With Dark Souls 3 now out officially, would you like to see Vinny finish Bloodborne?

• 67 results
Posted by FesteringNeon (2288 posts) 2 years, 11 months ago

Poll: With Dark Souls 3 now out officially, would you like to see Vinny finish Bloodborne? (421 votes)

Yes 71%
No 24%
What's a blood echo? 10%
No Caption Provided

I'm sure it's been discussed, but let's find out the interest level!

Can we get enough votes to make it happen? I feel like the game has now been out long enough and we're due to have another series by Vinny if he's up to it for Premium content now that they're wrapping up the MGS series. Please?

#52 Posted by JohnyMyko (1837 posts) -

No, please no. There's already too much Bloodbourne/"Souls Games" content on the site and I don't think those games are fun to watch anyway.

@humanity said:
@bollard said:

I'd much rather see a new Project BEAST-esque series by Vinny where they play Factorio as a team.

Ironically after Project BEAST I'm really ready for them to play some action based game. I loved the Kerbal stuff at first, but later on when it became hours of sitting in orbit time accelerating episode after episode is when the series started to really fall off for me. I wouldn't mind getting back to a series where something a little more involved was happening on the screen. I think Factorio looks cool but I can see that becoming very samey very quickly.

Same here! I still have a few episodes to catch up. I love GBEast and enjoy that series but those later episodes are a drag to watch, I get tired of it really quick.

@csl316 said:

Mass Effect.

Let's do Mass Effect on this site.

I fully support this idea. Specially since I think at least Vinny and Austin enjoy it (can't remember Alex's opinion on it).

#53 Posted by Shindig (4835 posts) -

Did Brad ever return to the series after his USB stick fried?

#54 Posted by ArbitraryWater (15669 posts) -

I'm not a big fan of watching people play though games I have already played pretty extensively myself. For as much as I loved Vinny's triumph over the original Dark Souls, I've played Bloodborne too recently to want to watch someone else go through it.

Besides, I'm still waiting for the GBeast playthrough of Sonic '06.

#55 Posted by Sysyphus (183 posts) -

Vinny and GBeast crew should do what they want

That being said I vote yes!

#56 Posted by csl316 (14946 posts) -

@csl316 said:

Mass Effect.

Let's do Mass Effect on this site.

This is something I'd really, really love. ME is a big last gen blind spot for me. Seeing a playthrough with people who seem to really love the series sounds like an excellent introduction to that world ahead of the release of Andromeda. If any of these votes actually counted for anything, this is where mine would go.

That's actually why it came to mind. Metal Gear Scanlon was pretty much born because it was Drew's blind spot and a new game was on the horizon. And although they are RPG's, they're not absurdly long (my playthroughs were between 20-30 hours each before DLC). Although Andromeda is a fresh story, there's so much to learn about that universe so it'd be a fine primer for people that missed it.

Plus, you're basically working on social links so it's the closest we'll get to a true Endurance Run successor.

#57 Posted by MATATAT (1224 posts) -

I don't really like watching people play games that don't have stories to them. Yes I know DS* and Bloodborne have stories but they very much leave it up to the player to explore.

@csl316 mentioned Mass Effect, and honestly I'd probably be more interested in watching someone else playing that game than actually playing it.

#58 Posted by Veektarius (6407 posts) -

I'm not a big fan of Dark Souls, but watching Dark Souls has always been kind of interesting for me because from one player to the next there's a big variety in how they play the game. Bloodborne doesn't have that variety and as such I don't think that watching more people play it has much entertainment value for me.

#59 Posted by mordukai (8516 posts) -

@yummylee said:

No, I never get much enjoyment out of watching people play games I've played myself and am overly familiar with.

This and I would like to also add that I don't like watching people games I haven't played. Maybe it's why I have yet to take the plunge into GB Premiumland.

My thought on this whole trend is, why not just have a few friends over with beer and whatever they see fit to pass the time, and have a gaming session. I would get much more enjoyment out of it.

#60 Posted by JosephKnows (470 posts) -

I sorta remember Alex saying either he hasn't played any of the games or has only played an hour or two of the first Mass Effect. He has also expressed interest in playing it. Vinny and Austin really like the ME trilogy. The games are only around 30 hours long if you just focus on the main stuff. It'd be perfect for a continued Playdate series if the GBEAST crew are more interested in playing something else than Bloodborne.

#61 Posted by malrock (185 posts) -

While I think it would be awesome I just don't think Vinny is feeling or liking that game much so I wouldn't want him to play another 30 hours of something he won't enjoy lol

#62 Posted by Tennmuerti (9448 posts) -

@mordukai said:
@yummylee said:

No, I never get much enjoyment out of watching people play games I've played myself and am overly familiar with.

This and I would like to also add that I don't like watching people games I haven't played. Maybe it's why I have yet to take the plunge into GB Premiumland.

Wait I don't get it.

You don't like watching people play games you have played. And you also don't like watching people play games you haven't played. That's how this reads, that you don't like watching people play any games period. Maybe a misquote?

#63 Edited by yinstarrunner (1314 posts) -

I'd rather them get back to "Choose our own Adventure" or whatever that feature is called. And, of course, the Vinnyvania train must go on!

#64 Posted by malrock (185 posts) -

@mordukai said:
@yummylee said:

Wait I don't get it.

You don't like watching people play games you have played. And you also don't like watching people play games you haven't played. That's how this reads, that you don't like watching people play any games period. Maybe a misquote?

Also a little weird since Giant Bomb is about watching the personalities and people we like play games? To be fair though he did say that maybe that's the reason he hasn't become a premium member

#65 Edited by WhatsHisFace (745 posts) -

He said it in a previous Dark Souls 3 video that he bounced off real hard off of Bloodborne so I don't think it would be a good idea to make him play it. But, if there's a game he wants to go back to, I would watch him play that.

#66 Posted by JJBSterling (582 posts) -

I'd actually like to see the Dark Souls 2 video feature, "We're Playing Dark Souls Too!", return. Maybe I just forgot if Vinny finished that playthrough offline but I was rewatching the short lived series and was kinda bummed to hear them say they would take a "quick break" before returning, which was about two years ago.

#67 Posted by Undeadpool (6914 posts) -

I mean...you're basically asking me "Would you like to see/hear Vinny's reaction to getting grabbed by the invisible amygdala?" and the answer to that is: yes.

#68 Posted by SethMode (1890 posts) -

@shindig: I believe he did, and IIRC ME3 was maybe his GOTY that year? Post DLC of course.

Personally, I am happy to watch Vinny play anything, so I voted yes...but, having said that, there is a bunch of BB/Souls content on this site. ME would be a fun ride, but that seems like quote an endeavor.

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
#69 Edited by Do_The_Manta_Ray (1629 posts) -

Look, the more Vinny, the better. I feel like someone should collect a tax each time that phrase is uttered.

Vinny playing Dark Souls is among the best things that ever happened to this site. As for Vinny playing Bloodborne, it doesn't take an imaginative mind to figure that it could be pretty special in it's own right.

Whether or not he "finishes" it, I'd just like to see him play a bit more of it, and see what it has to offer. I'm pretty convinced it's a game he'll really come to like, and that's always a fun thing to see. Should he decide it's not for him, then hey, let's just move on to something else.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.