Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

Which ending did you get? (Spoilers)

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

Finished the game, and as such I went to look up what I missed. A surprising amount. I missed like 20% of the game. Didn't even encounter a single Oath, never got the weapon that fitted my build, skipped a few bosses and more.

Surprisingly, I did get the 'true' ending, apparently. There are 3 endings, one of which seems incredibly unfulfilling. When you go to Gehrman and choose to submit your life, the credits will roll without any boss fight. I choose to refuse him, in which case you need to fight him (which btw, the most challenging boss in the game for me. Very fun fight). But, apparently because I had 3 umbilical cords used, I also had to fight Moon Presence.

Pretty funny that I stumbled into that, while being completely oblivious to other parts of the game.

Which ending did you get?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I didn't just randomly find it but also the secret ending. Gehrman doesn't care if you've got 1500 health apparently, at least not when you also have 90 insight.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-582d227526464
    deactivated-582d227526464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I got just the gehrman fight (no moon presence), because I thought he was saying DO YOU WANT TO FIGHT THE END BOSS? I had other things I wanted to check so I said refuse naturally, I had no idea it would alter my endgame. I'm glad I did though, gehrman is a very cool boss fight, although he was nearly impossible for me so I parried him A LOT. Do you have to beat gehrman and moon presence one after the other or are they treated as separate fights?

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

@claybrez said:

I got just the gehrman fight (no moon presence), because I thought he was saying DO YOU WANT TO FIGHT THE END BOSS? I had other things I wanted to check so I said refuse naturally, I had no idea it would alter my endgame. I'm glad I did though, gehrman is a very cool boss fight, although he was nearly impossible for me so I parried him A LOT. Do you have to beat gehrman and moon presence one after the other or are they treated as separate fights?

One after the other, but you can die to the Moon Presence and suffer no penalty outside of, well, dying.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just did the secret ending apperently, which was nice! Man the Gehrman fight was hard for me, i used every item that did damage to that guy. The final boss was a joke though, i didn't have much trouble with that guy.

In true souls fashion, I have no idea what to make of the story. Was that thing at the end the doll picks up me? Im so confused.

Fun game

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave:

Fighting your mentor in a field of white lilies?
    What a thrill.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

Just the "normal" ending. Thought that there was probably something to do with the umbilical cords, but at that point I just wanted to finish it because it was taking over my life for the past few days. Glad to see a final boss fight that isn't a complete joke, too.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By RonGalaxy

I beat gehrman with 0 blood viles. Granted it took a while, but he's easy once you get a pattern down. I got the ending where the hunter turns into a squid thing and the doll picks you up and says "good hunter". What a weird fucking game

And I think I'm actually gonna play ng+ with bloodborne. Didn't do that in dark souls because I felt like I got my fill by the end.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@claybrez: You fight Moon Presence immediately without break after fighting Gerhman. However, if you die to Moon Presence you'll awaken in Hunter's Dream again. If you go through the fog door where you fought Gerhman, you'll just fight Moon Presence again instead.

@takayamasama: That's how I took it. Pretty sure you are the new 'Great One', though I have no idea why. I didn't really understand the story, like I never do. I'll go read what it was about. Seems interesting though.

I beat gehrman with 0 blood viles. Granted it took a while, but he's easy once you get a pattern down. I got the ending where the hunter turns into a squid thing and the doll picks you up and says "good hunter". What a weird fucking game

And I think I'm actually gonna play ng+ with bloodborne. Didn't do that in dark souls because I felt like I got my fill by the end.

Yeah, Gerhman is easily the best bossfight in the game. I didn't count, but I think I died 8 or 9 times to him. But once I got his moves down, I killed him with surgical precision. I did use some vials though, but man it felt awesome from being completely wrecked to being in complete control. It's really too bad he is the only boss that was challenging in that way.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Just did the secret ending apperently, which was nice! Man the Gehrman fight was hard for me, i used every item that did damage to that guy. The final boss was a joke though, i didn't have much trouble with that guy.

In true souls fashion, I have no idea what to make of the story. Was that thing at the end the doll picks up me? Im so confused.

Fun game

Yes. It's not 100% confirmed but the running theory is that when you kill the Moon Presence you become the child that was supposed to be Yharnam's, (that being the woman in white before Wet Nurse). It's like the Dark Lord ending in Dark Souls where you take your newfound power and fuck off to be ruler. Only now you're a Great One.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.