Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

Borderlands 2 is getting a season pass

• 51 results
    SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=144987

The quick version: $30 season pass for $40 of content. Four campaign add-ons will be included, and will otherwise be priced at $10 each. All four campaigns should be released by June 2013. The free pre-order DLC content (Mechromancer and Slaughter Dome) is NOT part of the the season pass.

Now that Borderlands 2 has gone gold and we've shifted our efforts to post-launch support of the game, we have some exciting news to share about our plans for add-on content.
    After the release of the game, four brand new add-on campaigns for Borderlands 2 are coming your way, featuring new areas to explore, new adventures to undertake, new enemies to overcome and more. Priced individually at 800 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360 and $9.99 on PC and PlayStation 3, these four campaign add-ons are scheduled to hit by June 2013 with more details to come in the future.
    Soon we'll be offering a "Season Pass" bundle that includes all four campaign add-on packs for 2400 Microsoft Points on Xbox 360 and $29.99 on PC and PlayStation Network -- a savings of 25% over buying each campaign add-on individually. The Borderlands 2 Season Pass will be available through Steam, PlayStation Network and Xbox Live and will also be available at GameStop.
    NOTE: The Borderlands 2 Premiere Club and other pre-order items are not included in the Borderlands 2 Season Pass.

And here are some official answers to fan questions:

Why isn't Mechromancer included?

Mechromancer isn't included in Season Pass because a) the Mechromancer is a new character class, not a full-fledged add-on campaign like the rest of the Season Pass content and B) Mechromancer comes free with a pre-order from a Premiere Club retailer so we didn't want fans to pay for something they may already have. For those that don't get her free with a pre-order, the Mechromancer will be available for individual purchase the same time she's made available to Premiere Club members.

Why such a long development window?

The exact specifics of what will be released when is still being worked out and dependent on the development process, but the plan is to have the last one out by June 2013.
    There are roughly 10 months between Borderlands 2 entering certification and the beginning of June 2013.
    To give you some context, with the first Borderlands, the Zombie Island, Mad Moxxi and General Knoxx DLCs were all developed and available within roughly 4 months of launch. For Borderlands 2, June 2013 is around 8 months after launch.
    Also, they're not all releasing at the same time. They will be released as they're finished, with the plan to have the last of the four done and out the door by June 2013.

If you do a 5th DLC campaign, will you alter the season pass and include it anyway?

Right now, the plan is to develop four campaign add-ons.
    Once those are complete, the development team will likely take a break to catch their breath and consider what to do next -- but until we're at that point, I really can't say.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I'll get because I'm going to be getting that DLC anyway. It's still kind of bullshit that the Mechromancer isn't included.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Justin258

Eh. I got one of the DLC for the game on the 360 and couldn't make myself play it, and got the whole game and all the DLC for dirt cheap on Steam and only beat the Zombie DLC (and hated that one) but I still liked the main game.

For this one, I'll probably get the main game at some point but I'll wait for the DLC to drop to near nothing on a Steam sale (which is where I'll be getting it, if I get it).

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#4  Edited By BeachThunder

Nooope. DLC was very hit or miss last time; Moxxi was garbage, Knoxx was great, the other two weren't bad.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@Irvandus said:

I'll get because I'm going to be getting that DLC anyway. It's still kind of bullshit that the Mechromancer isn't included.

No, it's kind of great. The Mechromancer is a FREE pre-order bonus. If it was included in a season pass that you were going to buy anyway, then it would invalidate your bonus. Gearbox is on the right track when they say "we didn't want fans to pay for something they may already have."

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By xyzygy

I wouldn't want the Mechromancer to be included because that meant I hauled my ass up to EB and pre-ordered the game for nothing. I'll be getting the season pass.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

This is a season pass actually worth buying. The DLC output for BL1 was amazing for the most part, and I'm sure what they have in store can only be better.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Vinny_Says

Well if simply looking at their past record it's safe to say one of those DLCs won't be a fucking skin pack or a level cap increase. Then again I remember reading that Borderlands 2 vanilla would last a very long time if you were going to complete every side-quest.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xyzygy

Also, I REALLY hope they don't take the lazy route and do another Moxxi. That DLC was so shitty, and I hope they learned their lesson from fan feedback.

bigdaddy81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By bigdaddy81

I will definitely be picking up the season pass. Loved all of the DLCs for BL 1 and I see no reason to doubt the quality of the next batch for BL 2.

September 18th can't come soon enough!!

hangedtoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By hangedtoaster

I think the mechromancer is uncluded with every single pre-order bonus if I'm not mistaken? Just checked a few websites and it seems that basically anywhere you pre-order your getting access to the premium club or whatever it's called, so unless your for some reason against preordering than your going to get the mecrhomancer (Unless you just pick it up on day one obviously.) i played the shit out of the first Borderlands and all the dlc that it had to offer, kind of a no brainer to get the season pass myself.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BrockNRolla

I won't be buying another arena battle add-on, but I actually loved the rest of it. The DLC is where I thought Borderlands really came into its own with humor and storytelling.

I'll take a wait and see approach. If they're $10 a piece and even one isn't good, then you've made the right choice.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@hangedtoaster said:

...so unless you're for some reason against pre-ordering than you're going to get the mecrhomancer (Unless you just pick it up on day one obviously.)

There is a difference between pre-order offers and first-run copy offers. I would not just show up to your local game store on day one and expect a free Mechromacer without an actual pre-order.

Catarrhal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Catarrhal

The Secret Armory of General Knoxx is the greatest and best DLC ever made, so, yes, of course it will be worth it to buy the goddamn season pass. And I seriously doubt they'll pull another Mad Moxxi; it seems as if the bullshit GameStop pre-order exclusive (i.e. the "Creature Slaughter Dome") is essentially Moxxi 2.0, so they've already gotten the arena challenges out of the way, I presume.

I have the utmost faith in Gearbox.

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
    deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'll be buying it.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jozzy

I am not willing to take the risk for mere 25% discount. I'll judge the worth of each DLC seperately when they come out.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MezZa

Might as well get it. I planned on picking up every bit of dlc for the game anyway.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BoFooQ

Just so I'm clear none of these 4 planned DLC add-ons are included in the preorder premiere club thing? I preordered from amazon cause I loved the first game and got all the preorder bonus stuff plus five dollars off. As for whether or not I'll buy season pass for DLC I think it depends on when stuff roles out and if I'm still playing, if I have free time, or if I've moved on to another game.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Irvandus said:

Youll get the extra person if you pre order. 
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Borderlands is maybe the one game where the DLC hits the right value. If you put it all together, the DLC for Borderlands 2 should be at least half as good as the main game, considering it costs half as much as the main game. It might actually hit that mark.

Consider the amount of games with 10 dollar DLC that are clearly not even one sixth as good as the main game.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Brodehouse said:
    Borderlands is maybe the one game where the DLC hits the right value. If you put it all together, the DLC for Borderlands 2 should be at least half as good as the main game, considering it costs half as much as the main game. It might actually hit that mark. Consider the amount of games with 10 dollar DLC that are clearly not even one sixth as good as the main game.
    Just...no Mad Moxxie please.  

And hopefully it will get more and more crazy as the DLC comes. Borderlands started KINDA serious and as the DLC hit it just went more and more insane. From the looks of it BL2 will start the main game as just crazy insane shit. 
    GazzaScotland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#22  Edited By GazzaScotland

So the Season Pass is up on Steam, priced at £7.99 so a fair big pricing error so might be worth grabbing it when you can!

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@SpaceInsomniac said:

@Irvandus said:

No, it's kind of great. The Mechromancer is a FREE pre-order bonus. If it was included in a season pass that you were going to buy anyway, then it would invalidate your bonus. Gearbox is on the right track when they say "we didn't want fans to pay for something they may already have."

If the price doesn't get jacked up because of the Mechromancer's inclusion, what would it matter? If you got a pre order/new version code for the new class AND you got it through the season pass, then you can give it to a friend if they don't have it.

Otherwise, if they DID jack up the price for the inclusion, then yes, it would've been a better to not include it. However, whats stopping them from now making skin packs and saying "well they aren't campaign addons so you pay for them seperate."

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MideonNViscera

On the whole BL1 had pretty damn good DLC. It was one of the few games where I was impressed and surprised by how large the DLCs were. Obviously Moxxi sucked, and I didn't particularly care for the zombie one either, but they were at least substantial.

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MrOldboy

@SomeDeliCook said:

@SpaceInsomniac said:

@Irvandus said:

If the price doesn't get jacked up because of the Mechromancer's inclusion, what would it matter? If you got a pre order/new version code for the new class AND you got it through the season pass, then you can give it to a friend if they don't have it.

Otherwise, if they DID jack up the price for the inclusion, then yes, it would've been a better to not include it. However, whats stopping them from now making skin packs and saying "well they aren't campaign addons so you pay for them seperate."

The season pass is technically already a discount. 4 for price of 3. So there is no reason they need to included anything else in it. As SpaceInsomniac said it would make zero sense to include it since they announced the preorder DLC a long time ago. People have since preordered. Hey lets piss those people off and make them cancel as the exclusive thing we were giving them is now part of the discount pass that they will probably also want since they are preordering the game and care.

Yes they could include it at no extra cost very easily, except that would be wrong to those who preordered the game. They supported the game from the get go and should get something extra that others cant get or will have to pay for. Its the best thing to do for fans of the game really. Pitchford said basically this on gamspots now playing thing he was on.

I hate when preorder bonuses are touted as exclusive then go on sale a month after release. At least they've said it is going to be sold right when it is released, preorders just get it for free. Why preorder if its not exclusive? People still get tricked by this though and pay large sums of money for preorder codes on ebay.

Although instead they should have gone the buy new code route and included it with that. The numbers must look good to them where they think they'll not only get a bunch of people preordering, but also buying the mechromancer after release.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By Pie

This is currently £7.99 on steam. Add to inventory as a gift then you can redeem it once Borderlands 2 is out

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@GazzaScotland said:

So the Season Pass is up on Steam, priced at £7.99 so a fair big pricing error so might be worth grabbing it when you can!

That's a ridiculously good deal. I was going to wait for all the DLC to be put on sale, but this makes it just as cheap as it would be to wait.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Hitchenson

Yeah. £7.99's totally worth it. Gotta love pricing errors.

perilator666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By perilator666
    Can’t get enough Borderlands 2?

I don't know. It's NOT FUCKING OUT YET!

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Tennmuerti

@WinterSnowblind said:

@GazzaScotland said:

That's a ridiculously good deal. I was going to wait for all the DLC to be put on sale, but this makes it just as cheap as it would be to wait.

Unfortunately i get an eror when trying to buy it says you need the original content, preorder doesn't count for some reason :/

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Pie

@Tennmuerti: Add it your inventory as a gift and then you're able to add to game library later

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Tennmuerti

@Pie: Thanks.

Now i feel dirty :/

KingofClassy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By KingofClassy

Just got it for that cheap price, now I have the game and the DLC for less than the PC versions base cost!

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#34  Edited By WinterSnowblind

The price has been bumped up to £23 now.

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MrOldboy

Would have jumped on that misprice if I was getting the pc version. I had to go through a proxy to get the cheap price to show up which might be against the steam TOS. I went 360 and then PC for the first game, but I have two friends that want to play coop so I'll be getting the PS3 version. I hope its as good a version of the game as the 360 version. Would much rather play it on PC, but then I'd miss out on the coop, which I completely ignored in the first game.

kinapuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By kinapuff

I honestly didn't mind Moxxi all that much. Claptrap revolution however was atrocious throughout. I hope they've learned their lesson from THAT.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
    SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

I enjoyed all three pieces of DLC I bought for Borderlands (avoided the Mad Moxxi nightmare because of GB, actually), so I'm definitely buying this pass.

I mean, I'd buy every piece anyways so why not?

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Brendan

I bought the GOTY version a while ago and it was great. I'll wait a year for Borderlands 2, I'm in no rush.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#39  Edited By spankingaddict

Will there be an online code ?

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40  Edited By The_Nubster

@SpaceInsomniac said:

@Irvandus said:

I think it would be fan-fucking-tastic if they didn't lock an entire character class behind a pre-order wall. That would be pretty great.

EmuLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By EmuLeader

@xyzygy said:

Also, I REALLY hope they don't take the lazy route and do another Moxxi. That DLC was so shitty, and I hope they learned their lesson from fan feedback.

Well considering that one of the free DLC's sounds just like Moxxi but with experience and items carrying into the main game. And with them calling them "Add-On Campaigns," it makes me much reassured that they will be full content. I really liked the actual campaign DLC they released for the first game.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Sanity

Not getting it, ill buy them as they come out if i want them. Would rather pay 10 bucks more and know what im buying. I trust gearbox but i hate season passes.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#43  Edited By jakob187

$30 for what will (judging by the DLC that was released for the previous game) essentially be a complete other game itself? FUCK YES!

Probably the biggest no-brainer in DLC history! While Underdome Riot was a bust on the last game, the rest of the DLC was all excellent and completely worthwhile. Here's to hoping for repeated success both at launch and in post-launch support for Borderlands 2!

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#44  Edited By ArtisanBreads

You will never get me on a season pass. They almost got me with Saints Row the Third and I had a bad feeling about it and thank god I did. After seeing what they charged and the joke that DLC series ended up being I will never pre pay for DLC.

I'm sticking to being very selective with my DLC purchases. Unless something is really substantial and a good value I just will keep avoiding it and looking elsewhere for my gaming. Besides Undead Nightmare for Red Dead I don't think much other DLC has really been compelling.

rynbeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By rynbeed

I am not sold on a season pass being a deal... How my BL:2 buy will most likely go: Buy the 4 pack of the original game on steam, then wait for the DLC to go on a steam sale and buy it all then for >30 bucks.

Been totally spoiled buy steam and the discounts that they give out during their sale events... =\

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@The_Nubster said:

@SpaceInsomniac said:

@Irvandus said:

I think it would be fan-fucking-tastic if they didn't lock an entire character class behind a pre-order wall. That would be pretty great.

For giving GameStop five dollars, you can pay 55 for the game, and get 15 to 20 dollars worth of DLC for free (Mechromancer & Slaughter dome). If you hate GameStop, you can do the same thing, although without the Slaughter Dome.

If you are sure you will buy the game on day one, then there's no reason not to pre-order. If you want to wait for reviews before you buy, you have 48 hours to pick up your pre-order from the release date. If the reviews aren't good, you can just cancel your pre-order and get your money back.

So then, what is so fan-fucking-tastic about forcing everyone to pay 10 dollars for an extra character developed after the game was finished, instead of giving it away free to reward pre-orders?

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#47  Edited By Mnemoidian

@The_Nubster: It's not "locked" behind any "walls". If you pre-order, you get it. If you don't, you can buy it for $10.

This is the right way to do pre-order bonuses. (Note: I'm not saying that I think pre-order bonuses are a good thing.)

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By penguindust

I'm getting it on the PS3. If the DLC is awesome, I'll pick up the Game of the Year edition with all the DLC included from Steam in a couple of years for the same price as the season pass. That's what I did with Saints Row the Third.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By CptBedlam

Despite the quality of the BL1-DLCs, I'm not willing to pay when I don't know what I'm paying for exactly.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#50  Edited By huntad

@believer258 said:

Eh. I got one of the DLC for the game on the 360 and couldn't make myself play it, and got the whole game and all the DLC for dirt cheap on Steam and only beat the Zombie DLC (and hated that one) but I still liked the main game.

For this one, I'll probably get the main game at some point but I'll wait for the DLC to drop to near nothing on a Steam sale (which is where I'll be getting it, if I get it).

Yeah, I was the dumbfuck that got three of the DLCs before I realized I wouldn't want to play any of it. To this day, I haven't finished any of them. I probably never will.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.