Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

What's a good replacement for saw cleaver?

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

So far, I've killed 3 bosses and my saw cleaver is +3.

I have tried Kirkhammer. It's good and all but it's a little bit slower than saw cleaver so I'm not really digging it.

What is a good replacement for saw cleaver? Can anyone give me a suggestion?

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Personally I really like the Hunters Ax. It's just as fast as the saw blade but it does a bit more damage then the saw cleaver at +3. When you transform the ax it gains more range and the first light attack is a horizontal swipe that is good for hitting multiple enemies at once.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Ludwig's Holy Blade is still doing it for me. It's as fast as the Saw Cleaver roughly, unless you change modes in which case it is a greatsword powerhouse. But not that much slower than the Saw Cleaver's second mode. And it does tons of damage, even on my Skill build.

Windir2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@nohthink: I started with the saw cleaver and the only weapon i've been happy with since is Ludwig's Holy Blade. It's still slower, but once you get the hang of it it's a great weapon.

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I like the Threaded Cane. It's slightly slower, but I much prefer the whip form's reach and crowd control to the saw cleaver's alternate.

Blommer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I beat the game with the saw cleaver, I think it's amazing in it's non-transformed staged because of how fast it is. Truth be told I didn't try all the different weapons though, just some of the, and the ones I tried I liked less than the saw cleaver.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.