Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Blur

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 25, 2010

Bizarre Creations' Blur mixes the driving of the Project Gotham Racing series with explosive weaponry and allows players to race up to 20 online opponents.

I hate racing games.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By musubi

.... and yet.  I downloaded the demo today and I can't quit playing.  Seriously,  I don't know what it is but  I've never shouted at the TV  ( in a good way) this much more than I have playing online with Blur Demo.    Crazy how this game was getting panned so hard and Bizzare creations actually turned it into something that is  the best Mario Kart rip off since Mario kart.

I plan on getting this Friday with trades.   I'll see y'all online!

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ISuperGamerI

It's a good thing you like the game, I also want to buy it. :)

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Seppli

Cartman's Got It Right - All Gingers are Evil! Bobby Kotick's living proof.
     Cartman's Got It Right - All Gingers are Evil! Bobby Kotick's living proof.

Definitely gonna get it - as soon as the price drops. It's not like I wouldn't pay full price for a Bizarre Creations game. I just don't want to support Activision's pricing policy. Games should get cheaper for the consumer and be enjoyed by a larger audience. How do they intend to push AAA gaming out of the hardcore niche with their '10 $ more expensive than it should be' day 1 price tag? 

The day Blur came out, I got me Alpha Protocol. Definitly a way worse game and I'm more of an online multiplayer game player than a singleplayer kinda guy these days - so Blur is definitely more down my alley. But - Blur's got a 99$ pricetag and Alpha Protocol is priced at 79$. Guess what I got (in a spur of the moment kinda thing). Jep - Alpha Protocol. I blame Activision for that. If Blur was priced accordingly, I definitely would have gotten it instead. 

Now I won't get it until the price drops. Other things will come along. I might never get it. Funny thing is, if that fat fucker of a CEO wouldn't have opened his stupid blabber mouth about selling their games more expensive, I wouldn't even have noticed. God how I hate that dumb fucker.
    YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By YoungFrey
    @Seppli said: 
     Could you tell me what you are talking about?  Is this a PC thing?  All I did was pre-order from Amazon and it was $50 ($10 pre-order credit is ubiquitous at Amazon) for the 360.
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By musubi
    @YoungFrey:  I think he may live in Australia as game prices are ridiculous there.   I honestly salute any Australian gamer out there they have to put up with so much crap.

http://www.ebgames.com.au/xbox360-148266-Blur-Xbox-360

As you can see on the AU  Gamestop site its listed at 88$.  

Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Virago

Yay blur! I've heard great things about it. I used to love racing games, but then due to certain circumstances, I hate them now. Maybe I'll give Blur a chance, it sounds cool.

@Demoskinos: Agreed. I'm moving there, and am going to have my family buy me video games and ship them over. lol.

owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By owl_of_minerva

For gaming in Australia UK imports and Play-Asia are generally the way to go. Full-price games are ridiculous, edging into $110 territory D:

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I know tons of people who won't touch a racing game but will have great fun with kart racers.

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By YoungFrey
    @Demoskinos said:
    " @YoungFrey:  I think he may live in Australia as game prices are ridiculous there.   I honestly salute any Australian gamer out there they have to put up with so much crap.   http://www.ebgames.com.au/xbox360-148266-Blur-Xbox-360  As you can see on the AU  Gamestop site its listed at 88$.     "
    That would explain it.  Adjusting for currency $88AUD is still $75USD.  I find even $60USD too high.  With sales tax where I live that is $65.  I like to stick around $40, but if I'm excited I'll go up to $50. 
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Seppli
    @YoungFrey said:

" @Seppli said:   Could you tell me what you are talking about?  Is this a PC thing?  All I did was pre-order from Amazon and it was $50 ($10 pre-order credit is ubiquitous at Amazon) for the 360. "

Bobby Kotick said something along the lines of 'PC gamers should pay as much for a game as console players' and 'All games should get more expensive'. 

Generally all Activision PC games are 10$ more expensive than the competition and all console games never have lower pricetag on day 1. Prices stay high forever. CoD 4 didn't get a platinum release yet. List price for CoD 4 is still at 69$ for consoles. Around my parts, release day pricetags for standard edition games range between 99$ and 79$. Platinum games are 49$ (scandalous - our platinum games are as expensive as America's day 1 prices).  Activision console games never release at a price under 99$. Even if it's a niche title like Blur. High pricetags hurt new IPs. High pricetags suck the life out of me. I'm not gonna pay more just because he says I should. I say - fuck you! Haven't bought an Activision game in years.  Actually I just checked my library. Didn't buy an Activion game for this console generation. Only thing they got out of me is World of Warcraft & Addons & Subscription fees for about 3 year... hmmm... now that I think of it. They got quite a coin there from me. Sons of bitches!

I hate that son of bitch with a passion. So much. God damn blabber mouth.
    YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By YoungFrey
    @Seppli: It's nice to see somebody actually refuse to buy the high-priced items that bug them.  All to often gamers speak like they don't have a choice in the matter.
    mattbirdy1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By mattbirdy1986

Australia needs a Cex cheap games, and good trade prices ..... 

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Seppli
    @YoungFrey: 

Dude - I just hate earning money sooo much, it extends to spending it too. Not buying something is easy. 

If I could successfully, I'd be plundering and pillaging and raping my way through this life. But I figured, that got no future. 

Damn to hell I wasn't born a viking or hun or whatever predatious tribes roamed this earth back in the day. 

I'd also settle with being a Russian Gun-Bear when I respawn Hindu-style in the future. 

Turbofirejames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Turbofirejames
    @YoungFrey said:
    " @Seppli: It's nice to see somebody actually refuse to buy the high-priced items that bug them.  All to often gamers speak like they don't have a choice in the matter. "
    Well stated boss. Everybody acts like paying high prices is a forgone conclusion, but people have a choice. People bitch about DLC and hardware add on prices, but once they purchase said items they provide positive reinforcement for the behavior. wow rant.
    Blur is awesome and I would recommend it to anyone. I am level 34 online right now and 15 single player. This game is engrossing both online and off. I have nothing but good things to say about it.
    landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By landon

I hate Animal Crossing, yet I somehow keep coming back to it.

Avatar image for artificialstupidity
    ArtificialStupidity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Seppli said:
    " @YoungFrey: 

Dude - I just hate earning money sooo much, it extends to spending it too. Not buying something is easy. 

If I could successfully, I'd be plundering and pillaging and raping my way through this life. But I figured, that got no future. 

Damn to hell I wasn't born a viking or hun or whatever predatious tribes roamed this earth back in the day. 

I'd also settle with being a Russian Gun-Bear when I respawn Hindu-style in the future. 

"

Your first paragraph rings true. Earning money isn't easy, hence spending it shouldn't be easy either. For me, well... I can burn through my wallet without a second thought, and then I regret it.

I'm still going to buy Blur, though. If I can get a good value on trade-ins, that is.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.