Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Blue Dragon

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Aug 28, 2007

An epic RPG from Final Fantasy creator Hironobu Sakaguchi that follows the journey of three friends - Shu, Kluke and Jiro - as they use newfound magical powers to challenge the evil, tyrannical wizard Nene.

Is Blue Dragon Worth Playing?

mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mattysen

I bought it about a year ago, because it was £5 from £20, and I thought "what the fuck". This was also when I bought ten other games of which I have all completed; Lost Odyssey and Eternal Sonata amongst them. But I have a felling I will just waste my time with Blue Dragon. The weird thing is, that I was super pumped about Blue Dragon before it came out -- I loved the art style, Mistwalker looked promising and the demo played well. However after poor reviews saying terrible story, flat characters, cringe-worthy voice acting and most of all being all out generic and unmemorable.  
    On top of that, I'm kind of sick of the +3 attitude after finishing Eternal Sonata.  

Well what do you think? Should I invest hours into this or plunge it into the "to be sold" bin      

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.

If you don't mind old school 16bit RPGs, which Blue Dragon pretty much is, then you will love the game.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By flaminghobo

It's a good game just gets a bit boring if you play too much of it at once.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By luce

If you want a classic JRPG that looks pretty you should definitely get it

The characters are really goofy but as long as you don't take it too seriously it should be entertaining

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By nail1080
    @JJOR64 said:
    " Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.  If you don't mind old school 16bit RPGs, which Blue Dragon pretty much is, then you will love the game. "
    yeah what he said, only play it if you have a lot of free time on your hands and if you want to play a game which requires very little effort
    thwak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By thwak

Dude if you made it through Eternal Sonata I don't see why you wouldn't like Blue Dragon.

mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By mattysen
    @JJOR64: I do love my 16 bit JRPG style games, alright I'll play it for an hour and see how it is
    killerrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By killerrabbit
    @mattysen: So how did it go? Just got it real cheap and wondering whether it's worth it....
    fourby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By fourby

Ive finished Lost Odyssey and I'm currently playing Eternal Sonata with my girlfriend. Although Blue Dragon does fall flat in a lot of areas, I loved the class-based combat enough to stick it out. By the very end of the game it was starting to wear on me, so take that as you will.

lucas_kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lucas_kelly

I wanted to like it, but I couldn't get over how childish the game was.

Miss_Kay_1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Miss_Kay_1987

I was recommended Blue Dragon, and it took me a while to properly get into in. I'm onto the second disk now and I'm finding it easier to play as a lot more has happened in the story. The voice acting is atrocious, but I put it onto Japanese with English subtitles and I find it more bearable. :)

audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By audiosnag

I tried to get into that game...lord knows i tried.
    I had to give up.

verflucht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By verflucht

Blue Dragon is one of my favourite 360 games. Like a poster above, I had to change the audio from english to japanese. The kids were bad enough, but Marumaro is the SINGLE worst character in all of gaming. Seriously game-breaking. I wish this game would get a sequel, but I am in a distinct minority of being a huge fan of the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.