Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

1.3GB update released this week, and I still haven't played this game.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

In case anyone didn't know (or maybe even notice), a 1.3GB update was launched to Steam for Borderlands 2 yesterday. There are no patch notes for what the patch is, but Randy Pitchford has apparently said there is some kind of announcement tomorrow about something.

Whether the two are related is not known at all, but the update reminded me of something: I haven't really played Borderlands 2 at all. I mean, I started the game a few times, and I think I made it to level 11 or so. It was just...boring. Insanely boring. The first game had a pretty solid, brisk pace. The second one, however, just never quite clicked with me, and it's sad. I've heard a lot of people say great things about it. Because of this, I felt a pretty hard detachment from the series and didn't check out Pre-Sequel at all. I felt the same way about Darksiders 2 when I first played it - literally kept falling asleep while playing it because of boredom - until I saw the Giant Bomb Quick Look for the Warmastered Edition of the first Darksiders. It led me to reinstall Darksiders 2 two days ago, and I've been chugging away at it and enjoying it (despite still fighting a fit of boredom here and there - that game has some serious pacing issues).

There is a rumor that the update could be related to possible mod support, which I think would be pretty damn incredible for something like Borderlands as a whole. Nonetheless, maybe this update has sparked my interest once again and I'll actually give Borderlands 2 a steady go?

ExK4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Borderlands 2 actually made tons of sense to me once you were super high level and had tons of abilities that were all working together. Without that it's super fucking dry though.

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
    RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Use cheat engine in order to level up much faster as well as set all the drop rates for epic and legendary loot. I played the piss out of the Xbox version, so I didn't have the patience to farm for all my shit again. When it comes to characters/classes, Zer0 is one such character I had a real difficult time getting in to due to the fact he doesn't really shine until True Vault Hunter Mode (the second time through). Gaige is my favorite by a long shot. All you have to do is summon DeathTrap and let him/it do the killing. The only thing about DeathTrap is he's not very viable in UVHM. You'll have to switch tactics when engaging enemies.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I bounced off of both Borderlands games almost immediately for this exact reason, @jakob187. The first is definitely a little tighter, but I found both to be, as @exk4 already described, rather dry.

Both entries are better with cooperative teammates, but if the player characters don't stay at a very close level the game gets unbearably lopsided in the AI's favor.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

They're turning it into a MOBA since Battleborn was so successful.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

VR update?

I guess I should probably get through Borderlands 1 then. If anyone that hasn't played it yet wants to go through Borderlands 1 together in co-op, PM me!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashflood_29: I didn't even consider a potential VR update. That would be a bit weird, but cool.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jakob187:

Borderlands 2 is tied with Mass Effect 2 for my favorite game of the last console generation. I went through it with three other friends and absolutely loved the game. But yeah, it loses a lot when you're playing alone.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

all of the faces are clean now

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it's the foundation patch.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashflood_29 said:

VR update?

That sounds like a vomit train I'm not ready to ride.

Nixamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Nixamo  Online

Don't get too excited guys. It was a Steam bug that caused multiple games to "lose" DLC license data. The BL 2 download was the pirate and Torgue DlC's being re-installed after the bug was fixed.

From the reddit post OP linked to:

[Probably fixed now] If you're missing Captain Scarlett and Mr. Torgue's DLCs, here's why

Reposting from another thread to save people some redownloading:

It's a change on the Steam backend causing some oddly configured DLC depots to get dropped from the base app. This is not caused by the devs, so please do not blame them.

Redownloading will not help, because the information necessary to download and unlock the DLC files has temporarily been removed.

Other potentially affected games (check their SteamDB depots page for the "hasdepotsindlc" key at the bottom): https://steamdb.info/changelist/2494649/

(Do try to get the devs' attention somehow, though. This is something they can work around relatively easily.)

Update: Valve rolled back the changes, and it should be working properly now.

bizmarkiefader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Booooooo

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, today is December 1st, which also happens to be the day of The Game Awards, and Randy Pitchford still said something is being announced today. Soooo... Gearbox is announcing something at The Game Awards, it would seem.

Sad that it wasn't anything dope for Borderlands 2. In other news, Darksiders 2 is going swimmingly, and I'm really enjoying it. Shame it takes so long to get moving.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Honestly I'd rather see a borderlands 3 announcement instead of a borderlands 2 update, so I'm kind of glad it's seemingly not related to 2. Watch it be neither now with my luck :( if it's battleborn related I'll be real disappointed.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

We'll get to build bases we'll never see again.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@mezza said:

Honestly I'd rather see a borderlands 3 announcement instead of a borderlands 2 update, so I'm kind of glad it's seemingly not related to 2. Watch it be neither now with my luck :( if it's battleborn related I'll be real disappointed.

What if, in a very Borderlands way, the Borderlands 3 announcement was announced by doing a quest in Borderlands 2?

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@zirilius: I'd be okay with that. They already left on a cliffhanger so filling that out a bit more would be cool.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.