Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

Bring Borderlands 2 to Ps Vita!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

VitaOwner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By VitaOwner
    BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By BlackLagoon

As much as I would like Borderlands 2 on my Vita, it's not like Gearbox themselves couldn't hire an external developer to do the port for them. That happens all the time with handheld versions.

This is more about Gearbox not being willing to risk creating a Vita version on their own dime, and want Sony to pull out the old moneyhat (or more likely, promise some degree of marketing and development support). Not that that's a bad idea, just hope Gearbox's expectations are reasonable... Sony is certainly not going to pay for the whole port without getting the majority of the profits in return.

VitaOwner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By VitaOwner

@BlackLagoon: Yeh I was thinking the same thing. Sony shouldn't put solely their resources into this port, but if Gearbox and Sony made a partnership that was mutually beneficial, the chances of the port go up a great deal. I'm sure Sony wouldn't be opposed to striking a deal to bring one of the biggest games coming out this fall to the Vita.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By zombie2011

Why?

How about we get some Vita games that aren't just shit versions of 360/PS3 games.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Justin258

@VitaOwner said:

I'm sure Sony wouldn't be opposed to striking a deal to bring one of the biggest games coming out this fall to the Vita.

Sony wouldn't. Gearbox might.

See, thus far the Vita hasn't gotten the best reputation. I hardly believe that it's a bad machine, but there isn't much to play on it at the moment. It hasn't proven itself any better than the lackluster PSP as far as quality goes; for that matter, it may well have started off worse than its predecessor. And the Vita hasn't gotten a crapload of sales, either - the PSP at least had the luxury of also being a good video and MP3 player in a day and age where iPods hadn't already cornered that market. If you then consider that a whole lot of Vita owners probably also have a PC, 360, and/or PS3, which are all better systems for playing first person shooters in general, then you'll find that the demand for a Borderlands 2 on Vita doesn't sound so hot.

VitaOwner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By VitaOwner

@believer258: The president of Gearbox was the one who suggested porting it to the Vita and said he and his staff were big fans of it. I agree that they probably didn't initiate the Ps Vita version at the same time as the PS3/360/Pc versions because they weren't sure how the system would fair at the time they began development on Borderlands 2. They seem to have hope for it now though to promote a port to the system and could be following the leads of companies like activision and Ubisoft who are releasing big games this fall which could dramatically increase sales of the Vita.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Please don't sign up just to dump a link and a line of text on our boards. The Giant Bomb forums are meant to be a place of discussion and if we let any user do this the forums could get clogged pretty fast indeed. This is link spamming and as such violates our rules. I'm locking this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.