Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

Borderlands 2 Gear Up Weekend

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By recroulette

Gear up for the release of Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt -- the third campaign add-on for Borderlands 2, arriving January 15 -- with special in-game events this weekend!

January 11: The festivities begin today, January 11, with Vault Hunters reporting that various areas of Pandora have seen an influx of powerful shotguns. To join in the fun, simply boot up Borderlands 2 while connected to the internet before the supply runs dry -- based on current conditions, expect the excess to be exhausted at 10:55AM CST / 4:55PM GMT on Saturday, January 12 (What time is that for me?).

January 12:  Today's forecast? EXPLOSIONS! Keep an eye out for powerful grenade mods -- we hear they're rather abundant today. To join in the fun, simply boot up Borderlands 2 while connected to the internet and start looting before the supply runs dry on Sunday, January 13 at 10:55AM CST / 4:55PM GMT (What time is that for me?). 

January 13: If you've been looking for a new sniper rifle, today's your day: a fresh supply of powerful sniper rifles is appearing throughout Pandora! To join in the fun, simply boot up Borderlands 2 while connected to the internet and start looting before the supply returns to normal on Monday, January 14 at 10:55AM CST / 4:55PM GMT (What time is that for me?). 

January 14:  The final day of festivities is upon us, as Pandora grows more dangerous (but also more rewarding) for those adventuring online alongside two or more players in True Vault Hunter Mode* -- should the varkids infesting Tundra Express, Caustic Caverns or Natural Selection Annex survive long enough to enter the pod state multiple times, they stand a far greater chance of morphing into the fearsome Vermivorous the Invincible. However, those that emerge victorious in their struggles against Vermivorous the Invincible also face greater rewards as the legendary Norfleet weapon is far more likely to appear upon his defeat.

Looks like there will be a few daily events going on this week. Not exactly sure what "an influx of powerful shotguns" means. My guess would be increased drop rates. But still, seems like a good reason to fire up the game and see what's going on. Haven't seen a new quest or any kind of explanation in the game so far. Coincides really nicely with the latest patch that fixed the broken shotgun bug.
    Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Subjugation

Actually, it coincides really nicely with me just getting the game during the Winter sales! I'm very curious as to what they mean by "an influx of powerful shotguns" as well. How do we even know what to be looking for? Do you have to be max level to benefit?

Avatar image for somethingclever
    SomethingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By SomethingClever

So far I've just been seeing a lot more shotguns as loot but nothing particularly powerful compared to what I'm already using. I'm not that stoked because I don't use shotguns much. The minecraft shotty I had was good but it's a low level so I'm well beyond it now.

Rhinox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Rhinox

According to Gearbox personnel on their forums, the drop rate for shotties will be improved, as will the overall quality of said shotties.

Chris F on their boards is dropping hints about what is to come.

Rhinox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rhinox

additional note, machines are not included in this. It's all about killing things and looting chests. Machines will not have anything special within.

TehPickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TehPickle

Bah, shotguns! SMGs and Pistols are where it's at, for me.

sean2206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By sean2206

I assume this is on consoles and not just PC and I'm currently playing through it after getting it for Christmas so t=should be fun.

Rhinox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rhinox

It's all handled server side, so there's no update to DL. It's on all systems, you should just find rarer shotguns with more frequency.

Personally, I've nabbed an electric splat shotty that does amazing damage and eats stalkers for lunch.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By golguin

@TehPickle said:

Bah, shotguns! SMGs and Pistols are where it's at, for me.

Pistols and SMGs are my favorite for sure, but I'll see what ups with these new shotties.

morrelloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By morrelloman

Melee everything.

kbondelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By kbondelli

When they say "various areas" do they mean that the drop rates are increased only in certain locations?

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By recroulette

So basically shotguns have a higher drop rate everywhere (common shotguns White-Purple) and may be better than average? Farming for a Deliverance still sucks. So I don't think the drop rate for Orange increased very much. 

Also, on the ticker on the main menu there's a mention of a Bug Hunt Weekend. So that might be tomorrow's event. Or an hilarious typo. 

Never mind. From Gearbox's forums "The increased rarity in shotgun drops applies to all areas in the game, all enemies, and all bosses."

rolanthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By rolanthas

Got a lvl 25 purple shotgun in Lynchwood today, standard mob drop. Dunno if that counts.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By penguindust

@RecSpec said:

Also, on the ticker on the main menu there's a mention of a Bug Hunt Weekend. So that might be tomorrow's event. Or an hilarious typo.

Maybe they'll drop in a few xenomorphs.

A couple of new codes over on orcz.com.

I don't use shotguns unless they have a higher than normal rate of fire. "room broom"

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By golguin

Is the level cap going to be raised? I haven't finished up all the missions in the latest DLC because I want some max level on some story guns.

Swaboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By Swaboo

@golguin said:

Is the level cap going to be raised? I haven't finished up all the missions in the latest DLC because I want some max level on some story guns.

Nah, that's in the next one, apparently.

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17  Edited By granderojo

I tried getting back into this game but my character which is on it's new game + is stuck at the point in the story when sanctuary moves. I would like to play the DLC but going through the underground section is fucking murder, I can't slog through it. Leveling is so slow too. This is rather unfortunate.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By joshthebear

I refuse to boot this unless they raise the drop rates on everything. End game farming for hours, for absolutely nothing worthwhile really soured me.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By recroulette

Grenade mods today. Also people have been saying that Varkids transform a lot quicker. So looks like today is a good day to get a Quasar (from Ultimate Badass Varkids)

Rhinox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Rhinox

I got a couple really nice splatguns last night, early the morning. Looking forward to getting some awesome grenades this afternoon!

knitlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By knitlife

@thabigred: I have a commando around that level and just got back to Sanctuary. Could use a few more levels before going back to the Wildlife Stalker Player Torture Map 2000, send a friend request if you want help getting unstuck.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By recroulette

While it's not the weekend anymore, this is still going. 

Updated with today's event, where varkids transform more often, and a higher chance to get the Norfleet from Vermivorous. I don't think you can do it solo though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.