Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

Anybody else having trouble finding public games?

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Hizang

So I've tried to play public games almost every time I start playing, I set it to public and just play the game while I wait. So I'm a decent length into the game and now at eval 15, I also just started the DLC, it has only happened once, why are people not joining my games?

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hizang

@dudeglove: I'm playing the DLC right now, I assumed I would find plenty of games there, but nope.

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
    ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

@dudeglove said:

@Hizang said:

@dudeglove: I'm playing the DLC right now, I assumed I would find plenty of games there, but nope.

Oh, there's your problem then. I fear most people playing the DLC are level 30ish right now, having already completed the game on normal. Come back in 15 levels time.

Shit I'd imagine most people playing the DLC are level 50 so they can get the best loot. I played as my level 50 commando and had no problem with people joining my game.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Cincaid

@Hizang: Quite sure this is a case of "being late to the party". I can't imagine the majority of the player base are around level 15, but more likely like pointed out several levels higher. If I were you I'd leave the DLC for either your second playthrough, or for after beating your second playthrough.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hizang
    @ChadMasterFlash

@dudeglove said:

@Hizang said:

Oh, there's your problem then. I fear most people playing the DLC are level 30ish right now, having already completed the game on normal. Come back in 15 levels time.

Shit I'd imagine most people playing the DLC are level 50 so they can get the best loot. I played as my level 50 commando and had no problem with people joining my game.

When I went in I found a fire SMG that is just fucking mowing down the enemy's, boss's are going down in like 5 seconds. It's Gold!
    jmood88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By jmood88

@Hizang said:

For whatever reason, the DLC mission titles don't show up on the matchmaking screen so if you're on an early story mission, people are probably just seeing that title and skipping past it.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hizang

@jmood88: Oh, well that sucks. But though to be honest I'm on a mission that sounds cool (It's the one where I have to break out Roland)

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By djou

I haven't played any public games but I know for a fact that there are many mid-teen level players out there. Personally, I've started a Gunzerker character who is at level 17.

Its a much more enjoyable experience if you jump into games from your friends list since you'll have the chance to play with the same folks over the course of the game. I imagine there's a lot of random encounters with public games and from my experience with BL1 you can run into jerks who hoard loot.

http://www.giantbomb.com/borderlands-2/61-36055/the-official-borderlands-2-psn-co-op-friendship-badass-thread/35-560460/

I would recommend searching for the GB BL2 mixer list and adding some of those folks. Feel free to drop me a request, PSN: jou321.

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
    RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

i'm encountering the same issues as the OP. my new main character, a mechromancer, is sitting at level 35. i've been open to having random public people since the early 20's. not a single person has joined my game.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By _Zombie_

For some reason, it seems to quickly taper off after your first visit to Sanctuary. At least that's what I've noticed.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hizang

Yesterday during Extra Life I met with two random dudes, they were both great guys and we played through like 4 hours of the DLC and we finished it.

The end of that DLC is crazy!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.