Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

Borderlands 2 killed the first one for me

• 54 results
    D-Man123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By D-Man123

Have you ever played a sequel to a game that improves upon the formula so well it makes the predecessor unplayable? When the game first came out you could have played it relentlessly, but since the sequel, you try to go back to it and it feels dated. This has happened to me for plenty of games and when it happens it's a testament to the developer for completely outdoing their sequel. This is the reason why I can't play Gearbox's RPG, loot farming, fps Borderlands.

I really enjoyed the Borderlands game when it came out back in 2009. The characters were enjoying to play as any character out of any RPG. Being it was the first time I had played a game that was a mix of shooter and RPG and it stuck out in my mind. The fun was always dialed up to eleven when it came to playing with friends online and on the couch. I had some laughs with my friends talking about this game and its hilarity. The first time I saw the caption for Nine Toes saying he also had three balls had me dying. The ability for the characters like Brick's punching with exploding fists to Roland throwing out a turret to assist you in battle by healing you and giving out ammo.

The multiple enemy types and unique enemy types that littered pandora made it feel like it was an actual world. I had hours upon hours of fun playing them all with my Vault Hunter of choice with one of the thousand upon thousand of guns at my disposal. The humor was the best I've seen in a game from a shooter and different from the bro shooters we had on the market flooding the shelves. It didn't take itself too seriously and neither were you supposed to and while lacking an engaging story mode, claptrap being weak, annoying, and unfunny to me. I was able to look past that because the game was a blast to play. It all changed the day the sequel came out.

Borderlands 2 came out and only added to what the first game brought. It took the special abilities and added more flair to it while also fleshed them out and also adding more diversity on how your character was built. The gunplay was tighter and better with their somehow being, even more, guns in this one than the first one. You had a more varied look to guns and even had grenade mods to add flair grenades in the game and made you actually want to use them in combat. Borderlands 2 introduced a new element in corrosive adding a different way to take down enemies. Little touches to the guns made them all feel unique and the distinct ways each gun would look different from Maliwan's color scheme and elemental focus to Dahl's camoflauge finish and sleek design.The abilites of the characters were improved upon and the skill trees added ways for you to have a different experience no matter how you play.

The story was engaging from start to finish with an actual antagonist who you loved to hate. The moment you find out Angel was leading you on the entire two games all for the benefit of Handsome Jack my mind needed to be swept up off the floor. A person I had grown to trust and rely on turns out to be be working for the enemy before I even knew who he was. It took the goofiness and amusement of the last game upped the ante. Who could forget the way Handsome Jack antagonised you all the whole way throughout the game and even bought a diamond pony just to brag about it to you. How you first meet Ellie by crushing a car with the bandit still inside it. Claptrap even managed to not be nearly as annoying this time around and got laughs out of me especially with his birthday party that nobody showed up for and the quest for all the preposterious things he wanted only for you to turn around and find the item transfer box.

I've tried to go back to play the first one, but everytime I try I only yearn to go back to playing the second one again and eventually go back to playing that one. When it comes down to it Borderlands 1 is dwarfed by Borderlands 2 and that doesn't make it bad just antiquated in the way it feels and plays. Do you have a game sequels that comes out and completely improves the game before it and make the game harder to play through? Tell me and share why and also have a wonderful whatever time it is for you.

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Borderlands 2 managed to do more than kill the first game for me. It killed any interest I had in the entire franchise. While it was mechanically superior in a lot of ways I thought the enemy design ranged from okay to infuriating. The story attempting to make out all these murderous psycho vault hunters to be some sort of heroes was ridiculous, and I certainly didn't love to hate Handsome Jack, I just flat out hated him. To the point where I muted the tv every time he opened his obnoxious mouth. Which was about every 3 seconds cause he never shut the fuck up.

I probably spent about half as much time in Borderlands 2 as I did the first one, and that was too much.

pjgut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm with @dudeglove on this one. Sure the gameplay was a bit tighter but the story and humor was trash. I played the game with the same 3 people I played BL1 with and to be honest the lack of story was just fine for us because it was mainly focused around us playing together. When playing BL2 we couldn't care less about what was going on, it was so poorly conveyed with garbage memes that I just couldn't care less what peoples' motivations were. Also the ending was in no way more satisfying than the first, which is to say it wasn't at all.

robbparris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By robbparris

I absolutely loved it. Borderlands is supposed to be fun, and irreverent, and that is exactly what BL2 is. Handsome Jack is a fun character, and one who genuinely makes you want to hate him.

I actually prefered it to 1, by a large margin. The storyline in 1 was pretty much non-existent.

I agree with much of what you say OP, nice to see someone feels the same about 2 as what I do.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

I don't agree with most people here. I think Borderlands 2 is fantastic, I'm still playing it. I thought the story was fun and the characters are downright hilarious and I think they are well written for what they are meant to do. Handsome Jack is one of the most funny villains I've encountered in a videogame where I was actually excited each time he contacted me.

Beyond that, the progression is tons better than the first game. It's near-infinitely replayable. The character builds are much more balanced and meaningful whereas they were just broken in the first game. It's just a more fun game to play on every single level.

I do get why some people wouldn't like it though, but that's every game ever. It has a very distinct thing it does and holds onto it, so if you're not into that, you probably wouldn't have as much fun. Also, it is the only Gearbox game I ever really loved and everything that came out after BL2 was either hot trash or completely not my thing. I'm a bit worried about BL3 because Gearbox has been terrible the past few years. I'm worried they might fuck it up. The way BL2 ends makes me entertain the possibility that it might be some MMO-type hybrid which, while completely viable in a post-Destiny age, I sincerely doubt Gearbox is able to make such a formula work. I don't want to bash them too hard but... I think Gearbox might be kinda sucky. And I think they should stick to what they can do well for BL3 but I'm worried they won't.

civid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Borderlands 2 was so obnoxious, I actually have much fonder memories of the original to be honest. Don't get me wrong, it's still a great game, I've played it for hundreds of hours and would love a proper sequel, but MAN would I wish it did not have the 'tude of a 13 year old boy. At least it was a great podcast game to play on mute, because the music kinda sucked a big blowhole as well.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer both the original and the pre-sequel to 2. Borderlands 1 might be flat out broken at times, but it's broken in a fun way. My Maliwan Hellfire equipped Siren could wreck anything that game could throw at me. The pre-sequel tried enough new stuff and had great Australian accents everywhere. Borderlands 2 had the most obnoxious characters and writing, the bullet-spongiest enemies and the worst loot system of tying legendary drops to specific bosses. I distinctly remember farming B2's final boss for a shotgun. I killed him at least 50 times looking for it and never got it. Oh, I got a super-rare skin for another character from BNK3R though. Great...

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinusoidal: That's RNG. The Pre-Sequel's legendary drop rate is lower than BL2's and is also tied to specific bosses for the most part. Bashing a level-dependent loot grind game for having bullet sponge enemies is super weird. Especially if you call BL2 out for that and not Pre-Sequel which would be the exact same if you were using improper gear.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion: I dunno. Borderlands 2, I quit halfway through TVHM because badass enemies were requiring multiple reloads - even dual wielding with a Gunzerker - to kill and at the same time killed me in one or two shots. I was using gear that was my level. I played 1 and The Pre-Sequel (god what a dumb name) all the way through TVHM and never had that much trouble.

Maybe Borderlands 2 got some balance patches that made it better? I played it near release precisely once and never any of the DLC. I'll be re-visiting the game sometime anyway since I picked it up during the Steam winter sale for about $4.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinusoidal: I'm guessing you had a bad build. Much of that game is speccing for a certain playstyle. It can become an hour-long bossfight if you're not specced right. Regardless, it is the most played Borderlands game, even after the Pre-Sequel came out. It's odd that on this site the majority of people don't like it, at least on the forums, and think the first game is better. You see that almost nowhere else. I honestly think Jeff's opinion is weight there.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Yeah, I had a similar experience with Borderlands 2.

I played a ton of 2 with friends, so once we pretty much completed all content, we decided to play 1 co-op. I had already completed 1, and I liked it (in fact, it was my first platinum). However, going back to it from 2 was almost painful. The worst part, for me, was the UI. Not that 2 didn't have problems in that area, but it is still a much smoother UI than 1. Also, I didn't remembered 1 being so repetitive and short at the time. Everything is a mad max mountainous desert or a dilapidated shanty town.

Also, Borderland 2's story and characters run with advantages over 1, because the first game barely has a story and only a handful of characters that are barely defined. It also has one of the most boring opening chapters. By contrast, most of the Borderlands 2 characters sound like they were written by a bunch of Internet-raised, standup aspiring teenagers, but at least they are written as something.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FrodoBaggins

Sometimes I feel like I'm in the vast minority here because I loved all of Borderlands 2 characters. Handsome Jack, Tiny Tina, Claptrap, all of it.

matmaelstrom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with Borderlands 2 being great. I played all way through 1 recently with a friend, and it really did just make me wanna play 2 instead. 1 felt like a slog most of the time.

Picky_Bugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only game I've ever deleted off my Steam account, well this and Payday 2. I did enjoy the opening cinematic though.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sometimes I feel like I'm in the vast minority here because I loved all of Borderlands 2 characters. Handsome Jack, Tiny Tina, Claptrap, all of it.

You're in a minority on this website because Jeff didn't like it and people copy those opinions like wildfire. General consensus on BL2 in general is very different than it is here.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just thought Borderlands 2 was boring. Not factoring in most of the annoying characters in the game, the shooting was meh to me, I didn't like the landscapes, I felt it was actually too long for it's own good, and I much preferred the classes of BL1 over the BL2 ones (except Zero, he was cool)

I don't judge either game too highly though, there are far better "loot" games available to get your fill.

It is the best series of games Gearbox has made, but I don't hold that too highly as an accolade.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Lulz it totally made Borderlands 1 feel like an epic fail mirite haha umad?

The above is why I dislike Borderlands 2.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By ArtisanBreads

All the writing and everything in BL2 was awful, but it did have important additions. To me, those games have always been too lacking as shooters to be that entertaining. But 2 was very off putting in those ways.

To me there are a number of games that kind of get by on "loot!" alone and BL is one of them.

@takayamasama said:

It is the best series of games Gearbox has made, but I don't hold that too highly as an accolade.

I prefer Brothers in Arms.

@zevvion said:
    @frodobaggins said:

You're in a minority on this website because Jeff didn't like it and people copy those opinions like wildfire. General consensus on BL2 in general is very different than it is here.

No Caption Provided

leftie68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By leftie68

Oh brother. I love the Borderland series (and 2 in particular) because it is a fantastically good time with fun characters and enemies, and it scratches my loot itch. Who really gives a rat's rump that it's story is sub-par. People that love it don't play it for the story. Sometimes (I know...mind blown), I play games to have fun, and Borderlands 2 and to some extent, the Pre-Sequel, are great fun. Having said that, I felt the same way the OP felt going from the Pre-sequel back to Borderlands 2. I loved the movement in the Pre-Sequel, and it made it hard to go back to Borderlands 1 or 2.

Oh, if you want great story in a Borderlands game, check out Telltale's best game Tales from the Borderlands. Great music, great writing, and for all you story whores, a great story as well. Enjoy!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e60e701b849a
    deactivated-5e60e701b849a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played through BL 1 and 2 multiple times and here's what I think about them:

1 was a fun little game. Nothing flashy, just great but simple gameplay, funny but not aggressively-trying-to-be-funny characters and even though the story was basically non-existent, it didn't detract from the whole experience. I was kinda addicted to that game when it came out and I'm still not sure why exactly.

With that in mind, I think I had a better time with 2 from a shooter perspective. They made changes to the weapon brands, which made the weapons more varied, they took out the stupid alien weapons, introduced Bad-ass ranking and I liked the "classes" more (Zer0 for lyfe.) But the writing and the characters... Forget about Tiny Tina (she's cringey but I didn't mind her as much), I wanted to choke fucking Claptrap by the end of the game and I kinda liked him in the first one! And whenever I read something or heard someone talk, I couldn't help but roll my eyes.

Better than Brothers in Arms?

Hah, that reminds me, I'm really glad Gearbox didn't put out that goofy BiA game they teased a couple years back.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Borderlands 2 made me realize i didn't really like borderlands, it was fun in co-op but single player was boring.

saladbone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My only beef with BL2 is that I couldn't find a character class I really enjoyed in the vanilla game to the level I could in the first game (until the addition of the mechromancer class). That, and it failed to produce anything close to a satisfying final boss fight in the same way that the first game fell short. But in relation to the story/writing/humor, etc: Considering I'm there with 3 friends just trying to have a wacky fun time, I'm just happy they filled their sandbox with something of character, it could've easily been a brown, bland world bereft of any personality which the original trailer back in 2009 hinted at.

But in reference to the OP's first question, I think back to Sly 2, Jak 2, and Ratchet and Clank Going Commando are three examples of sequels that expanded on the original formula in every way possible. And in Jak II's case, reworking the formula completely to the point that going back to your boilerplate 3-D platformer is very, very difficult.

Avatar image for soimadeanaccount
    soimadeanaccount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BL2 is technically a better game, story is fairly throwaway in both. I don't hate Tiny Tina as much as others, and I sort of like Clap trap.

The trash to gem ratio of guns in BL2 is just way too high. It feels super grindy, and trash guns are EVERYWHERE. Bad ass rank is good in concept, but not very well executed. They also seems to purposely design the skill tree so you are always hampered in some department, sure it could be for balancing, but it just feels limiting as oppose to BL1. Somehow BL1 walk that tight rope a bit better perhaps by accident. Sure SMG siren is still OP as fucked, but hey it is fun, and each class could be very strong in its own right. The focus on individual weapon for each class is balance out by giving unique weapon that covers its usual weakness. Shotgun and automatic variant sniper rifle, long range capable shotguns, scatter shot smgs, etc. In BL1 you can essentially put what type of gun you want to use first then the game has a way to work around you, in BL2 it just feels much more limiting with lots of fumbling around with gear. The rockets are way better in BL2 tho, that's something I guess. And I don't particular care for raid-like content.

DarkeyeHails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, having slogged through Borderlands 1, I was super put off getting Borderlands 2 because I thought it wasn't a great game and the marketing of 2 didn't entice me a whole lot. Eventually I caved and was able to play through with some friends which was a fun enough. That said, I had absolutely zero interest in playing it alone since the shooting is serviceable at best and the plot, writing, characters and what passes for humour is all excruciatingly terrible. (For the record, I didn't hate Tiny Tina but I did think she was about as shitty as every other character in the game).

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

@zevvion: I agree with you. Borderlands 2 is great. I've played hundreds of hours of Borderlands. A lot of people focus on the memes, but there is legitmately funny stuff in Borderlands 2. Some of their attempts at humor makes roll my eyes and say "Oh, Borderlands", but ultimately I didn't care because the gameplay loop is really fun.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

BL2 was the only Borderlands to hold my attention. Played through almost all of the DLC too. Zer0 was just a ton of fun. Two of the classes in Pre-Sequel seemed right up my allry, but I didn't much care for the gravity and oxygen stuff.

Also, and maybe this was because I hadn't had enough of a break between BL2 and PS, but there was a point where I had to run somewhere relatively far away and I just completely lost all interest, said 'nope,' and immediately uninstalled.

In any case, here's to hoping BL3 is good.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I seem to remember my time in Borderlands more fondly than in Borderlands 2 despite having put in more play time (53 hours compared to 68 hours respectively). Most of what I remember of Borderlands 2 is a villain trying so hard to make you hate him, the unfunny referential humour/writing and the bundles of Shift keys I held on to for fear of wasting them on weak guns. It was fun at the time, but I don't think I'll ever return to the franchise, especially in light of all the Gearbox shit that's happened in the years after BL2.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#29  Edited By Svenzon

Borderlands 2 made me yell "Shut the fuck up" at my monitor. The somewhat entertaining gameplay got completely buried by its obnoxious idea of humor for me. It's quite shocking that Tales from the Borderlands is actually pretty funny.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

there were some really funny things in borderlands 2 the first time through. After that, it really began to wear on you the same way internet jokes do. I don't think it's the fault of the game, as it's a problem with the way that humor is written, it's funny once, and then it dies and it's no longer funny. The gameplay loop in borderlands is the solid thing and that was somewhat improved from the first. I know i'm in the minority but i liked Borderlands 2 more than the first or TPS but i agree the internet humor in it grates on me and began to after my first playthrough.

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion said:
    @frodobaggins said:

http://www.giantbomb.com/borderlands-2/3030-36055/user-reviews/

Seems to me like people on here liked it quite a bit actually. Not sure where you are getting that people don't from.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeushbien: Not everybody writes reviews. Take a look in this thread. The 'writing is bad and the game is obnoxious and plays poor' sentiment is more prolific here too. But it used to be even worse when discussing that game at the time that Jeff was talking about it.

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion: Just find it odd that the review sentiment is so positive if it's true that the majority of people on this site dislike the game. I wonder if it's not just a vocal minority.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

I didn't care for the original Borderlands much at all, despite Jeff and numerous others raving about it. That said, Borderlands 2 is one of my favourite games of the past ten years and one I still continue to jump in and play from time to time. The combat was more fun and challenging (smarter AI), the loot system felt more diverse and I just fell in love with the wacky universe. I thought the Pre-Sequel was a lot of fun to, even if it was so similar.

If anything I'm more concerned about how Borderlands 3 will turn out, just hope they don't take it in a direction that's to radical.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Playing through BL1 & BL2 with my wife and friends was amazing, and along with the Tiny Tina DLC it's among my favorite experiences in gaming ever. Completely co-op dependent though, I did not have any fun in those games when playing alone.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#36  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

@dudeglove: Yeah, I'm with you. I fell off BL2 hard because of the insufferable writing, and the way they added additional values to be randomized for the gun generation just resulted in me not finding a single gun I liked for the 7 or so hours I attempted to play the game before giving up, whereas the original Borderlands pretty regularly gave me something I found interesting enough.

I did enjoy The Pre-Sequel quite a bit though, largely because it gave me a gun that wasn't garbage to start with.

I actually disagree with the notion that Borderlands didn't have any story too, though I don't think the main story was much to write home about, it had some really good writing in Tannis' diaries that you'd find throughout the game.

Avatar image for planetfunksquad
    planetfunksquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By planetfunksquad

Borderlands 2 is an incredibly fun game. What the fuck are the majority of you talking about? Smoking rice is bad for you guys.

Lab392

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Borderlands 1 killed Borderlands 2 for me.

Revolvers were their own class of weapon in Borderlands 1, which led to a lot more variability in weapon attributes for both revolvers and standard handguns.

The affinity tree gave one a reason to specialize in a set of weapon types.

The weapon spawns in Borderlands 1 were also a lot more satisfying. Opening a chest was more exciting because at any moment I could find a rare gun that would wreck shop for the next 10 levels. Just about every gun I got in Borderlands 2 felt like an incremental improvement over the last--nothing exciting, nothing impressive.

Also, bandits' heads explode in Borderlands 1. In 2? Nah.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The writing in Borderlands 2 was so aggressively bad that I couldn't make it more than a few hours in before uninstalling it.

@zevvion said:
    @frodobaggins said:

"The only way someone could disagree with me is if they're a sheep"

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Zevvion

@ajamafalous: Not what I said. And if it was, yours is an argument from fallacy. Do your research and you will find that the majority likes that game and its characters. Especially compared to the original. On this website that has been pretty much flipped, at least on the forums where people discuss things. What I said stands.

EricSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was the opposite for me. The second one didn't do jack shit to expand on the first one. It was just worse characters with worse abilities doing more of the same shit. I played for 10 hours in the first couple days the game was out and never touched it again.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Borderlands 2 was also the very first game i bought a season pass for (still one of the few to this day) because I just loved it, I wanted to play everything they put out. That Tiny Tina DLC was fantastic!

shinofkod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@zevvion: Actually most forums or hangouts I frequent tend to align with the view of this forum with regards to BL2. Your individual experience isn't necessarily able to be projected on everybody, especially in the realm of public opinion.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion said:

@ajamafalous: Not what I said. And if it was, yours is an argument from fallacy. Do your research and you will find that the majority likes that game and its characters. Especially compared to the original. On this website that has been pretty much flipped, at least on the forums where people discuss things. What I said stands.

@zevvion said:
    @frodobaggins said:

I couldn't care less about the overall consensus of a game; what I care about is whether I, personally, liked it, and you are explicitly implying that people who didn't like it are only doing so because they're parroting Jeff's opinion.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shinofkod: You are just flipping it around now though. Here's a thought, go to Steam reviews and see how many people disliked BL2 and how many praise it (and its characters). That is far more representative of the general reception than the people on this website. Then there are still other sources to use to get a sense of the general reception and you'd see that no, in general, people did not dislike BL2 and its characters at all.

@ajamafalous:If you couldn't care less about the overall consensus, then why are you replying to my post which was in regards to the overall consensus? I wasn't replying to you when I said that either, so unless you're trying to tell me you should dictate in what context I get to talk about things, your post is misplaced.

D-Man123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By EthanielRain

I much preferred BL1; even started a new playthrough recently. I think Roland is the single best "Soldier" class in a videogame ever, gameplay-wise. Just so fun :D

Strangestories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Strangestories

Yeah this is really a really strange topic the way people are responding. Many, many, MANY people on other forums love and cherish Borderlands 2. Not necessarily for the story (which I agree is not good) but for bringing people together to do fun things. I couldn't guess how many hours we have in the game across our PS3 and PS4 saves. There's so much fun stuff to do like weird ways to build your characters around certain weapons, class mods, and shields. If you hit 72 as Maya with the right gear you can use your ability every ~10 seconds to provide your team massive healing, pull everything nearby to the thing you phaselocked, then watch them explode with all the elements while everyone shoots everything you have at the area, decimating a bunch of enemies.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I definitely get this. I went back to the first game not too long ago and while I don't think it's bad or anything now it's definitely a why am I bothering with this beta version of this idea sorta feeling.

Luchalma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're both good games. I've played all of the games with my wife and it's just a good time running around shooting and having fun. That said, the first game is still the best game in the series for me. Maybe because at that time the potential for the series was so bright and I thought man this could go anywhere. Borderlands 2....Fuck. While the gameplay is still fun, goddamm it if I don't want to brain myself with the controller any time someone talks. The game is so desperate for someone, anyone to think it's funny, I suffer secondhand embarrassment for everyone involved. Handsome Jack might be the least likeable character in video gaming, and DEFINITELY not in they way they intended. You could replace every character and NPC in the game with Baird from Gears of War, and Carth Onasi from KOTOR and it would be an IMPROVEMENT.

I don't even know what goes on with the series from here. The "attitude" of Borderlands seems to be a defining characteristic now, but I'm not really confident in Gearbox to deliver on the good game part anymore. In any case I'll buy it and play it with the wife anyway.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.