason, and the final time did it.

I booted Bloodborne and it said: 'Save Data has been corrupted'. I just checked before this happened, I had 18 hours and 51 minutes into the game. After punching several babies in the face, I had accumulated enough courage to start a new game. However, it now said: 'Recreate Save Data?' I thought: '... Hell yes! Get my data back!'

Unfortunately, this apparently meant it wiped any data that was left completely. Couldn't even select Load Game. So if this happens to anyone else, you may want to select no? I'm not sure.

In the end, I was able to pull a two day old file from the cloud (if only Sony's cloud was as good as Microsoft's I didn't lose anything). I guess I'll start manually uploading to the cloud every time now too. Anyone had a similar experience?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Supposedly the 2.50 firmware has a chance to fuck up your save data, fun stuff.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Oh that's fantastic. Well, at least I'm running through the parts I already did with speed. I played for about 2 hours now, and I only need to clear one more area before I'm back where I was. Pretty sweet, doing 10 hours of progress in 3 or so. It wasn't as bad as I thought. Still, I'm going to triple back up all my stuff from now on. USB and manual cloud storage.

vaportra1l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I had something similar happen where it said my install wasn't complete and it couldn't load my data. I ended up making a new game, playing until the first lamp or whatever, going back to the hunters sanctuary, then exiting and selecting load. I was then able to load back into my game.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I had a thing where my game crashed in the final area of Child of Light, and corrupted my save. Looking up the error code, it was just "a thing" with the PS4 that happened way more with some games. Of course, that was the one game my PS4 decided to never upload my save to cloud storage over the week I played it.

Never trust that automatic cloud save feature.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.